It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACTBOX: U.S. healthcare overhaul begins to take shape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

FACTBOX: U.S. healthcare overhaul begins to take shape

www.reuters.com

* A new government-run insurance plan would be created with payments to hospitals and doctors set at 10 percent above the government's Medicare health insurance program for the elderly and disabled.

* Employers and individuals would be required to obtain health insurance coverage, with subsidies to help those who cannot afford it.

* Insurance companies would be barred from refusing to cover people because of health history.

* Insurers also would be required to cover some preventive serv
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Dear god i'm confused??????????

Wait, so Americans don't want affordable health CARE?
Apparently they want affordable health INSURANCE?

Really???
And a govt-run one at that eh?
I see!

Dr. Ron Paul Discusses Healthcare Reform 15 June 09

As the good doctor points out, anywhere where the govt. interferes prices will always go up.

But in this case don't worry, affordable health insurance will cover you.

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This is not Healthcare reform, this is a NEW form completely.
Where's the re?

Thoughts?
I think this is an important discussion.

Mandatory healthcare insurance anyone?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is just another way to force feed us their experimental drugs to make us more sick and docile.

Only thing to do is say no.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It looks like the beginning of a deserter!
It is the makings of a plan to put more companies out of business are replace them with more government crockery!

How much more of this will we stand, what will it take to make the American people to crack? Throw up their guns, rip up their tax forms and march to their state capitals chanting (Give us a government for the people, by the people)!
Until that happens we will have to tolerate this "Change" that we so got to have.
The 200 years of American history up to the present is not good enough? Instead we have to be more like our European brothers. Just ask them how miserable they are with their health system.
Sorry I did not mean to rant!

have a great day!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Obama got Booed by the Crowed of Doctors!
Ha ha ha aHa ha ha!

I would feel the same way if G.W.Bush or any other president tried pushing this legislation.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Tick

Really?
That's not what the news is saying
They are saying that the AMA was happy with it.

Do you have a video of this?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Obama got boos for not saying that he supports caps on malpractice suits.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

President Obama says he will not place caps malpractice awards: "Now, I recognize that it will be hard to make some of these changes if doctors feel like they're constantly looking over their shoulders for fear of lawsuits. I recognize that. (Applause.) Don't get too excited yet. Now, I understand some doctors may feel the need to order more tests and treatments to avoid being legally vulnerable. That's a real issue. (Applause.) Now, just hold on to your horses here, guys. (Laughter.) I want to be honest with you. I'm not advocating caps on malpractice awards -- (boos from some in audience) -- (laughter) -- which I personally believe can be unfair to people who've been wrongfully harmed."

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
While this plan is in some ways a step up from what we used to have, it is in many ways a step down. The only people who will really benefit from this legislation are the insurance companies. It is good that they're no longer able to refuse coverage, but that will mean increased costs for everyone, and we already pay more than any other country for our health coverage.

We don't need health insurance! We need health care!

Single payer system = everyone pays less, everyone gets covered. No insurance companies profiting off of pain and misery.

This plan = everyone pays more, and if they don't they get fined. Insurance companies see skyrocketing profits.

It's pretty easy to see who's paying off the democrats, when they come up with a plan like this one.

new topics

top topics

join