It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Fear and Paranoia an Infectious Disease?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I believe it is, and possibly one of the most dangerous plagues this modern society is faced with.

There is no vaccine, no cure, no effective treatment. Once infected you will lose your will to fight the infection and do everything you can to spread it, ultimately infecting others.

Even politicians, celebrities and the news media are spreading this destructive disease. The WHO have done nothing about this spreading pandemic, in fact they have contributed greatly to the spread of it.

Fear and paranoia in the Middle East and the Koreas has grown at such a rapid rate that war is nearly inevitable now.

Is it psychological or biological in nature?

I am convinced that if steps are not taken soon this growing pandemic could be one of the greatest threats humanity will face in the future.

Anyone feeling afraid or paranoid today?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
no it is not a pathogen

it is simply a natural state of the mind

even other animals experience fear and paranoia

show a kitten a picture of a hawk, and watch what i am talking about

it is necessary for survival, it allows us to avoid painful mistakes

we fear things because they "appear" to pose a danger (real or imagined)

and paranoia is just being on constant lookout for the dangers that are feared

so no it is not a disease or anything, it is a survival mechanism found within most conscious organisms

edit to add : ironically you are paranoid of paranoia
and you also seem fearful of fear

[edit on 15-6-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

A survival mechanism eh?

Can you explain the differences between rational fears and paranoia and irrational paranoia and fears?

The rational fears and paranoia do not seem to be nearly as contagious as the latter.

And yes, you got me, I am terrified of fear and paranoia.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think the rational fear/paranoia would be one that actually avoids a REAL threat.

Where irrational fear/paranoia revolves around totally imagined threats.

Rational fear is so ingrained in us we hardly notice it.

When your driving your car, i bet you stop at the red light. We all fear a nasty wreck after all.

However someone with an Irrational fear, would never drive at all.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Where irrational fear/paranoia revolves around totally imagined threats.

Totally imagined threats?

What about the tactics of fear used by leaders and politicians, the news media, and so much of the crap on the Internet?

Plant the seeds and watch them grow, and spread.

Fear not my friends, a good dose of reality is on the way!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

You said :
There is no vaccine, no cure, no effective treatment. Once infected you will lose your will to fight the infection and do everything you can to spread it, ultimately infecting others.

It all depends on how you look at it ...

Consider this amazing clip of Alex Jones interviewing David Icke !

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Interesting, I got lost somewhere in AJ's rambling. So it is all about our reptilian brains and being programmed by the NWO?

If that is the case there are too many people using too much of their "reptilian brains" too often.

I need to go have another look at all of these reptilian threads now.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
There are too many people that can't see the truth because we live in a world that is so insane that sanity is looked down on as a weakness..... Nothing that is in the news or on TV qualify as sane.... The quest for safety has people driving trucks and SUVs they can't afford, purchasing weapons, making their children stay inside in front of a video game or TV to become either paranoid or sociopathic, drinking fructose laden fruit drinks.caffeine laced energy drinks followed by Ritalin or some other psychotrophic concoction for hyperactivity.... Pharmaceutical company products are televised during almost every commercial break.... Criminal activity and COPS are on TV around the clock.... People are being indoctrinated to be paranoid and delusional.....Tune into Fox and listen to the rants of misinformation, hatred, and fear being spewed by well spoken emotional and eloquent speaking well dressed men in suits.... Unless you don't recognise these things as not being a sign that there is danger all around us, you would be considered insane by those that have succumbed to the mental conditioning (brainwashing) that comes at us from all directions and is now considered the social norm.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
Tune into Fox and listen to the rants of misinformation, hatred, and fear being spewed by well spoken emotional and eloquent speaking well dressed men in suits.... Unless you don't recognise these things as not being a sign that there is danger all around us, you would be considered insane by those that have succumbed to the mental conditioning (brainwashing) that comes at us from all directions and is now considered the social norm.

Now we are getting somewhere. Many people are being unwittingly conditioned to be fearful and paranoid, once fully achieved they can be easily coerced into spreading it through conversations with others or posting on the Internet, which will provide them with numerous back up sources adding to their fears while creating the illusion of validity.

A paranoid and fearful populace is much easier to control.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

You said:
I need to go have another look at all of these reptilian threads now.

I think Jones and Icke must have come to some agreements prior to this very interesting interview regarding the 'topicality' of what Icke would 'delve into' ...

In the context of this interview, when they speak of the 'reptillian brain,' they refer soley to the human 'brain-stem complex' ( I guess ... there's a diagram at the beginning of the clip ) -- Jones calls it the 'salt water crocodile brain' I think ...

As you may know, when Icke 'normally' refers to 'reptillians' he is speaking of straight-up space aliens who are much more 'cunning' than humans in a 'cold-blooded' sense.

This 'normal' connotation ( for Icke ) seems to have been suspended during this interview, probably in deference to Jones' audience.

Later on, though, maybe in segment 10 or 11 ( you can find the whole series up at YouTube - at least as of yesterday ... ) Icke does get back into his 'normal form' by claiming his research indicates humans were 'extensively modified' by these 'reptillian space aliens' in ancient times for the purpose of 'dumbing us down' and it is due to this fact that we have so much 'junk DNA' which the scientists have no idea what it is doing there -- Icke claims this 'junk DNA' was originally fully functional and enabled our 'instrumentation' ( our bodies ) to percieve a much greater range of inputs ( ala 'extra-dimensional stuff' ) than we are able to percieve today ...

What I personally found very interesting, and more than a little suprising, actually, is the degree to which both Icke and Jones stand on common ground regarding, certainly, the shortness of time regarding full implementation of the last stage of the NWO ( WWIII and its aftermath ), and I was suprised by Jones' command of the entire 'Icke genre' from the merely mundane to the full-blown weird ... Very educational for me to get the bigger picture regarding both Jones and Icke ...

So, if you're into Icke ( and I admit he is an acquired taste ) this interview, in its entirety, will not disappoint.

new topics

top topics

join