It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election 2012--You're Independant Candidates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well, reading over the recent political news, I have come to a conclusion.

Republicans and Democrats, neither of them have an answer, they work for the same people, nothing ever changes.

So in light of that revelation I'd like to propose a question to ALL ATS members.

Who Are YOUR picks for the 2012 Elections?

You may NOT choose anybody associated with any current political party in Congress, White House or the Senate. All Independants.

Let's imagine the two party system has dissapeared, who would you like to see, who would you vote for.

Ron Paul is obviously going to be a choice here, I nominate him first just out of having to do it, so others don't.

Let's begin this little think tank experiment shall we?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I don't know who we should look at but I like the idea of us having it figured out long before 2012. If the movement could garner a general acceptance of candidates long before the election then any movement would have a lot more time to gain momentum. Right now, I think we should be paying a lot of attention to the 2010 elections as well. Focusing on all levels of government, not just presidential.

I certainly 2nd RP. Obvious
I liked Chuck Baldwin from the Constitution Party as well...

Good thread. S / F of course

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I like the idea as you propose it, but the powers that be will never let an independant get anywhere. It's not how the "game" is played. You're right about one thing, there is no difference between the Rep's abd the Dems. they are both controlled by the "elite", who don't care which one gets in, as they pull the strings anyway.
Obama is as close to a puppet on a string as I've ever seen. He can't speak without a teleprompter, and has to stop talking when it malfunctions.
Bush 2 might have been a stumble bum, but at least he could speak without a teleprompter, even though he made up words as he went along.
The 2 party system controls everything, and they are both controlled by the ruling elite. Candidates are picked long before the election, and once set in motion, not too much can change the plan. People think they are electing someone for president. that's not true. They are just picking one of the two peole that the ruliong elite have chosen to run. They don't care who wins, as they pull the strings on both.
Why do you think you haven't seen any REAL changes since Obama came into office. Bush 2 started the seizure of persoanl freedoms, and Obama is certainly finishing the job at a fast pace. Bush 2 started with a large deficit, and added a tarp fund, and Obama kicked it intop high gear.
Folks, there's no difference between them--they play for the same team. different methods, same goal--total control by the government. Look at what you have now, we are living in a fascist state. That's not my idea of change you can believe in. There's no change--it's the same end result. Continued war, continue loss of personal freedoms, deficit spending to the ruin of the country---where's the change people???
For the record, I think Bush 2 was the worst president we ever had. I hope you Obama lovers wake up and smell the coffee, and I hope you love your change---yeah---rightttttt.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Can't really say Ron Paul either according to the rules set forth in the OP, as he is a registered Republican.

My pick would be Jesse Ventura.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It's a shame he wouldn't be taken seriously because of people's conditioning to the current two-party system, but my choice would be Jesse Ventura. Out of curiosity to his election as Minnesota governor as an Independent, I read his current book "Don't Start the Revolution without Me". If you get past the wrestling, he really is an astute Libertarian\Constitutionalist which we need to get back to after the previous administration tore it to shreds and the currrent administration is continuing to do so.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I do like Jesse Ventura, he seems honest and hard working enough.

As for Ron Paul, he use to be an independant, which is why I will allow his nomination in the rules.

I think he'd break away from the party if he thought he could do better as an independant, I think he just knows that the two party system rules right now and he needs to be a part of one to get ahead.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think it would be interesting for Joe Liberman or Mike Bloomberg. They both claim to be independents and could shake things up in Washington.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I think its great your giving exposure to third candidates, and this is coming from an Obama supporter. The issue with folks here isnt the two party system, its the people who allow that system to exist in the first place. There are other options out there, 50 other parties, and this attitude of "its no use" and the constant fear mongering of how your vote is pointless, it doesnt do anything to help the situation. With that kind of attitude your only helping to limit the choices of the people.

While I dont have any independents I would readily vote for, Jesse Ventura is somebody I will give a fair analysis into. Thats if he runs independent.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
ron paul

jesse ventura,,,, no-nonsense approach is great,,,, although i've seen him looking bad lately,,,,,like he's hitting the bottle heavy

third choice,,,08 lib. primary candidate---Steve Kubby

his site,,,,www.kubby.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Well my first choice would be Ron Paul but He is getting up there in age. He would be 76 by the time a new elections rolls around and it would affect him a lot. I was amazed when I shook his hand about how small He is and even though he is in great shape for his age things could change in 3 years. I would support his son though if he ran for office because He is like a carbon copy of his father. We need someone younger but someone whom won't give in to the bribes of the elite. The best bet is to get someone to run that is tired of getting #ed by the powers that be just like we are. I would love to see a Libertarian run and win in 2012 or even a Constitutionalist. I am so fed up with the people in washington running all ove us and to be honest I am fed up with the entitlement crowd also. We need someone that understands what individual liberty is and someone that doesn't believe in spreading the pain.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jkm1864

I totally agree with your post.

It would require somebody of the "middle" class to run in the next election. Somebody who truly is like the average American. Intelligent of course, but these rich beaurocrats and lawyers are not the right choice.

Ron Paul, great choice, just because, but as you said, there are factors that need to be assessed, his age, as well as how close to the fence he plays the game.

I am more and more enjoying what I hear from Jesse Ventura, I think he's my second pick.

Thanks for the great responses everybody, keep 'em coming.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

You may NOT choose anybody associated with any current political party in Congress, White House or the Senate. All Independants.

Ron Paul is obviously going to be a choice here, I nominate him first just out of having to do it, so others don't.

Let's begin this little think tank experiment shall we?

~Keeper

Last time I checked Ron Paul was a Republican. You already broke "your" own rules.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Which is why I nominated him. Everybody else was going to do it, so I decided we could let Ron Paul slide, since he use to be an independant.

If you weren't going to add anything to the thread why bother posting if it only ammounts to derailing it?

I would appreciate some imput if you are going to scrutenize the OP.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

join