It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please do not deny ignorance.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have seen the banner here on ATS for some time that reads "deny ignorance" and it makes me uneasy when I am conscious to reading it.

The logic of it is mind boggling and serious questions have arisen regarding the a graphic designer here at ATS.

As a matter of truth seeking and insight it would be of all concern to discontinue our denial of ignorance and strive to shed light and acknowledge misinformation and general ignorance.

I here by refuse denial of ignorance and ask fellow ATS members to investigate the subliminal and hinting nature of this banner.

Please star and flag.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by omnifiction

Well, since you asked your not getting any flags or stars, that's kind of a general rule around here.

Secondly, the deny ignorance has nothing to do with mis-information or general conspiracy knowledge.

It is our motto because we deny the ignorance that is the veil cast on the general public and the world. We seek the truth of matters and not the one's spoon fed to us by our masters.

I think it's kind of arrogant for you to assume that it would mean anything else? Why would we acknowledge Ignorance, or encourage it?

Do you not see that this world is filled with far too much of it?

I dunno, this thread seems like a big middle finger to everything we strive for here.

I apologize, just my two cents.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Mmm, the plane is crashing and you're complaining about the peanuts.

May I humbly suggest getting past this monumental obstacle that is the logo, and perhaps focus on content.

Just saying ...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well, since you asked your not getting any flags or stars, that's kind of a general rule around here.

That's what I am talking about, first and foremost clear that one up.

Reply to OP: Well it is certainly your right to post this and feel this, but IMHO your totally wrong. If anything, since I have joined ATS my view of the world and all who reside in it as grown to an extent I never dreamed of before. I now see myself challenging everything, not scared to speak out against things I feel is wrong, no matter who I am speaking out against. But it has also taught me to be respectful of how and when I say something. In addition to all that I have learned so much from members of ATS and my own revived research that I literally feel like a light has been turned on in my head since joining this site. So if they are planting subliminal messages they are sure doing a POOR job at it!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If the slogan is all that you worry about, then you really have nothing to worry about at all.

I feel that the slogan "deny ignorance" is great, as tothetenthpower had said, there is just so much ignorance in the world right now.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

"you say potatos...."

Have a go at this...

Deny Ignorance!

for the ultimate description.

[edit on Mon Jun 15 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Man the thought structures and attitudes of some people are just bizarre.
Its like they are possessed or something.
Why on earth would you think its good to be telling people NOT to deny ignorance?

Ignorance = Bad why would you be telling people to be Ignorant?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Why deny ignorance? Are you happy living a lie and living in denial?
There is nothing subliminal about the banner.

But sadly in order to deny ignorance, you must first understand ignorance, which you do not seem to understand. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge and ATS attempts at giving knowledge. I assume that's why you joined, for knowledge right? Therefore you are canceling out your argument simply by being a member of ATS.

However, all ATS'ers pointing out this ignorant post are actually denying ignorance.

SO, by creating this thread against denying ignorance, more are denying it by pointing out this threads lack of logic!

Amazing!!!

Argument seems to have completely backfired eh?

[edit on 15-6-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Denial of ignorance is something we all strive for here at ATS. Obviously it is not perfect.

For instance, most people are ignorant of how Permaculture is possibly the first step towards independence, but of course, you do not see threads like that everyday. Mine was ignored for the most part but thats okay. I do not mind. I will just try harder next time.

It is our job here, or at least mine, to inform people about the world, and the way it is ran. Then, provide solutions to the problems.

If ignorance is bliss, your welcome to it. Some of us choose otherwise.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Deny Ignorance

Taken literally, it could be a statement. I AM NOT IGNORANT.

Only trouble with a statement like that is when the person goes on to say something that contradicts their denial.

It's better to be quiet and thought to be a fool than to open one's mouth and prove it.

I've been waiting for an opportunity to share my interpretation of the ATS motto. I'm glad I didn't let it fly on the occasions I had thought about it.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
How many here "deny ignorance" by "pretending they know"...?

(besides the mods, that is)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Secondly, the deny ignorance has nothing to do with mis-information or general conspiracy knowledge.

It is our motto because we deny the ignorance that is the veil cast on the general public and the world. We seek the truth of matters and not the one's spoon fed to us by our masters.

I think it's kind of arrogant for you to assume that it would mean anything else? Why would we acknowledge Ignorance, or encourage it?

Do you not see that this world is filled with far too much of it?

I dunno, this thread seems like a big middle finger to everything we strive for here.

I apologize, just my two cents.

~Keeper

So than... it is sarcasm?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That's what I am talking about, first and foremost clear that one up.

K, thanks guys, didn't know. I was ignorant, Ill take this chance to acknowledge that.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
Man the thought structures and attitudes of some people are just bizarre.
Its like they are possessed or something.
Why on earth would you think its good to be telling people NOT to deny ignorance?

Ignorance = Bad why would you be telling people to be Ignorant?

Yes, I am possessed....
If you deny ignorance it provides the space for continued ignorance.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Reply to OP: Well it is certainly your right to post this and feel this, but IMHO your totally wrong. If anything, since I have joined ATS my view of the world and all who reside in it as grown to an extent I never dreamed of before. I now see myself challenging everything, not scared to speak out against things I feel is wrong, no matter who I am speaking out against. But it has also taught me to be respectful of how and when I say something. In addition to all that I have learned so much from members of ATS and my own revived research that I literally feel like a light has been turned on in my head since joining this site. So if they are planting subliminal messages they are sure doing a POOR job at it!

Wow, you got all that from the logo?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3krostatic
Why deny ignorance? Are you happy living a lie and living in denial?
There is nothing subliminal about the banner.

But sadly in order to deny ignorance, you must first understand ignorance, which you do not seem to understand. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge and ATS attempts at giving knowledge. I assume that's why you joined, for knowledge right? Therefore you are canceling out your argument simply by being a member of ATS.

However, all ATS'ers pointing out this ignorant post are actually denying ignorance.

SO, by creating this thread against denying ignorance, more are denying it by pointing out this threads lack of logic!

Amazing!!!

Argument seems to have completely backfired eh?

[edit on 15-6-2009 by N3krostatic]

So are you telling me that if you deny that you have a lack of knowledge even when you do that you will automaticly have that knowledge. I call that pretending.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiote
How many here "deny ignorance" by "pretending they know"...?

(besides the mods, that is)

Exactly!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Maybe a more direct and less confusing motto should be:

"Rebuke Ignorance!" There you go!

Because the word "deny" has been used in the Bible to describe Peter. He denied Jesus despite his love and devotion to him.

Rebuke is a more aggressive term, like you are insane if you rebuke something that isn't wrong!!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
How about you stop wasting time fighting about the stupid banner, get out and find the info we are all looking for. seriously you sound like a geek in the libaray fighting over the pronoucation of tamato and tamatO, stupid wasted thred. FOOL!

D.I. FOREVER!!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Eh, Can't say I'm with the crowd on this one. I never liked the deny ingorance slogan either. Hence my own. But w/e. I'm sure there are more pressing matters to attend you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join