It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology! Need Help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
My Fiance' is thinking of becoming a Scientologist. I dont want her going into anything without all the information. Right now, all she has heard is good stuff, like their the best religion in the world, but I know they have to have some secrets, or some flaws... any links to information, documents, etc. about bad things they have done or anything would be greatly appreciated!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
RUN AWAY NOW, as fast as you can. I can tell you this when she goes, she will only reveal things about YOU.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Gently explain scientology wants her money and you as their slave.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
try these sites for some research of your own :

www.scientology.org...

www.xenu.net...

www.signaturebooks.com...

www.amazing.com...

I hope these help. I personally don't know that much about it.

good luck.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
These might help---you also might ask your girlfriend to do a simple test, tell the group, that she needs to think about it...then wait and see how many times a day - week she gets called, and to notice how pushy they get as time goes by.

www.whyaretheydead.net...

www.crackpots.org...

www.ucalgary.ca...

xenutv.bogie.nl...

www.bostonherald.com...

www.google.com...

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
To some, Scientology is the answer. However, there are more who speak of the damage it does than those who believe in it.

AGAINST:
www.xenu.net...

FOR:
www.scientology.org...

NEUTRAL/INFORMATIVE:
www.religioustolerance.org...

Do some research and encourage her to do the same.

Peace,
BG

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Scientology Aims:
A civilization without insanity, without criminals and without war, where the able can prosper and honest beings can have rights, and where man is free to rise to greater heights, are the aims of Scientology. � L. Ron Hubbard

AWwwwwwwwwww they sound sound scientific and smart. A religion like that doesnt need a church. Some good ideas but a lot crap in their crop.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
My fiance is involved in scientology, i also read into when she decided to get involved, because i like to know what my family is getting into.

Here's what i came up with, Scientology is an ideal that was brought to light by l. ron hubbard, the ideals are good ones, but as for the organized part of it, it is just like any other religion, they need money for this and that, they have classes and lectures and some people are fanatics, but you'll find that in any religion.

My advice is to go to their website, find a local place, check out one of his books and see for yourself.

Oh and there are fishy things going on with the higher ups of the company, yes it's also a company

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
hmm... a scientology tent right in hte middle of my city centre the other day trying to recruit more people, it seems there everywhere nowadays... ....my advice is not to join them in the first place, they started to threaten my friend when he wanted to leave them, as far as i know he still is with them...

peace out...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SpittinCobra

I think katie finally took your advice to run away from tom cruise.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I have Never heard anything good about this group. Every time a story comes up, it's a bad one . I would try as hard as possible to keep any one close to me away from these people. There are accounts of people who wanted to leave, being held and "convinced" it was a bad idea to go against the church.
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join