It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Men: Have You Been Castrated?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

And yes I have a passport. I have visited Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Britian, Mexico, Canada, and Iran.

If have visited other countries, then I would assume you would taken sometime to understand the culture and the way that country ticks. Your comments make you seem as if you are just going by what you have seen on TV or read in papers.

BTW countries don't mean much if you are in Western Europe and count surrounding countries, you can cross countries the way we cross states.

Not sure what you mean?

States are areas of the same country, no?

The Oxford English Dictionary reads:

a nation with its own government, occupying a particular territory.

Different cultures, different faiths, different ways of life. Yes I can see how you see that as being the same as States in America.

I have been lucky enough to have visited more than 30 countries, on 5 continents. Embracing the culture and the people on each one.

Yes Great Britain has it's issues, but so does every country. And I don't feel that making judgements about any one country without having the facts is fair.

If you had lived here for say 3 months and see our country through our eye's you would not have made comments like you did.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Great post! I feel like I understand your point better now. If I could applaud, I would!

Keep in mind, the same goes for the U.S. Empty streets don't make good T.V. Put 15 people throwing beer bottles after a basketball game in Philly, and broadcast that to the world. That is the way to get ratings, but it is in no way a reflection of the society, and most normal people walk right by the commotion without taking much notice!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
I brought up the "white lads" part because so often the Brits are soooo careful to describe chavs as white/asian/black etc...

No, you brought race into it because that's what you do... you involve yourself in threads and inject your subtle racism into them.
Seen it time and time again

I consider the word "chav" to be like our word "thug"

en.wiktionary.org...

You mean OUR word thug....which we also stole.
We also use the word thug over here too....and a chav is not the same as a thug.....You have no idea what you're talking about

And if I am wrong then don't single ME out for being wrong if that term is commonly used in YOUR country that way.

It's really not..... you've just got the wrong end of the stick.

[edit on 16/6/09 by blupblup]

link   
for all those who want to know what chavs are>>>

www.youtube.com...

Vicky Pollard on Trisha - Little Britain

link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Well I have known and liked plenty of individual Brits, but I must say I did not enjoy my brief time in London. The people were often remarkably rude. Cashiers do not say thank you, cab drivers laugh in your face if you ask them to take you to a destination that they do not deem "far enough". Generally quite rude.

I have no desire to visit all the continents of the world. I am pretty darn particular about the cultures that I choose to visit or embrace. Crime rates and courtesy factor into those decisions heavily.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

reply to post by dsm1664

Well I have known and liked plenty of individual Brits, but I must say I did not enjoy my brief time in London. The people were often remarkably rude. Cashiers do not say thank you, cab drivers laugh in your face if you ask them to take you to a destination that they do not deem "far enough". Generally quite rude.

That's because London is quite possibly the rudest place in the UK. Come to my home town and people would be remarkably polite, even to me as a resident, i still get suprised by the generosity of the English race.

And my town is an ex-industrial town, supposedly one of those places that southerners love to hate.

Same with Liverpool, people knock the place, but ultimately it's one of the nicest, polite places in the UK.

Don't rely on your one of experience of the Uk to decide for you. Don't like London.... don't go to London.

Oh and for those who think that a person will get mugged walking through any inner city environment, that's bollocks. I've walked around Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, London at the daftest hours of the morning and i'm still here scar free.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

reply to post by dsm1664

The people were often remarkably rude. Cashiers do not say thank you, cab drivers laugh in your face if you ask them to take you to a destination that they do not deem "far enough". Generally quite rude.

Sounds about right.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
And you bring it back to firearms again?
In Okinawa, where original karate was born, it was the general opinion that the governments ban on weapons was enlightened. There lived in relative harmony with this law. Even though firearms in that area and that time were available illicitley they did fine. weapons will never solve this problem. And again, the availability of handguns only leads to more nutjobs, programmed or not, taking down schools full of people.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23
And you bring it back to firearms again?
In Okinawa, where original karate was born, it was the general opinion that the governments ban on weapons was enlightened. There lived in relative harmony with this law. Even though firearms in that area and that time were available illicitley they did fine. weapons will never solve this problem. And again, the availability of handguns only leads to more nutjobs, programmed or not, taking down schools full of people.

Not true. If people in the schools were armed, there would not be massive takedowns by nutjobs. They would get shot forth-with!

The problem is not enough people carry guns, or other weapons. The chavs in UK would not harrass people that might be well-armed. Remember Crocodile Dundee? He didn't even need a gun, just a bigger knife and a cool head.

It has been proven time and time again, but gun detractors refuse to read the studies. Washington DC has the strictest gun laws in the US, and it has the most violent crime rates to go along with it! Texas and Florida have the most lax gun laws, and they entertain low crime-rates even in high population areas like Miami and Dallas!

I am not advocating that the UK ease gun restrictions. It seems a lot of the posters on here are perfectly comfortable with the situation over there, and the headlines that we get in the US are the sensationalized version of events commonly covered in MSM.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

For all the glories of your gunfree society you do seem to have a LOT more trouble with violent/criminal youths in the U.K.

The U.S. has violence, tis true. But our problems are typically limited to certain inner city environments and ethnic groups.

We do not have roving bands of teenagers causing havoc in most areas, and gangs of troublemaking white boys harrassing people are so rare as to be non-consequential. So rare as I can't even fathom such a thing happening and would certainly never worry about it (and I read lots of news reports and am quite aware of violent crime).

Here in the UK there is not the hoards of marauding youths the tabloid press and perhapes your right wing tv stations would have you believe.
Just like the USA these 'gangs' are in socially deprived areas.
I go all over the country, my family and friends are scattered far and wide the Britain I know is much different to the one you think you know.

Suppose it is the same as many Brits thinking all Americans are gun toting homicidal maniac's.

I despair at 'Big Brother Uk' yet reading ATS threads conclude it is the same in the USA.

Chav is now so uncool

[edit on 16-6-2009 by dizzylizzy]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Um...just to make a note, I've lived in rural areas, and I can't say I felt much safer than living in certain cities. Of course, I wouldn't be comparing it to Detroit or anything, but for example look at the rape stats for Alaska...a very remote, rural state, without much government interference...they remain the highest in the nation. The government certainly isn't the enemy. It's just a broad term conspiracy theorists like to use frequently, but do not understand the depth of the word itself.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You say they wont attack people if they think someone might be packing a weapon, but if there's 10 of the buggers, pissed-up on cheap booze (which in my opinion is THE main problem of this phenomenon) and they all have access to guns, who's going to win that one; the honest citizen with his gun, or the drunk gang with theirs?

The very last thing Britain needs is legally available guns.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Alright Getreadyalready, I cant tell if you are joking or not. I apologise if I have not picked up irony in your post.

In any case the idea of having to have millions of children around millions of weapons every single day in school ( sure, thats a smart fantasy if you dont take into account all the accidental shootings that would occour ) is surely absurd. Would you really get any learning done with all those guns around in any case?

Furthermore shouldant we be aiming for a utopia, not some steampunk wild west future?

The Washington DC argument indicates you didnt even read my post, I had a fine example in Okinawa that clearly points out that there are many more important factors in crime than gun control.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

Wasn't trying to be ironic, and not suggesting kids take guns to school, but maybe teachers or resource officers should be armed.

I did enjoy your Okinawa example. It is a good example, I was just providing a rebuttal one that isn't working as well.

I spend a lot of time at Florida State University. I have a concealed permit as do most of my friends, but it is not legal to carry on school property. After the Virginia Tech episode, it became apparent that the law may need to be changed.

One armed nutjob among a helpless group is a massacre, but one armed nutjob among many armed people is something entirely different if anything at all!

As for the other response, I was not suggesting the UK arm the people. I actually said that it appears the people there have things under control, and it is only the skewed media version that makes things look worse than they are.

As for being outnumbered, I am attaching a youtube link to a Charlie Daniels song. I think it is appropriate, but it is a little older and set in the deep south, so I hope the irony is not lost. It is pretty funny around 2:30 in to it. If the armed gang was drunk as you mention, hopefully you could outwit them and they could just kill each other!
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-6-2009 by getreadyalready]

[edit on 16-6-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mumblyjoe

However, I ask Americans, have you been castrated ?

everyone is castrated now days, even the women

see if you revolt you die or get imprisoned

and everyone would rather have slavery than death

UK = USA = everywhere else on Earth pretty much

we are chickens, we have no bravery, we have no guts

"oh please just do not arrest me govt"....pfft

we deserve slavery we are all cowards
face the facts and get on with it

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Um...just to make a note, I've lived in rural areas, and I can't say I felt much safer than living in certain cities. Of course, I wouldn't be comparing it to Detroit or anything, but for example look at the rape stats for Alaska...a very remote, rural state, without much government interference...they remain the highest in the nation. The government certainly isn't the enemy. It's just a broad term conspiracy theorists like to use frequently, but do not understand the depth of the word itself.

ok mr govt apologist

i agree, we the citizens are the enemy from your/and .gov's eyes

do not worry tho you do not have to convince anyone to "not revolt" because no one will ever touch/harm the .gov

we are good sheep/slaves we will stay in line

watch

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23

In Okinawa, where original karate was born, it was the general opinion that the governments ban on weapons was enlightened.

"In Okinawa around 1477 a new Sho dynasty was established. The new king, Sho Shin, in order to deal with rebellious warlords banned the carrying of weapons. Much later Okinawa was invaded by the Satsuma Clan from Japan who also re-enforced this law resulting with the native Okinawans developing their hands and feet as lethal weapons, later to be known as Karate around 1905."

www.britishwado.freewebspace.com...

Enlightening???!

Sounds like Fascist - Totalitarian to me

Please get your history straight lol

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

im sorry but, this is just ridiculous. are you saying society would be safer if everyone had a gun? I think the poster you were trying to refute is spot on. their are tons of psychos out there who wouldn't think twice about who the # has a gun. if their was no guns, and the state could be trusted, then society would be free of all those dumb Americans killing each other every day. arming everybody doesn't solve anything, that is just backward thinking and is the reason why our counties in turmoil.

whats "enlightening" is the fact that a leader had the common sense to disarm the nation that was attacking him from the inside. it was the fault of the state that lead to their eventual takeover. there is no such thing as a completely disarmed society, but their is the hope that the people with guns will do what we expect them to, thus ridding them from society.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Kevin_X1]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I understand Getready. It must be pretty sweet to be able to have a concealed weapon though (may I ask what you carry, out of curiosity?). I went shooting at an Orlando Bail Bonds place once.

Let me be honest it was as scary as hell, the ultra badass range operator was giving this nightmarish speech to a couple of Asian dudes about exactly why they should take this seriously and what would happen if they didnt ( this was right after 9/11 so even though he was a fair guy, he was like, putting the frighteners on them if you know what I mean). Anyways he was going on about he could have a SWAT team at the door in under a minute, and if that wasnt enough, he himself could draw a smiley face on a target at two miles. With his I think, highly augmented m16 carbine.

I digress, what I am trying to say is that in a reasonably fair world, we would all be allowed to have weapons responsibly. I actually find it a great shame to suggest a person should not be able to defend themselves in the way they feel appropriate. Its just that we have a lot of growing up to do before we can have them. So being sensible is the best way to avoid crime and violence for now.

In terms of revolution etc... I do not think armed civilians would make a great differance against an organised military. Sure we can have personal protection, but what is going to protect us against an apache helicopter?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I was on the streets at the G20 protest's, I fought the police all day into the night.

I saw Ian thomlinson on the floor dying after being assaulted by the scum nazi police, and i fought like thousands of others did including some on this very thread!

If you think we are castrated then think again

You dont want to be on the wrong side of pissed of english men! trust me on that one you only need to go out pubbing and clubbing on the weekend to see our nature!

In my opinion we are no less castrated that america, our GOV hasnt screwed us as much as the US goverment has

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join