It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO/Rod At Atco Raceway NJ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
ok. Mustang race league was at Atco NJ in May. I was there but was nothing out of the Ordinary on my part.

My Way Video was doing edits and he just noticed this "Rod" go across the track.
Not sure what to make of it. He just posted it today.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-6-2009 by sandman658]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It's small and in the foreground.

Bug.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Clearly NOT in the foreground. It 'flies' behind the clock on the right, and behind the tree line on the left. It seems to rotate along it's horizontal axis, as it gets deformed, on the top and the bottom. Interesting. If it's a bug, it's HUGE, and fast.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I agree, It's not in the foreground. I watched it a few times and still have no idea what it is. Good post

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Clearly NOT in the foreground. It 'flies' behind the clock on the right, and behind the tree line on the left. It seems to rotate along it's horizontal axis, as it gets deformed, on the top and the bottom. Interesting. If it's a bug, it's HUGE, and fast.

Just rechecked:
Whatever... It's in the foreground.

It's a bug.

On Edit: Just watched again... Yup! Foreground. Does not go behind clock or tree.
Blah.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by bloodline]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It appears to fly in front of the Bacardi advertisement above the clock.

It is, as most if not all rods are; an out of focus bug.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
That is what I'm thinking so far. Really hard to tell.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Nope. Just rechecked and rechecked and rechecked and rechecked. One COULD argue that it seems to 'almost' fly in front of the sign when entering on the right. (I don't agree) but how can you NOT see it disappear BEHIND the tree on the left and then reappear in the space between the tree and the edge of the frame?

Bah bug. not.

Again, it if it a bug, it is HUGE and fast. Blow it up, run your CSI stuff against the vid and prove to us it's a bug.

What would be your most likely candidate for the 'bug?' Flying worm perhaps?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
im gonna go with a bug too

it is clearly in the Foreground

even if this was a ufo or something, it wouldn't matter
this is not going to prove anything to anyone

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Bah bug. not.

Again, it if it a bug, it is HUGE and fast. Blow it up, run your CSI stuff against the vid and prove to us it's a bug.

why are we even arguing over this? even if it is not a bug or bird, it does not matter, this video is crap

thats the bottom line, to prove Anything - we will need way better video

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thats really weird. I just went frame by frame and it looks like it comes from behind the sign to me. If you look really close, you can see it looks like it comes out of the top of the sign, but the words on the sign are not blurred or blocked by anything. Now, before I get jumped, I believe in a lot of things.. Rods are not one of them though. So, whatever it is, it comes from behind the sign IMO.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
sigh. Yeah, I guess you're right...sometimes it doesn't make too much sense to argue about something that doesn't really matter.

You ever bet against the spread, or root for the underdog? Guess it's just a character defect. I really WOULD like to see that it's a bug. But I guess I would rather see that it's something I don't understand.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It's not an insect!
Pretty tubular and longing.

Thank's opener,

Happy.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Why should you worry about getting jumped? I don't know about anyone else, but I think this is the ONE place in the world where we should be free to say what we see, or perceive and not have to be worried about being jumped.

I agree that we would need some better video to get a definitive about this one, and I'm not saying it's a rod, but it sure does look to me like it's not in the foreground...

Again, that probably doesn't matter much, but it matters to me and that makes it important to me...will it change my life, nah, prolly not...but I'm not going to assume or pretend as if I have an answer for everything...

Hmm...weather balloon, swamp gas, out of focus bug...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I don't know it sure looks to me like it is behind the sign. I watched it in hq and enlarged over and over and noticed to the far right of the screen there is a small hump or something on the ground to the right of the hydro tower. It actually looks like it is being shot out of that thing. On the left side it looks like it goes behind the lamp post.

I don't think this is a bug. Maybe its a bird of some sort, one of them tall lanky types with the long legs...
Crane? long beak, long neck, long legs, makes it look tubular sort of and it flaps its wings 3/4 the way. Although it seems to be moving a bit quick for a bird though

Maybe its one of them personal recreational rocket things.

Just guessing.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by PowerSlave]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

but how can you NOT see it disappear BEHIND the tree on the left and then reappear in the space between the tree and the edge of the frame?

Because it doesn't fly behind the tree. It appears to, due to coloring and poor quality video. But rods have long been proven to be insects elongated by the way video recording works.

I guarantee you had the video in question been taken with a high speed camera it would show nothing more than an insect, perhaps a fly or bee fluttering through the shot.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Did you ever see this classic thread?. It's a top five thread for me.

You might also enjoy it.

new topics

top topics

join