It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer: Oklahoma trooper not an 'ogre' for choking medic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Lawyer: Oklahoma trooper not an 'ogre' for choking medic

rawstory.com

Gary James, an attorney for trooper Daniel Martin, also said at a news conference that the trooper is not the "ogre" he has been made out to be.

Interest in the May 24 incident has soared since authorities released video over the weekend that was taken by the dashboard camera in Martin's patrol car. The video shows paramedic Maurice White Jr.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Trooper exposed as liar in attack on ambulance

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Let me start my post by saying that I had posted the thread that shows the full dashcam video from the troopers car on ATS. I want members to read this article and view the video to be fair of both sides. Now with that said I will say that the troopers actions still could have handled this situation a lot better then he did. The lawyer is simply doing his job defending the troopers actions publically as he has been convicted by the public the the MSM and Alt news so share your thoughts and let me hear a honest opinion on this topic.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

He has issues to explode over something like that.

If it were that bad I would have followed them to the hospital but it seems this trooper thought his ego was more important than the patients life.

If the driver gave me the finger and broke the law a summons would have been issued at the hospital after the patient was removed from the vehicle, they have to come back to it sometime or I would have called his boss.

I see he just got back from overseas and that would explain a lot, these guys have seen some "stuff" there are things you can see that change you, especially in war, I am guessing he was a Marine.
Well at least he is off the street, for now.

Edit to add

[edit on 6/16/2009 by samhouston1886]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by samhouston1886

Awesome post "Sam",
You hit it right on the head, it was the way the trooper handled the situation and a ticket could have been given at the hospital. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Um, yeah, he is an ogre. Do I really need to type more?
Oh, wait, wait! I can type more! Yes, this cop could have actually been paying attention to what had been happening around him, like, I dunno, knowing that a person was being taken to the hospital? Aw, gee. Maybe he could have been calmer? Maybe he could have, gee, I dunno, just let the ambulance continue on to the emergency room? My guess is this guy was so stoked on roids, or testosterone, or having his wife in the cruiser with him that he had to show her what a man he was, or um, he is a short, fat little punk a$$ and has mental problems and should not be allowed out on the streets without a handler, instead of being handed a gun and a badge and a cruiser? Many things come to mind. But one thing that just doesn't come to my mind, seriously, is that this is a person who should have authority for anything. Well, other than getting himself up for breakfast and cooking some eggs, if he has that ability, and then going back into a long sleep until next feeding time.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by kyred]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The EMT really should sue the hell out of that county, ... not for personal gain, .... but sometimes the only way to inspire change is to hit em where it hurts, ..... in the pocket.

needless to say I hope that cop is never given a gun again, and ends up a security guard at walmart.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Great post, you have me on the floor laughing in agreement... Thanks for putting a huge smile on my face.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

LOL Walmart, that was good.. But I am afriad that it looks like the trooper is going to get away with this but I'm glad to see that his lawyer isn't making to much head way with the publics point of view. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What I've taken from this story is that the medic didn't deem it a true emergency, otherwise, he would've been running hot. The trooper was on a call and was running hot. The medic had no business flipping the trooper off. Immediate grounds for a confrontation. The medic used little common sense, if any imo.

That being said, the trooper could've used a little more tact in the situation. Keep in mind that these guys (law enforcement) have to put up with this kind of crap every day. They eventually reach a tipping point as most humans do.

It could have all been avoided had the medic obeyed traffic laws and kept his fingers on the steering wheel.

Sometimes, when you ask for something, you get it.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It's funny that the lawyer is trying to make him out to be a good man just doing his job
That man needs to spend some time in jail, that was my opinion from when the other thread had come out and that opinion still stands. He got busted. No sugar coating can change that, he got exposed for what he is and it's accessible for the entire country to see it. I hate cops like this one, I can only imagine what he has done when there isn't a camera on him.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
What I saw was the second trooper try and come in and stabalize the situation. He had no idea what was going on. He had to gain control of the suspect. I dont think he was an ogre, he grabbed the man by the throat which is allowed in their handbook. I dont feel that police should have the authority to put thier hands on you in this way. Its Nazism. But seeing how it was legal and he just showed up and only knows what the other cop told him he was within the scope of legality. The first trooper should be fired without pay.

I could be speaking about the wrong trooper. I didnt see any choking from the first one. Its really hard to see any action. Im simply refering to the hand on throat position in the end of the clip.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
On a more personal note:

I hope he falls asleep in a park and is raped by a squirrel.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by soldiermom
That being said, the trooper could've used a little more tact in the situation. Keep in mind that these guys (law enforcement) have to put up with this kind of crap every day. They eventually reach a tipping point as most humans do.

It could have all been avoided had the medic obeyed traffic laws and kept his fingers on the steering wheel.

Well "Soldiermom" I can respect your view of the law, I will admit from all the facts in this case that they were not running hot but... The EMT did try to pull over ASAP but the trooper was to hot headed, the EMT also did NOT flip the trooper off by all witness acounts, the driver put both hands in the air "gestering What the heck" but again the trooper was to hot headed to hear any of this. I think your bottom line feelings on this topic truly agrees that he did not handle the situation correctly. Great post, thank you.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

Great point of view, no hands/grip on the throat should have taken place. Agreed fired and no pay.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

No doubt, we would honestly be better off if the police wouldn't act like that with everybody they come accross. Not everybody they encounter are criminals and they have forgotten that they are supose to protect and serve the public not Police everybody as if they were GOD's

Good Post,

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Well, if he didn't flip him off, then he did go too far. It's been reported widely on our local tv and radio stations that he did, so that's what I was going by.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by soldiermom

No worris, I know the MSM is reporting that the trooper was flipped off but both interviews with the EMT and witnesses report that is was a gester of confusion on behalf of the driver as the trooper made a snide comment on the emergancy radio towards them about pulling over. Any ways, we agree he was hot headed and handled it wrong, they are all on the same team "Right" lol
Great posts. TY

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Lumina
It's funny that the lawyer is trying to make him out to be a good man just doing his job

That's a lawyer for ya. They lie through their ass all the time, such as when they proclaim their client is innocent when in fact many ARE NOT when all is said and done. Hell is full of as many lawyers as criminals!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by soldiermom

Well, if he didn't flip him off, then he did go too far. It's been reported widely on our local tv and radio stations that he did, so that's what I was going by.

He didn't flip him off. It was a gesture more along the lines of "what the hell man".

And why was the troopers wife in the car?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by crisko

Exactly! Good pont, what was she doing in the car? They have not answered that question! lol Great post ty

top topics

<<   2 >>

join