British Men: Have You Been Castrated?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Muzzleflash

I think you will find this quotation that you brought me up on.

"In Okinawa, where original karate was born, it was the general opinion that the governments ban on weapons was enlightened."

Is about as true as any other commonly held historical fact. Also I would advise that martial arts websites are not the best point of referance for historical information.

Regardless, the populace themselves embraced the law , you will find that Okinawa was no stranger to occupation and as many other occupied places, eventually settles into normal life.
Furthermore as I said in a previous post. It is illogical to think in this day and age that fighting and armed force at full capacity, head on, is anything but suicide.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Majestic23]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

I typically carry a Beretta .380. It is light and accurate and easily concealable. I like to carry my Springfield 1911 .45, but it is too heavy to carry a lot of the time, depending on what I am wearing. It is my favorite gun by far!

Yes, responsibility is the key, and there are some fearmongers out there that tend to give all gun-owners a bad name. We are not all radical revolutionaries or rednecks. If you see any of my posts in other threads, I went and bought a gunsafe the first time my 2 year old said, "Gun Dada."

I disagree that an armed populace does not affect how criminals think as well as governments and militaries.

If you were in a traffic altercation in a state with a high amount of gun owners, would you act differently? I have a personal experience, where a girl in a jeep made me think very differently about my conduct. She calmly put her hand into a compartment in the dash, and apologized for honking at me and cutting me off. I cooly accepted her apology and walked away. The idea that she may have a gun, or force me to pull mine, de-escalated the situation immediately! Most gun-control advocates will say exactly the opposite.

My friend that grew up in Armenia in the USSR says they learned in school that the American military was no match for the USSR, but that the American populace was impossible to conquer or govern, and therefore an invasion would never happen!

Again, the answer for the UK may not be guns. It may be bigger knives, more direct confrontations, or they may not need anything at all, and we are only seeing the hyper-sensationalized version of a few isolated incidents.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

You are mostly right, especially the east london area and the north of england are badly affected by this but there are few good men left who would not accept such fooliness. The country is being dragged down by this lazy class people of who rely heavily on benefits. They refuse to work, refuse free education, refuse to bring thier children up properly and are comfortable because the goverment pays for thier deprived life style.
They are nightmares to live around, sad really sad, the high levels of social decline in the uk. The country really needs a conservative goverment back to restore to some respect and discipline back to society.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

I haven't read the replies but let me just say this, chavs are under the underclass.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

I wouldnt call it trust of institutions but rather the over-bearing feeling of helplessness that you cannot change something so you dont bother. I have no trust in our justice system - nither does anyone i know. We joke about it, you kill someone and your out within a year, rob a bank? your in for life. I'm pretty sure any american can understand how screwed over we feel but what about the rest of the world? The men who have NEVER been able to defend and feed there familys? The next revolution will not just happen in a country, it will spread over the world should the media be kind enough to stream it.

Personally, i think the French are going to start it. They seem to be in the only country in europe with Balls. Being british and saying that, its bitter to my tongue XD

You might be right about helpless. I don't know. It's just after living in britain for two years, it actually surprised me that people were actually horrified and surprised by things like the MP expenses scandal. But that's just me, I came from a family and general subculture where the only thing a politician or any government official or authority could be trusted to do was be corrupt, rob the system, and screw with people's lives.

It is very disturbing in the UK. When the bin chip travesty first came out, I pulled the chip from my bin, baked it for 30 minutes, boiled it for another 30, put it in the microwave for another 30 (submerged in water) and was prepared to take it with a very disgusted letter of protest down to the council and let them know what I thought of their microchiping trash cans. My husband, who is normally quite vocal and aggressive, was actually frightened, that we would be fined or something like that, and refused to drive me to the council. It was only through alot of arguement that he finally let me mail the letter. He was not the only one, alot of his friends thought I was out of my mind and suggested I go down to the local and drink a few pints.

My point is: that I had never seen people so afraid to confront the authorities, for whatever reason. The old adage: when people fear the government, you have tyranny, when the government lives in fear of the people, you have democracy.

I don't think the Brits are nut-less, but something has to give soon, and I really hope the breaking point is hit and people, not just hooligans and council estate trash, actually come out and confront and threaten the government before an all out total Orwellian state is achieved.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I disagree. Please see multitude of insurrgencies and guerilla wars world wide. Sorry buddy, but the Vietcong and others weren't fighting the U.S. army with Kung Fu and karate Chops.

Fighting an army head on, suicide? tell that to the nutjobs in Afghanistan and Iraq. And they are taking on the most advanced military in the world. Doing it with beat up old AK-47s and explosives made in the kitchen.

An armed populace is a populace with power. Look at medieval England. The kinds then once required all able bodied men to have at least a bow for weaponry. Their logic was it would be alot easier to raise an army if the populace was armed, which was true. But it also made the nobility more wary of really pissing off the peasants, as the peasant uprising were extremely difficult to put down.

Compare that to the continetal Europeans, such as the germans and French, who restricted arms in the populations. It is easy to see why England and Britain as a whole were the first democratic government in post Roman history. I'll bet you fair part of that had to do with alot of the "peons" having weapons.

Disarming a population is the work of an "enlightened" rulership, from the point that a rulership who disarms the people can expect to rule long and unopposed, and get away with ALOT of violations against the ruled.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
[edit on 16/6/09 by Dermo]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesun
The country really needs a conservative goverment back to restore to some respect and discipline back to society.

That is the last thing anybody needs.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I hate one line replies but.

What does the OP suggest we do?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

Judging from the rest of this thread, get tooled up and vote Tory.

Thanks, but no thanks.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I have to say that this "you should have guns" argument is wearing kinda thin.

You guys over there have had guns since year one. So how come you just gave billions to corporate bankers and automobile makers while immigration across your southern border seems to go apparently unchecked and your last president led you into a criminal war in Iraq? Wheres your revolution???

Its not there is it?

"Theres clouds in the sky - you should have guns.."

"Theres sheep in the fields - you should have guns.."

"Theres rain falling - you should have guns..."

Booo-ring

We don't need guns. Its not the British way. We will sit and tolerate and tolerate and then one day, we simply won't tolerate any more. It happen with the Poll Tax, it happened with the fuel protests, and its happened with the current MP's expenses. Change comes gradually. You don't have to fire off a semi automatic rifle to bring it about.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Considering the way that the US people are being robbed and raped by our government and we sit and stuff our faces and stare at American Idol, how can we say a thing about anyone else?

If we were out protesting like the French and even the Iranian people we could perhaps then criticize, but a few tea parties does not equate balls!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesun
reply to post by Grumble

You are mostly right, especially the east london area and the north of england are badly affected by this but there are few good men left who would not accept such fooliness. The country is being dragged down by this lazy class people of who rely heavily on benefits. They refuse to work, refuse free education, refuse to bring thier children up properly and are comfortable because the goverment pays for thier deprived life style.
They are nightmares to live around, sad really sad, the high levels of social decline in the uk. The country really needs a conservative goverment back to restore to some respect and discipline back to society.

Was that a joke?

Seriously?

We have the 'Thatcher years' to thank for introducing Privatisation of everything to this country, and look where that has got us....

Seriously, take one example, the privatisation of the railways...hmmmm that was a great success!!!! "Railtrack - a company sold off long after Mrs Thatcher was ousted - is dogged by controversy about whether privatisation is to blame for the state of the nation's railways." www.guardian.co.uk...

I think dsm1664 summed the UK up on page2 "we have a lot of good people here, good hearts, but we're being pushed from so many angles. We have a leader that we did not elect, corrupt officials, high taxes and a high cost of living. Add the weather to the mix and boy, why would any immigrant want to come here? Oh, the free money and healthcare. Well the NHS is dead on it's feet, so it's the free money."

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I wrote my own experience of this in a thread. Its this chav problem from my perspective as somone who has experienced the other side. If you cant find it then ive probablly not posted it properly >< (new to ATS)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by slinkey10

I'm with you slinky. No matter how far nu:labour has sold us down the river, when the Tories get in we'll be reminded how real crooks operate!

[edit on 16-6-2009 by CRB86]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I thought they were all crooks working under a secret government.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CRB86
reply to post by lightchild

Judging from the rest of this thread, get tooled up and vote Tory.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Hell no. Voting one party or another won't change anything, seeing how they are both pretty much the same filth bags, just with different rhetoric.

No, I think large scale uprisings, revolts, and threats are about the only thing that will change the course of anything. Anything else pretty much preserves the status quo.

Voting in the Tories won't make the chavvies go away. I mean, comon... David Cameron's "Hug a Hoodie" BS?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

We don't need guns. Its not the British way. We will sit and tolerate and tolerate and then one day, we simply won't tolerate any more.

Yeah, I noticed. The BNP just got two seats in the Euro parliament. Granted, it's onl;y two seats out of how many? But the Nazis started with less, and only a couple years before they took power, most Germans thought they were a bunch of useless jokes.

Yes, people are getting fed up and doing something about it, but which direction are they gonna march? That's the real question, and is something to be concerned about.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Evil Elf, you actually consider guerilla warfare successful in any way? Its desperite and often ends up with the civilian population being abused by both sides and rarely brings a victory other than to bring new corrupt leaders to the fore (Russian Revolution a perfect example of all this).

I guess also you are assuming that the majority of the wars you mentioned werent unessesarily drawn out to keep the military machines going, or destabilise areas so The Agenda could carry out its operations.

The wars we have seen even since the times you mentioned you cite have been mostly power play. War is never good, its romanticised. There aint nothin glorious about it. And there is no point in history repeating itself. All thats needed is comprehension and understanding. As The Art of War indicates conflict is not desirable for any genuine leadership.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Majestic23]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

No war is hardly glorious, nor do I think it romantic.

I am speaking in terms of cold effectiveness.

Sure, many revolutions put in people just as bad, sometimes worse, then the ones ousted. that isn't the point. The point is, guerrilla warfare is effective. It drove the American forces out of Vietnam. It drove the Russians out of Afghanistan. it played a role in both the revolutionary and Civil wars.

The point is, it was effective, because it slowly and surely wears down the larger force, demoralizes them, breaks resolve. it doesn't win individual battles, but often wins the war.

Sure, the wars that were mentioned were fought in secret by the powers that be. But I assure you, their intent was to stay longer, to reap more, but unfortunately, they had to move on to other things because they couldn't sustain things.

The difference being, many guerrillas were communist or other extreme ideologically driven. The real issue is who drives the revolt? What is the agenda/ultimate goal of the people revolting and fighting? the uprisings?

No one said it is a pretty thing, it is very hideous in its activity. However, breaking of eggs is required for making an omelet, and ultimately, there comes a time when talking, reasoning, civil disobedience, voting, protests simply no longer work.

As much as I dislike the idea and it's implications, the world is moving more and more towards that point when more drastic, violent measures are going to be the only options left.

Voting one goon out of office only brings in another.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join