It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Kerry Proclaimed to be Unfit for "Commander-in-Chief" by Former Military Colleagues.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
In a news story coming from little-known CNSnews.com, several former commanders and military colleagues of White house hopeful John Kerry plan a signed letter stating Kerry is unfit to be a Commander-in-Chief. A press conference is also scheduled for Tuesday.

CNSnews.com "What is going to happen on Tuesday is an event that is really historical in dimension," John O'Neill, a Vietnam veteran who served in the Navy as a PCF (Patrol Craft Fast) boat commander, told CNSNews.com . The event, which is expected to draw about 25 of the letter-signers, is being organized by a newly formed group called Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. For those keeping score, the CNSnews.com site is owned by the often excessively conservative Media Research Center. This should be an interesting story to watch.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Biased media will ignore this or simply sweep it under a nice pretty rug somewhere, count on it. Headlines and money can't be made on Kerry info-bits. Geez, anyone wanting to make a buck knows that talking about Bush is where the real money is at.

Personally, I wished this information would have come after the Dem's nominated him....now that would have been something to hear and read about.

I almost of the belief that his anti-war past has and is going to haunt him.

All-in-all, I hope John 'Freakin' Kerry has a nice day!

seekerof

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Some of the info in their letter will almost certainly be about what I pointed out in:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Controversy over his record of Kills in Action (a number of non-combatants) and comments from his Commanding Admiral. More info available on the posts referenced above.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is such a non-issue. Read the CNN
Article. The guy who made these allegations, O'Neil is just mad because Kerry said that in Vietnam Americans were commiting atrocities. From the CNN article: "Among the charges he lodged were that troops had committed rapes; cut off ears, limbs and heads; taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals; blown up bodies; and randomly fired at civilians.

Nixon was so mad that Kerry was telling everybody what was going on, he had O'Neil go on tv and debate Kerry's allegations. Kerry is a decorated war hero. He volunteered for Vietnam, he didn't dodge it, unlike Cheny and Bush. In fact Kerry flaunts what his CO's say, because they praise him! Google is your friend. Read several articles from different sources then make an opinion. It will save you from looking less intelligent.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by curme]

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by curme]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
And for Republicans, any Blue Moon when that happens is a worthy event!

Really, the mud will be thick & non stop until Kerry is sworn in, and it will surely continue throughout his presidency.

I can't wait for anothr stab at a sex-gate!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

as quoted by Bout Time
Really, the mud will be thick & non stop until Kerry is sworn in, and it will surely continue throughout his presidency.

Good to see you keeping the faith alive BT. Faith is 'good'.

seekerof

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
"Yeah, but it did give Zed & Seek good wood!"

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I nearly fell out of my chair with that one.

You should lay off though, they have an agenda to serve and do not realise that no matter who's in charge they'll be screwed either way. They'll learn the hard way, just leave them to it.

Puppet1: "I believe the puppet on my right shares my beliefs."
Puppet2: "Well I believe that this is an issue the puppet on the left will have to share with me"

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
My ex served in Vietnam for nine years as a volunteer. He lost a leg after the war was over bringing medical supplies into Cambodia. He is one of my biggest heros of all time. And he says US troops committed atrocities in Vietnam. He saw it happen. He told me about the least disturbing incidents. I believe him.

So if Kerry is being attacked because he says we committed atrocities in Vietnam, it will just make me more likely to vote for him.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
"Yeah, but it did give Zed & Seek good wood!"

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I nearly fell out of my chair with that one.

You should lay off though, they have an agenda to serve and do not realise that no matter who's in charge they'll be screwed either way. They'll learn the hard way, just leave them to it.

Puppet1: "I believe the puppet on my right shares my beliefs."
Puppet2: "Well I believe that this is an issue the puppet on the left will have to share with me"

The puppets are on the wrong hands. And I think the blacked-out face belongs to Pisky.

It is too funny. Bush can't say anything about Kerry's record, so other people have to step in and challenge Kerry for Bush?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
The puppets are on the wrong hands.

Jesus man!!! I wasn't trying to be that literal, the intent is still there.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yes, but...

You know what Bush and Cheney's "FORMER MILITARY COLLEAGUES" have to say about them?

Nothing. Since you have to SERVE in the military to have former military colleagues.

For a story about a war that isn't 30 years old, read about what MILITARY PERSONNEL UNDER BUSH have to say about serving in IRAQ.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well, I think I heard it best...

Kerry has been in Washington so long, he has had time to form two opinions on ever subject.

"I think it symbolizes how two-faced he is, talking about his war reputation, which is questionable on the one hand, and then coming out against our veterans who were fighting over there on the other."

"Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry has denied ever accusing American troops of committing war crimes in Vietnam. But his remarks during an interview on CNN Thursday are at odds with the excerpts of a book Kerry authored in 1971, a copy of which CNSNews.com obtained this week."

Now this is a conspiracy site. Imagine your father never came home from Vietnam. As chairman of a Senate committee looking into allegations of MIAs in Vietnam, Kerry defended the Vietnamese. He even went so far as to refer to the families of the POWs and MIAs as "professional malcontents, conspiracy mongers, con artists, and dime-store Rambos."

Now how would someone that thinks this way, think of all of us here at ATS?

(Those who scream that ATS has spooks and disinfo agents take note!)

Scratched for three Purple Hearts? Any scars? Kerry demanded his tour of duty be cut short by 2/3rds? Regulations require that to be awarded the Purple Heart, the wounded must be treated for an injury, caused by enemy action by a medical officer. Kerry never saw a medical officer because the wounds were so minor.
Certainly wasn't caused by "enemy action" was it?

He also asked the draft board for a one year deferment, so he could visit Paris to sit out the war. The draft board refused, so he joined the Navy to hopefully see little or no action.

Winning a Silver Star for chasing and killing a vietnamese who was already wounded (or already killed) by another swift boat crewman? Most interesting... People have been tried and convicted for war crimes doing the same thing.

Admiral Zumwalt said of Kerry, "I don't know if I should give Lt. Kerry a medal or a court martial for all the civilians he's killed. I want to put a straight jacket on Lt. Kerry."

Kerry used "murder" and "atrocity" to describe other soldiers actions in Vietnam were made in "anger" and really not accurate. So today he admits that he lied back then in "anger"? Can we expect him to lie to us in office out of "anger"?

My fiancee is in the Naval Reserve. Did Kerry fulfill his Navy Reserve obligations or devote all his time to anti-American demonstrations? I wonder if by encouraging the enemy, he has an idea of how many soldiers and sailors lost their lives?

Kerry wrote a book entitled "The New Soldier" showing mocking pictures of the Iwo Jima memorial. 7,000 Marines died at Iwo Jima, including three from the famous photo. What does that say to those dead heros?

He states that he voted for the war, but now states that he was only voting for the "process" of the UN putting pressure on Iraq. I would love to see the word "process." Ninty-nine US Senators can't find the word "process" in the bill that they voted on.

And finally, how can service men and women respect a Commander who would called them all war criminals, demonstrate against them and refuse to believe the idea that some could have been left behind.

Now...say not all of this is true? But what if some is? This is a conspiracy site. Do you now take an unknown problem over a known one? Or do you just Deny that you Deny Ignorance.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
"Do you now take an unknown problem over a known one?"
We could possibly work with that if we just knew the extent of the Bush problem. What's been uncovered to date in enough for impeachment. I recon that if we knew more that we'd be discussing the form of execution for treason, no?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So why wasnt this brough up when he was winning the primaries?

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by jrod]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
What's been uncovered to date in enough for impeachment. I recon that if we knew more that we'd be discussing the form of execution for treason, no?

You bet! I am all for the impeachement!
All we need is some actual evidence and let's start the trial!

Seriously, if you believe "what's been uncovered to date in enough for impeachment", then where is the trial? I mean, the whole country slaughtered Clinton for a bj. You think there would be less slaughter over what you term as "treason" by Bush?

I only asked the questions above. I don't have the answers. IMO, does Bush have issues, skeletons, or is perfect? No. Kerry? Same.
That is my whole point.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What did Jay Leno say at a recent Press Corps dinner?
Something like: (adlib)
"You do realize that if Mr. John Kerry is elected President, that he will undoubtedly be the first person in Presidential history that gave a State of the Union Address....and its subsequent rebuttal?!"

Before this is all said and done in November, Kerry will have become the butt end of every joke on late night comedian.

seekerof

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Before this is all said and done in November, Kerry will have become the butt end of every joke on late night

What? You mean even after Bush nearly chokes to death on another pretzel?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You just have to look at the ad campaigns to figure out the strategies of both hopefulls. Bush uses National Security as his main focus point and Kerry uses domestic issues. They are both very important but Bush has done nothing on the domestic front to help the people.

His attacks on Kerry's military service will come back to haunt him. At least Kerry nows what it's like to be under fire in a combat situation, unlike Bush who was sitting at Daddy's ranch drinking and snorting coke dodging the draft. Maybe Cheney was with him.

Thank god I live in Canada!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yes, and Clinton was a draft dodger and Kerry smoked pot. Tit for tat, blah, blah, blah.

At least there hasn't been anything solid on Bush's supposed AWOL issue

Kerry supporters: Remember to vote against him before you vote for him.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
And? Bush is brilliant as CIC? He never even read the law of the land. Has no idea what the Constitution says or why it's such a big deal. Poor fella cain't hardly read anyway without the REAL prez telling him what to say and how to say it. And head man Cheney only wants the oil. S0- who are the guys saying Kerry is unfit? Are they Bushmen? If they think Bushie is fit, you're looking at coocoos.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join