It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defense Department sees protests as terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Defense Department sees protests as terrorism

www.contracostatimes.com

Antiterrorism training materials used by the Department of Defense teach that public protests should be regarded as "low-level terrorism," according to a letter of complaint sent to the department by the American Civil Liberties Union of Northern California.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well, there you have it: a portion of the First Amendment is now considered 'terrorism.' This is beyond insane. Anything now can be labeled as 'terrorism' from purchasing a gun to peacefully assembling. This is nothing more than a tactic to subvert the Constitution and it's getting out of control. Soon enough we won't have any Constitutional rights left because we'll be labeled as 'terrorists' if we try to exercise them.

TA

www.contracostatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have no words. Epic failure on the part of the government. Protesting is now terrorism?

No. Not now, not ever. Not by the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
man...its the 1st amendment..

come the # on how do people see this and accept it

[edit on 15-6-2009 by whateverponcho]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Evidently, they forgot to include in their study the fact that many major 'protest' related "terrorism" is caused by some agent provocateur, and not the protesters themselves.

But you don't get as many arrests with that mentality.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

All part of the plan, i'm sure:

1) Insert government paid rabble-rousers into peaceful protests to ensure said protests turn violent.

2) Label that violence as "terrorism" and hide behind the patriot act to strip us of the right to protest.

3) Tell us it's for our own good and that we don't really need to protest anyway.

4) Repeat with other civil liberties.

TA

[edit on 15-6-2009 by TheAssociate]

[edit on 15-6-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I hope there will be massive protests for this...

I can't stand this any longer. This is just pathetic what our nation has come to...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whateverponcho

It's called denial, it's ignorance's big brother and it INFESTS us, all of us.

------

This is utter BS, the claim is nothing short of treason.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Our government has failed us.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Its one way to keep your mouth shut and in your place, isnt it.

Now all Americans are terrorists. That includes us, besides being mentally ill.

They made the quick transition from Al Ciada to Americans being the terrorists. Law abiding Americans who happen to believe in something called.....shhhhh....The Constitution.
shhhhhh.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Hi The Associate,

Good find my friend.

The Right to Publically Protest is part of our Constitution; anyone in the DOD stating that it is any act of Terrorism obviously should be fired.

The person that made up the quiz should be fired also.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Well, cops see the average citizen as scum and criminals. Is it much of a stretch for the Military to adopt the same attitude?

It's a "We/them" mindset. Very common in tribal societies; of which we grow closer to day by day. Divisions abound more than community. I present as evidence this very web site. Especially on the political side but apparent elsewhere as well.

God help us!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Just as the lion tamer fears his pride,
so do those who fear loss lose theirs.

They fear us only in numbers, and only in numbers will we defeat them.

Simply a test. They are doubting whether or not to push forward with their agenda. The results from something like this would certainly provide ample information.

This is the precedent they are hoping to use to slap all genuine, questioning patriots - still believing it is our duty to oversee and police "our" government - back into servitude forever...

...either that, or they really, Really, REALLY want to get rid of Alex Jones. Ha ha.

No reason it couldn't serve both purposes, I suppose.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
what????

(in sarcasm)
but protests are big business,,,, and actually stimulating the economy,,,, even in these hard times

because now you must apply for permits, get clearances and actually get an ok to protest

you need permission to be p-ssed off, go figure

oh, these wonderful united states

where did we get so turned around,,, will we find our way back??
peacefully or through violence and bloodshed,,,, or just take it as they dish it out,, and go quietly

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
These detached fat cats would view someone getting the toppings wrong on their pizza as terrorism. ridiculousness.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Its not just that protesting has nothing to do with terrorism, its that we have a constitutional right to redress of grievances. Therefore, we have a duty to protest as American citizens when an event calls for it.

In PROTEST to this act of subverting the freedom of speech, I'll be joining the Free State project and the Seasteading.org project. So put me on your list, DoD. DoD = The real crazed fringe maniac extremists! Treating the constitution like toilet paper (the part where it says we have a duty to protest) is very extreme... going on treason.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
America has become a bunch of pussies. But not just america, Canada too, Europe more and more... at least they had decents protests at the G20, in France, in eastern europe and in Germany...

America is not even a shadow of what it was... a real fighter for freedom.

They pass laws like that, they steal trillions of $$, they lie about everything, they continue the wars and even expand them, still, nobody is protesting. This is partly because of TV, internet and Obama being in.

And protests generally don't do anything meaningful. What we need is a global strike, until the FED is abolished, and the Bush administration in jail, along with the current administration. You do that, you'll see how NOT DIFFERENT the american government is from the iranian theocracy.

It's not for nothing they've labelled ``leaderless movements`` as terrorists. It's either you are in their infiltrated protests, or you're a terrorist.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I gave you the star because you called it

as you sees it.

No sense pussyfooting around the problem.
(pun intended)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

They made the quick transition from Al Ciada to Americans being the terrorists. Law abiding Americans who happen to believe in something called.....shhhhh....The Constitution. shhhhhh.

Yep, and they did it in a hurry too. I'm still on the fence about 9/11 being an inside job, but the more i think about it the more it seems like a setup to have an excuse to bypass the Constitution. If it wasn't an inside job, then the terrorists unwittingly did TPTB a huge favor.

Thank you all for the replies, stars and flags,

TA

top topics

join