It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Some Dots You May Want To Connect

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

Indeed star in a jar. One of the things I have been wondering is WHY on earth would Iranians in Germany and LA be protesting the election results? I mean your talking about folks that immigrated and naturalized in other nations there... That just does not strike me as logical.

Iran is still their home country. They wouldn't just stop caring about their homeland because they left it.

Originally posted by titorite
And you know what else strikes me as illogical. Iranians holding up protest signs in Arabic and English. Why bother with the english? Those protesters aren't protesting in an english speaking nation. Amedidajad doesn't speak english nor does their supreme Imam so just what the heck is the point of english signs? Its not like any other nation has a right to go in and mess with the nation of Iran. Thats an internal thing for them to work out right?

So whats up with the english protest signs in an arabic nation?

It's not Arabic, it's Farsi. Farsi is the language of Persia (Iran). Arabic is the language that the Quran is written in (holy book of Muslims).

Although I wondered about the English signs too......

[edit on 18/6/2009 by Hesperornis]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Not only the signs but my wife pointed out that the riot police have uniforms that say "Police" in english.

<< 1  2   >>

join