It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone keep seeing 1984 pop up in random places all the time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I don't know if its just me but this number keeps appearing all the time or i've just become tuned to notice it everywhere but it does seem to be an interesting or meaningful number in someway, a lot of things come up in media pointing to it from what i've seen, obviously theres the popular book 1984 by George Orwell but theres also many well known movies, music and events back then, funnily enough im reminded of Back To The Future where Doc notes the year they kept going back to as having some sort of meaning to it, the film happens to have come out in 1985 so it was probably made in 1984!

Im interested to hear what others think, have any of you noticed this or other things appearing more than usual?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
not really

i see the things that happened in 1984 happening today for sure though

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
'84 rocked. Transformers came out that year and its stamped on their asses.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
yes! like with all other decades it's always 1975, 1995, 2005,etc. but with the 80s its always 1984. i guess it's because people think of the book? weird. like i always see stuff in fashion magazines that say things like "dress like new york club scene fashionistas from 1984!" and shouldn't it be 1985?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I graduated from high school in 1984. It was always kind of a joke, growing up, saying "Yeah, I am the Class of '84!"

Back then, the book 1984 seemed like science fiction.

Not so much today.

My real point was that, no, I am not seeing those numbers anywhere, and I would notice them because I have been connected to them my whole life.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Your subconsciousness may be seeking this number out and so you are just noticing it more. It's like how people always see the time 11:11. You don't see 11:11 more then you see 3:22. Many peoples subconscious just notice and note it more often due to New Ager's making a big deal about it.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Many years ago, Rush [Canadian prog band] released an album called 2112, I kept seeing this number all the time, I would suggest that it has more to do with exposure, than anything else.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You don't live in Brown's Britain do you? That could easily explain the 1984 problem you seem to be experiencing.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Yes, I have been seeing it around quite a lot lately. I was told the code to a door that I had to go through and that was 1984. It must be because of the book. I can't really thinnk of any other reason.

new topics

top topics

join