It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mining claim for free land

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have been doing some research on mining claims because I have been thinking of buying some land but free is a better price. The homestead act ended so people say you can't get free land but looking at this you may be able to get some for very cheap.

Does anyone have experience with this? I have been looking into the different definitions and types and its hard to tell the facts from the scams because many people sell Mining claims already done.

I will probably just end up buying some land but I'm not having the best luck in finding what I'm looking for in Oregon and Washington that's under 50k.

If you have links that you found helpful please share

Here is some that I found so far to help others that may have not heard of this.
The different types
www.mine-engineer.com...

Tool to help find claims( although I haven't figured out how to use it yet)
www.blm.gov...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'm not sure but will definately be checking out the links further. The fed and state has basically taken everything (what gives them the right is beyond me) and I'm sure they would manipulate any legal claim to their favor anyway.

Unfortunately there's nothing left for free in this world. Here's a link to Land and Farm.

If you want you can click the tab on the upper left corner (search Properties) and look for whatever you want. Horse farms, residential, irrigated, alternative energy or whatever you need. They have some nice properties. Just waiting for more cash so I can get my own piece.

Good luck in your endeavors and hope all works out for you.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Free is indeed a better price.

It's too bad the homestead act ended but the powers that be wanted to force people into debt servitude by having them pay a lot of money for a modest (0.1-1 acre strip?) of land, which is a human right, no matter how much of a worthless, profane scum the Powers That Be think we are.

Seriously, I CANNOT pay 300,000 or 1.2 million dollars for a house here in Canada, and I won't pay for any land at all that doesn't have plumbing, electrical, sewage, or the amenities of modern life.

THAT doesn't belong to anybody, not even to some idiot families who owns the shares of the land that they brought for peanuts in the 1800's and are selling it 150 years later for an 1,000,000% markup.

Hell no. I want free land in the boonies, AND PTB, I WILL GET IT ONE WAY OR OTHER.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I've looked into this before. AS the saying goes nothing is free. I believe with a mining claim you have to pay yearly upkeep fees as well as have to make minor improvements to the property. I think there are also regulations in place that prohibit you from building a 3,000 dream home.

Regardless of this a mining claim allows you the legal use of the property for mining such as gold mining etc. I don't think you could operate a strip mine as you are not allowed to destroy the property. It is usually located in protected wilderness areas.

I think in a SHTF scenerio a mining claim would be helpful for your storage and planning needs but since the property isn't really yours I would think you are a little limited as compared to buying a small piece of property.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by photobug
I've looked into this before. AS the saying goes nothing is free. I believe with a mining claim you have to pay yearly upkeep fees as well as have to make minor improvements to the property. I think there are also regulations in place that prohibit you from building a 3,000 dream home.

Regardless of this a mining claim allows you the legal use of the property for mining such as gold mining etc. I don't think you could operate a strip mine as you are not allowed to destroy the property. It is usually located in protected wilderness areas.

I think in a SHTF scenerio a mining claim would be helpful for your storage and planning needs but since the property isn't really yours I would think you are a little limited as compared to buying a small piece of property.

It looks like the upkeep is around 300 bucks spent on the property so even killing weeds would cover it. There is a patent mining claim that means you end up owning the land, I haven't found how to do that though.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I thought mine claims only gave you access to what was below the soil but the actual property was owned by someone else...

new topics

join