It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For what would you be willing to lay down your life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I found this story today on the BBC, Iraq war enquiry to be in private.

It made me think of all the men and woman that have sacrificed their lives fighting for their country.

I want to take this further.

For what would you be willing to lay down your life? Which of your beliefs, values, possessions or ideals would you fight to the death for?

Me? I think I'd stop at close family, I'd take a bullet to protect my Sisters, Parents Nieces and Nephews. Possessions? None of them. Beliefs? I really don't think (if I'm truly honest) I have any convictions that would make me sacrifice my personal safety.

If faced with a life or death choice, like fight the man of face death in a FEMA camp, I'd fight tooth and nail. But that's only in a sink or swim scenario.

I'd love to know if there are any other things that you'd be willing to give up your life for.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Well, for me that's easy.

It would be my children and my husband. There is nobody more important in my life.

Family is worth fighting for.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Family. I think most on ATS are above material posessions and such and will say the same. There is nothing more important to me than the people I love.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Family, friends, Freedom! Short post......but there's no need to say more.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

At one time - My Country...

Now...a 500 flag thread.

lol

My family, myself, a shot at immortality...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a90837b6ca68.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
i would still die for my country(U.S.A.), but not under this Gov. of
domestic enemies to the Constitution. for freedom, because w/out you can't have even a family. of course for loved ones. for any child any where any time. saving someones life. my right to bare arms to defend my self from tyranny. also if i'm ever asked to deny Jesus Christ is God
or die . i'm a dead man.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
My Wife, my children, my beliefs
and our freedom!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

My family.

Line 2.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I've thought about this topic for awhile before replying, for me ( and I know that this is going somewhat against what the thread is about ) it's less about what I would die for, and more what would I be willing to kill for.

Again I am only speaking for me, but it's easy to die for a cause ( not easy but in context of what I'm trying to say), freedom, family friends or even a random stranger on the street that you are now through an act of fate/destiny are involved with.

Taking a life is much harder, and to me the better question. It's easy to say " I would kill X if they did that Y" but when put in the situation, even when it's a you or them, it's still a hard sell when it's time to pull the trigger and whether they "deserved it" or not it's always going to be with you.

Sorry for the rambly post, just started thinking about this, and it got me thinking about a lot of other things that are usually best left un-thought.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Kuronotenshi]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

It would have to be my three kids!! I would definitely die for any of them. Also my husband, but he has told me that is ridiculous. That's about it, I don't have any beliefs, so that one is thrown out the window.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I would be willing to lay down my life if the two main wishes i want in this world where to come true.

Both things would change the world in ways we could not really fatthom.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kuronotenshi

No mate,I actually see where you are coming from, it has me thinking now, would I rather die or kill for my family?

Interesting.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
i think only for my 2 sons would i be willing to die or kill anybody.

However i may well jump in a flooding river/raging sea/in front of a vehicle to save someone on the spur of the moment without thinking or to rescue somebody from a crash scene not stopping to think about my personal safety - I just hope it never happens and I am not put to the test.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
for anyone i see worthy of it.

physical reality is just a rehearsal after all.

top topics

join