It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate offers new plan to secure driver's licenses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Senate offers new plan to secure driver's licenses

hosted.ap.org

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Senate wants to replace a Bush administration program to secure driver's licenses with a plan that would cost states less money - a plan that some say is a relaxation of the post-9/11 rules.
"It is a recognition that Real ID, as originally passed, is simply not being put in place by the states," Napolitano said Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit To Fix Link.

[edit on Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:32:39 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Chang you say.. I say Ha Ha.. This is just an attempt at sugar coating the "real ID" program so as to make it more palatable by the States and their Populace.

This program from the start was a waste of tax payer money. The only thing that can come of this is a loss in privacy and further hindering of our individual freedoms.

I thought for awhile there that the issue of the "real ID" program had died off. I was mistaken. This administration of "change" (sarcasm hinted) is only restructuring old policies on the surface but keeping the key components. More freedoms wasted away once again.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit To Fix Link.

[edit on Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:36:16 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well said, and ultimately quite realistic.

That's exactly what we need to realize - we gotta stay on 'em like blood hounds.

Well done. Great post. Thanks.

Star & Flag for you.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
OFF Topic: MemoryShock thanks for fixing the link. Not quite sure why it keeps doing that to me.

ON Topic: There are quite a few bills and laws being passed and edited in a manner that makes it look like they are giving priviledges or aid to the people when in reality they are not. It is becoming quite a disturbing trend.

top topics

join