It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA's man behind the scenes in the Iranian "revolution"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Originally posted by die_another_day
So, the CIA engineered this whole "revolution" in Iran? CIA rigged elections to make Ahmendinijad win the elections to make the elections look like a fake so that Iranians will rise up and Mousavi will take the presidency as a hero?

Seems plausible to me.

Sounds bass-ackwards to me. If your goal is to install Mousavi as president, why not rig the elections to have him win in the first place?

Why prolong the achievement of your goal?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Sounds bass-ackwards to me. If your goal is to install Mousavi as president, why not rig the elections to have him win in the first place?

Why prolong the achievement of your goal?

Because the goal was never to simply install him as president.

The goal was to remove the theocracy.

Which is exactly where the current protests are going.

Do you get it yet?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Originally posted by David9176
Ron Paul's Statement on the Iran Resolution, 6/19/09

"I adhere to the foreign policy of our Founders, who advised that we not interfere in the internal affairs of countries overseas. I believe that is the best policy for the United States, for our national security and for our prosperity. I urge my colleagues to reject this and all similar meddling resolutions."

AGREED, - I consider myself a staunch constitutionalist populist - and believe, as our founding fathers did, that OUR government should be

OF the people, by the people and FOR the people.

NOT

of the money, by the money and for the money

And the USA is NOT a democracy, - Because the media is controlled and public opinion (even here on ATS see LINK) covertly manipulated, then all you have is a plutocracy with democratic trappings analagous to Enron being a "Business"

And this just in this morning from another Thread on ATS

"Former Pakistani Army General Mirza Aslam Beig claims the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has distributed 400 million dollars inside Iran to evoke a revolution. In a phone interview with the Pashto Radio on Monday, General Beig said that there is undisputed intelligence proving the US interference in Iran. “The documents prove that the CIA spent 400 million dollars inside Iran to prop up a colorful-hollow revolution following the election,” he added."

LINKto ATS Thread

[edit on 21-6-2009 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If Iran were to spend 400 million dollars financing US protests against the current administration in the US, the public here would not BLINK to call that an act of WAR, and react accordingly.

This twisted CIA operation has a horrific cost to benefit ratio... when you consider that the Iranian government now has the moral high ground to declare war.

But then maybe WAR with IRAN was the desired scenario, after all, considering the current economic meltdown, a world war, not some third world backwater of starving cannibals like North Korea, is the ONLY SOLUTION LEFT for the current administration to the continuing and soon to be far more severe economic meltdown.

Meanwhile more and more people are realizing who the real criminals are...and those with conscience must make their voices heard, and those in the military must be reminded of their OATHS to support the US Constitution against all foes foreign AND domestic. in order to prevent even MORE of more of (Warning disturbing graphic) THIS: LINK

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
From yet another thread, making this thread harder to find..

Originally posted by Jakes51
I found an interesting source that has been sitting in mothballs for the past year. The article is from the Washington Post. Apparently, last year, Seymor Hersch, reporting for the New Yorker Magazine uncovered evidence that the US may be in fact conducting covert operations in Iran proper. These were findings from the twilight of the Bush era and it is still unclear how extensive operations are under the Obama administration.

However. it states that the US earmarked 400-million to gather intelligence regarding the nuclear program and for fanning dissent among opposition groups in the Islamic Republic. Check the article below and I think this is a red herring we have all been looking for about the US involvement in the dissent currently taking place in Iran.

www.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Jakes51]

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka
From yet another thread, making this thread harder to find..

Originally posted by Jakes51
Apparently, last year, Seymor Hersch, reporting for the New Yorker Magazine uncovered evidence that the US may be in fact conducting covert operations in Iran proper. These were findings from the twilight of the Bush era and it is still unclear how extensive operations are under the Obama administration.

However. it states that the US earmarked 400-million to gather intelligence regarding the nuclear program and for fanning dissent among opposition groups in the Islamic Republic. Check the article below and I think this is a red herring we have all been looking for about the US involvement in the dissent currently taking place in Iran.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Following tow threads I don't remember if it was just posted here. The Bush admin openly acknowledged $4 Billion appropriated for support of those seeking regime change in Iran.

This may seem insidious for some, the US interfering with a sovereign state, but it's a two way street. Just off the top of my head, Iran was working on the behalf of essentially a double agent, Chalabi, being installed as head of state in Iraq. It has subsidized Hezbollah;s attempts to control Lebanon, assists keeping Assad in control of Syria, subsidized Hama's taking control of Gaza from their Fatah counterpart. Ad to that Iran agent being caught shipping nuclear components from the US, Iranian sympathetic academics caught providing translations and intelligence from the US.

The current Iranian regime plays similar disruptive games as the US. Sadly this adversarial stance benefits neither. If the will of the Iranian people is to seek a newer more representative government, is it unethical for the US to support this cause?

Mike

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Following tow threads I don't remember if it was just posted here. The Bush admin openly acknowledged $4 Billion appropriated for support of those seeking regime change in Iran.

This may seem insidious for some, the US interfering with a sovereign state, but it's a two way street. Just off the top of my head, Iran was working on the behalf of essentially a double agent, Chalabi, being installed as head of state in Iraq. It has subsidized Hezbollah;s attempts to control Lebanon, assists keeping Assad in control of Syria, subsidized Hama's taking control of Gaza from their Fatah counterpart. Ad to that Iran agent being caught shipping nuclear components from the US, Iranian sympathetic academics caught providing translations and intelligence from the US.

The current Iranian regime plays similar disruptive games as the US. Sadly this adversarial stance benefits neither. If the will of the Iranian people is to seek a newer more representative government, is it unethical for the US to support this cause?

Mike

Chalbi was the "source' of the WMD story, right? Do you not think that the powers that be did not knowingly use his testimony to gain control of real estate for military bases to control the middle east and Iran, and for oil?

And the "states" you are describing, Lebanon, Syria, even Iraq, & Saudi Arabia, even Israel were created out of thin air, by the British at the end of WWII at the Yalta Conference, not so Iran.

These games are always played to increase weapons sales, - I mean what else does America manufacture for export for the world at large?

You seem to claim that supporting Hezbollah is interference in the internal affairs of America. Please explain that stretch of logic to me.

What other sort of "similar disruptive games in the US" does Iran play beyond their opposing our efforts to make Persia safe for Coca-Cola (flavored sugar water with zero nutritional content)??

$400 million to destabilize Iran may be considered an act of war.

But then IMO that is the point, to save america's economy by the small cost of killing and disfiguring for life still more children.

Perhaps it is time to link to President Eisehower's Farewell to Public Office speech about the Military Industrial Complex.. though today we also have the Clandestine Industrial Complex (Drug Distribution ) and the Prison Industrial Complex (50% of american prisoners are in for an ounce or less of pot) , and the Space Weapons Industrial Complex LINK

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace"
Jimi Hendrix - US Army 101st Airborne

"The show must go on" PT Barnum

PS: Looking at the bigger picture prevents the success of covert hypnosis propaganda techniques, which always and repeatedly try to focus the targets attention upon ONE THING, ONE IDEA, ONE ATROCITY...usually one filled with intense emotion

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Chalbi was the "source' of the WMD story, right? Do you not think that the powers that be did not knowingly use his testimony to gain control of real estate for military bases to control the middle east and Iran, and for oil?

And the "states" you are describing, Lebanon, Syria, even Iraq, & Saudi Arabia, even Israel were created out of thin air, by the British at the end of WWII at the Yalta Conference, not so Iran.

These games are always played to increase weapons sales, - I mean what else does America manufacture for export for the world at large?

You seem to claim that supporting Hezbollah is interference in the internal affairs of America. Please explain that stretch of logic to me.

What other sort of "similar disruptive games in the US" does Iran play beyond their opposing our efforts to make Persia safe for Coca-Cola (flavored sugar water with zero nutritional content)??

$400 million to destabilize Iran may be considered an act of war.

But then IMO that is the point, to save america's economy by the small cost of killing and disfiguring for life still more children.

Oil sales are vital to both the producers and the buyers. I don't accept the commonly held belief that countries are invaded to seize their oil reserves.
As I pointed out, the US buys more oil form Canada than anywhere else. They are concerned with guarantee of supply and price, and do not see controlling the country as an added benefit. There is a similar relationship with Saudi Arabia and elsewhere.

If Iran and Iraq had had straightforward business like relationships with the West, selling their resources at a mutually advantageous prices and terms, I don't think the US would be involve in the Middle East as they are now.

Hezbollah threatens the cohesion of Lebanon. A fragile state on the road to unity when Hariri was assassinated. Iran and the Saudis admittedly vie for control of the government.

Likening Iran to soft drinks is a bit disingenuous. A more representational and rational non-clerical state is advantageous for everyone in and out of Iran. Those rejecting this are the Ayatollah and their elite, as well as international arms dealers.

My main point was not that the US is justified in covert disruptive operations, nor Iran, nor any other involved parties.

Just that it's not a one way game. Iran and the US are both involved in the destabilization game. Isolating examples of one's tactics and ignoring those of others, is not a fair representation.

Mike

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This is probably the closest to the truth we're going to get about this whole Iran deal. There's no denying Israel and Amerika's involvement in the coming regime change attempt in Iran. It's what they've wanted since 1979, when Iran finally kicked us out after two centuries of oppression and lies.
Another story "broke" today about the CIA got caught distributing $400 million dollars inside Iran to start a revolution. Link: pakalert.wordpress.com...
There's also a thread about it here on ATS.

People who actively learn from history, follow the money trail, think logically and rationally are the ones who can connect the dots. It obvious that Israel and the US (CIA and Mossad) and probably the Brits, too, have a hand in what's going in Iran today. It's their M.O.. And lets not forget that W Bush approved and appropriated funding for the purpose of destabilizing Iran's government as early as 2005.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by thereaintnospoon]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

If Iran were to spend 400 million dollars financing US protests against the current administration in the US, the public here would not BLINK to call that an act of WAR, and react accordingly.

Oh, but they have. What was Barack's campaign fund, again? Their 'coup' was media based, since WE are media based people.

Research moveon.org, research George Soros, really really research (I don't mean go to google, I mean go to your library. Go to your government sites (.org) and research funding. Research, read, follow the money.

We had a coup, I promise you. You will see.

The way this ends in Iran will be very important and very significant in what's to come.

The cards have been played. We're talking ALL IN, we're just watching the river. All cards are face up, all chips are in the pot. The U.S. is in this final river. We all have our poker faces on.

The dealer is about to turn over the last card.

Are you ready?

Edit: so many typos
[edit on 21-6-2009 by SourGrapes]

[edit on 21-6-2009 by SourGrapes]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ready as Im ever gonna be i guess.. reminds me of the chinese pictogram for danger is the same as opportunity...

This just in, yet another thread on ATS

Iran finds US-backed MKO fingermarks in riots LINK

The terrorist Mujahedin Khalq Organization (MKO) has reportedly played a major role in intensifying the recent wave of street violence in Iran. Iranian security officials reported Saturday that they have identified and arrested a large number of MKO members who were involved in recent riots in Iran's capital. According to the security officials, the arrested members had confessed that they were extensively trained in Iraq's camp Ashraf to create post-election mayhem in the country.

----------------------

MKO are not nice guys, they are scumbags, and would likely be one of the groups to have received financing. For what it is worth the Republican guards consider the MKO to be brainwashed extremists...a "Marxist guerilla group",

Now thats saying something, actually says a lot of things

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to miichel

I find myself unable to argue with your "logic". Readers might gain further understanding from this web page about The Confusion Technique

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
BBC Caught In Mass Public Deception With Iran Propaganda
News corporation uses photo from pro-Ahmadinejad rally, claims it represents anti-government protest

The BBC has again been caught engaging in mass public deception by using photographs of pro-Ahmadinejad rallies in Iran and claiming they represent anti-government protests in favor of Hossein Mousavi. An image used by the L.A. Times on the front page of its website Tuesday showed Iranian President Ahmadinejad waving to a crowd of supporters at a public event. In a story covering the election protests yesterday, the BBC News website used a closer shot of the same scene, but with Ahmadinejad cut out of the frame. The caption under the photograph read, 'Supporters of Mir Hossein Mousavi again defied a ban on protests'. The BBC photograph is clearly a similar shot of the same pro-Ahmadinejad rally featured in the L.A. Times image, yet the caption erroneously claims it represents anti-Ahmadinejad protesters. See the screenshots below (click to enlarge).

LINK

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Props for the well researched thread.
Stared and flagged.

I've had a feeling something is fishy here from the get go.
I found it odd that there is all this outcry, yet no one has brought forward anything even closely resembing proof that the election was rigged.

Then there was a protest near where I work where I noticed the odd number of very expensive cars and extremely well dressed people who had shown up. There wasn't a single person there who appeared to be "un-moneyed".

That struck me as odd, so I mentioned it to a friend of mine from Iran. Her comment was that i's simple... the poor suppost the current administration and the rich support this "revolution". Since in Iran (like just about every nation) the poor outnumber the rich, I hve a feeling that there was no rigging.

Now, I'm not willing to jjump into either camp... the issue is far too Muddy and there simply isn't enough information to support any conclusions. There are some important questions here though. They need asking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join