It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Kerry Proclaimed to be Unfit for "Commander-in-Chief" by Former Military Colleagues.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by Bout Time
What's been uncovered to date in enough for impeachment. I recon that if we knew more that we'd be discussing the form of execution for treason, no?

You bet! I am all for the impeachement!
All we need is some actual evidence and let's start the trial!

Seriously, if you believe "what's been uncovered to date in enough for impeachment", then where is the trial? I mean, the whole country slaughtered Clinton for a bj. You think there would be less slaughter over what you term as "treason" by Bush?

I only asked the questions above. I don't have the answers. IMO, does Bush have issues, skeletons, or is perfect? No. Kerry? Same.
That is my whole point.

I hear you, and my full on enthusiasm will kick in when the full Dem ticket is announced. But on a Kerry to Bush comparison, that's pretty exciting too.
As to impeachment, there are a couple reason it hasn't gained steam, even though letters of impeachment have been drawn up:

- The hyper partisanship ushered in through the Cheney presidency has had a mollifying effect on Dems. They can't take it "to them" like they should because it's any easy spectre to throw back at them. It's analogy would be this whole "Acts" vote that authorized force.

- They missed their time window on the less than concrete stuff and now need the smoking gun to get it done without appearing to be solely an election year ploy.

- THe same "media pressure" that re-opens police cases applies to Congress. We can't get that in the era of media companies like Clear Channel or Sinclair Broadcasting.

- We can't even get Scalia to recuse himself from hearing the opening up of Energy Meeting records, and he's a regular hunting bud for several Republicans who've had cases before him, not just Cheney. What help do you forsee from the Clowns in Gowns? This is their Frankenstein Monster, after all.

The most important part of the conspiracy is not whether or not the Bush Team has things to be charged for, they most certainly have, it's about how they set the stumbling blocks in the way on the precursor baby steps to get those charges formalized that is the real deal. I can appreciate brilliance, even though it's evil.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
In a news story coming from little-known CNSnews.com, several former commanders and military colleagues of White house hopeful John Kerry plan a signed letter stating Kerry is unfit to be a Commander-in-Chief. A press conference is also scheduled for Tuesday.
.....This should be an interesting story to watch.

Hey SO, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've been an occasionaly viewer at CNSNews for years, but that's another story.

It will be very interesting to see how much coverage this is allowed
. It is big news. It is hard to believe O'Neil has been trying to debunk Kerry since 1971. I wish them well.

RE. The "Cheney" presidency????
As opposed to the "Hillary" presidency???? At least Cheney is part of the elected team in the WH.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mildred bilt
And? Bush is brilliant as CIC? He never even read the law of the land. Has no idea what the Constitution says or why it's such a big deal. Poor fella cain't hardly read anyway without the REAL prez telling him what to say and how to say it. And head man Cheney only wants the oil. S0- who are the guys saying Kerry is unfit? Are they Bushmen? If they think Bushie is fit, you're looking at coocoos.

Your statement is only an attack on the individual, and not a very good one at that. Do you have some factual issues that the rest of us may be interested in?

Whether one agrees with them or not, at least the story on Kerry contained factual information.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by CommonSense]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
. It is big news.

Why the hell wouldn't it get coverage? It's not like it's a dramatic movie about Ron & Nancy Reagen...or a Howard Stern telling jokes about Bush, or a straight reading of the names of the U.S. Military that gave their life for this country (by which I mean Halliburton).

We only censor what the mega-corporate owners of the media fear...the truth. And since this Kerry bash is 100% CRAP, it won't be censored so don't worry. :shk:

I'm not directing this personally at you DTonME, but the same people out there that are simply wetting themselves with glee that the Republican moguls of Sinclair Broadcasting CENSORED THE TRUTH from the American public on Dateline are whining about little bits and sprays of why won't CNN cover my Uncle who knows a guy that said Kerry ate his pizza in Nam, blah, blah, blah...censorship! censorship! Take that libral media.

NINNIES!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Kerry has said that he knew of atrocities that were committed in VN while he was there. Yet, he failed to do the correct thing and report them.

Doesn't that make him ... complicit? In all fairness, shouldn't we be planning his court martial, as we are planning Bush's impeachment? I'm sure it will be part of the discussion tomorrow night.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
. It is big news.

Why the hell wouldn't it get coverage?

BTW, Rant, I don't take this stuff personally.

I did hear a blurb about the press conference on Keith Olbermann's Countdown on MSNBC last night. I checked the transcript and couldn't find it. The remark was somehow mixed between Michale Jackson, Kobe and a mall streaker. Not exactly takiong the press conference seriously, eh?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I am not going to vote FOR Kerry, I am voting AGAINST Bush.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Hey Good News! Only about six more months of election trash talK!

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It seems Kerry was barely fit to receive his first Purple Heart as well....

Kerry Purple Heart Doc Speaks Out
(article)
Kerry was treated for the wound at a medical facility in Cam Ranh Bay in December 1968. The doctor who treated Kerry, Louis Letson, is today a retired general practitioner in Alabama. What follows is Letson's memory, as he wrote it.

"The story he told was different from what his crewmen had to say about that night. According to Kerry, they had been engaged in a fire fight.... but that Kerry had fired a mortar round at close range to some rocks on shore. The injury was caused by a fragment ricocheting... when it struck the rocks.
What I saw was a small piece of metal sticking very superficially in the skin of Kerry's arm... I doubt that it penetrated more than 3 or 4 mm. It did not require probing to find it, did not require any anesthesia to remove it, and did not require any sutures to close the wound. The wound was covered with a bandaid."

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Outland]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join