It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious appearing people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I was reading another thread about disappearances and I came across a post asking if there are people slipping into our dimesion from elsewhere and if anybody knew of such occurrences. While I was searching, I came across this here; The Green Children of Woolpit."The green children of Woolpit reportedly appeared in the village of Woolpit in Suffolk, England, in the 12th century, during the reign of King Stephen. The only nearly contemporary accounts are given in the chronicle of Ralph of Coggeshall and William of Newburgh's Historia rerum anglicarum,[1] book I, xxvii, De viridibus pueris. Between that time and their rediscovery in the mid-19th century, the green children seem to surface only in Bishop Francis Godwin's fantastical The Man in the Moone, where William of Newburgh's account is reported.

The children, brother and sister, were of generally normal appearance except for the green colour of their skin. They spoke in a strange language, and initially the only food they would eat was green beans.[3] The boy soon died, but the girl learned to eat other food and eventually lost her green colour. She adjusted to her new life and was baptised, although considered "rather loose and wanton in her conduct". When she learned to speak English the girl explained that she and her brother had come from St Martin's Land, an underground world whose inhabitants were green. She became a domestic servant in the household of a local knight from whom Ralph of Coggeshall, himself a local man, learned the story directly"
link:
en.wikipedia.org...

According to Other reports, though, the girl said she was from a land with no sun where all the people are green and in perpetual twilight, and inferred they had a sky, so it was impossible for them to have lived under ground. Source:

anomalyinfo.com...

I also remember reading about a man that appeared in the middle of a street in front of an oncoming cab, sometime in the 1980's who was said to be unknown, as there were never any records of such a person existing, no birth record, no social security number, no driver's license, absolutely no proof he was ever born, Yet he claimed to be from the USA and a citizen of the USA. I cannot find the article, if anybody else comes across it please post it here. And any other strange human appearances. I like to call it the "New People" Thread.

Anybody with personal stories even better!!!!

[edit on 16-6-2009 by ldyserenity]

[edit on 16-6-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I never heard this story before! Thanks for posting. I wonder if their skin was green because of eating green beans or all green foods? I know when I feed my child carrots or sweet potatoes he turns a shade of orange. The doctor said kids sometimes turn the hue of what they are eating.

As for them just appearing...interesting.

EDIT -- I just read this page for some more details...

Scroll to Explanations for the Green Children

www.mysteriouspeople.com...

[edit on 16-6-2009 by bronwyn82]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bronwyn82

I know that if you eat Garlic too much or too often your skin turns a very light shade of green. Plus there was a drink here in the UK that turned the kids skins orange, ( it wasn't Tango but something else the name escapes me at the moment). Sunny delight thats it ( thank you Google)...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
MAYBE- this is something you should research with the hollow earth theory, thete are some new posts on the topic. I am looking forward to reading more on this so if you have any more info please post it here and I will do the same.

good post

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
See, this is why I am going to put some of my DNA away in the form of blood in case I am successful in regressing my age, cause I do not want to be stuck in limbo, or put in some metal institution.

However my roommate said he would adopt me to keep me away from social services, but I said only under the condition of me getting a playstation 3.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
My mothers had that issue before. Her mother always told her to ignore myserious appearing people.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Hey guys and girls. When I was living in New Zealand, I experienced similar occurrence.
I was in the passenger seat with an older farther figure driving. It was about 4 in the afternoon, nice summer day. We had just left our bush retreat,(a real secluded bush section with a hut) and were heading down a country road that we had traveled down many times before, never seeing another person and in a period of say 6 months we would be lucky to pass 5 or so cars.

So we were driving along a straight, with visibility of at least 2-3 kms. Quite often we would stop and shoot bunnies so I was ALWAYS scanning over the passenger wheel down the road and into paddocks, (remember we drive right hand side of the vehicle and left hand side of the road).

Now I saw no bunnies but all of a sudden a man 'appeared' about 100feet in front of us on the shoulder. He was dressed like you all described, in fact I can remember it exactly, Suit, like an elderly gentleman, tweed jacket and pants, all dark. He had a walking stick and briefcase. Now we are literally HOURS away from any other road/house/ANYTHING!.
I turned to my friend and asked if he saw the man and he said yes, I remember saying that we should turn around because for some reason I figured that he may have Alzheimers and be lost, I remember telling this to my friend as he turned the vechicle around. We drove past the point that we saw the man and he was gone, We got out of the 4wd and searched for at least 30 mins but still couldnt find him. Now there was NOTHING for anybody to hide behind, no bushes, no grass, NOTHING, just open soil paddocks and a road, I think I even checked under the vehicle (I like to leave no possibility).

We were stumped, and I can admit that we were both under the influence of marijuana, having smoked about half an hour before this occurrence. I asked my friend to describe the man the bast he could and his description was EXACTLY the same as mine. I told him my description and we both were stumped, kind of freaked. The part were I started to experience fear was when we both realized that something extraordinary happened and I turned to look at my friend and I can never express the emotion that was shared between our gazes, it is something that chills me, even today. (this was at least 5 years ago). When we met eyes it was kind of like we both KNEW that it was real. That is the scary part.

About a few days later, My friend told me of the time when he was on a small fishing boat ( a crew of 5), and he was deep out at sea on night and he experienced a UFO light beam. We never talked before about fringe subjects or even reality/spirituality. Our conversations were usually typical straight guy/old school hard worker type of conversations.
I never knew that he would talk about things that cant be proved real. Well after our old man occurrence, he told me about the UFO and that he had the same feeling both times. Still to this day I don't know what to make of it.

I believe in synchronicity, so maybe because we were both 'High' our brains were experience what I call a 'collective hallucination"? Any thoughts on this?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The story of the green children sounds like it may have happened but it's almost certainly inaccurate in some or all the details due to the sheer length of time that has elapsed since the fact.

In any case, there are so many plausible, mundane explanations for what allegedly happened that to hold it up as 'proof' of interdimensional travel is just dumb.

top topics

join