It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is evolution proof or reincarnation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Hello ATSers,

Just a thought I had while looking at the thread about the 11y.o. boy who believes he was reincarnated. Apologies if this should be in a different thread.

I think it makes a lot of sense evolution-wise that reincarnation exists.

How else can evolution happen? Humans for example are still evolving, but this can only happen if we have some sort of "memory" to drive our bodies to change.

I don't know how to explain it in a "clear way" but bear with me.

A monkey decides he wants to use a tool to get some termites out of a nest. But his hands are not designed to hold the stick in the way that he needs to. The monkey dies, but his "memory" is reincarnated with the next generation. As they grow their soul is able to"remember" that they want to be able to get to the ants. So their body tries to adapt. But still, not good enough to use the tool. this continues on indefinately, hence the very slow rate of evolution. As soon as their bodies do everything they "need" to be able to do they stop evolving.

An example of this is something I read along time ago about how humans thumbs are evolving slowly to better facilitate text messaging and console gaming. Not sure if it was a joke or not but it would make sense to the reincarnation theory.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vilyariel
Humans for example are still evolving, but this can only happen if we have some sort of "memory" to drive our bodies to change.

Evolution is not something driven by the organism. It is something imposed on species by the environment.

A monkey decides he wants to use a tool to get some termites out of a nest. But his hands are not designed to hold the stick in the way that he needs to. The monkey dies, but his "memory" is reincarnated with the next generation. As they grow their soul is able to"remember" that they want to be able to get to the ants.

This is Lamarckism, an evolutionary mechanism long since disproved, all mixed up with superstition. 'Soul' is not a recognized term in biology.

Evolution is not proof of reincarnation. There is no proof of reincarnation.

new topics

join