It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very strange "Ring" UFO sighting at King's Dominion Virginia!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hey guys, I know what that "ufo" is!

That ring is actually part of the volcano mountain roller coaster ride. When it gets foggy or misty outside, the top sometimes shows. Anyhow, if you go to the park and stand over where those people are standing, volcano mountain is dead ahead of you.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I am an employee of kings dominion and have been going there for years i have never seen the volcano ride make a smoke ring like that usually its a big puff of smoke then gone. im not buying it but i gaurantee it was not set up by the park. We may never find out what made that ring but we may see it again, ill keep my eyes open now and keep you posted if i see anything.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
i have to disagree with the person who said it was the top of the volano ride what your are looking at to right of the ring is th drop tower behind the drop tower is the rebel yell rollercoaster and then the water park and far far left then south is the volcano roller coaster that ring for one was way to high to be part of the volcano ride and to far away to stay in a complete perfect circle sorry but i dont think that it was part of volcano. Im not saying that i think it was a ufo or aliensbut i do not think it was one of the rides. Its just one of those unexplained things that people will talk about for a long time.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Here's a video showing the flame/smoke emitter at the Kings Dominion Roller Coater ride, as stated in the OP. At around the 3 minute mark, the flame gizmo is seen at night and a smoke ring is captured on video. The mechanism for stable ring formation has already been explained and the King's Dominion contraption works the same way. Blasting a flaming fuel from a jet will inevitably lead to the smoke vortex. Some designs are better than others for creating rings. The ability of smoke rings to rise thousands of feet into the air is well documented. YouTube has video of rings emitted from real volcanoes rising incredibly high

Kings Dominion Smoke Ring

Volcanic Smoke Rings

WG3

[edit on 17-6-2009 by waveguide3]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

Are you kidding? That thing has smoke all around it, you see it starting to dissipate, and it's only a couple of feet away from it's origin. This thing is still INTACT, has NO smoke around it, and is FAR AWAY from it's supposed "origin" (the volcano). If it weren't for those facts I would agree with you but to me that just doesn't seem like anything a smoke ring would have.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

Thanks for the videos Wave!

Hmm, I'm starting to think that this could be a smoke ring...but even in the video you posted, the ring is clearly dissipating and you can see smoke around it. I just don't see that in the King's Dominion video. Either way, you're probably right. Just a few lingering questions...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This reminds me of the Phoenix Lights incident in 1997. Even though thorough research showed that the lights were consistent, at times suspended in the air over long periods and at times traveling in a V-formation, the flare-explanation - which ignored video recordings and testimonies - was pimped by a lot of people, simply because it was a 'good enough' explanation that saved them the embarrassment of having to face one more hard-to-swallow.

For all of you who doubt your eyes, do the following. Go to the video on youtube and make sure you download the whole thing. Then drag the time marker from beginning to end, so that you see the one minute in ultra-rapid. See how the clouds sweep over the sky and change form, while the 'object' stay intact and stationary. It kind of looks like a contact lens floating in a glass of water. If anyone of you who see this still thinks this is a smoke ring, then please post your coordinates and I will see to that you're taken care of at a mental institution close to where you live, so that you can go on living in the illusion that Occam's razor (the simplest solution) is always right.

For those who doubt what to make of it - which would be the most intelligent reaction to an unexplained phenomenon, take into account that the same phenomenon (that is, a phenomenon that visually resembles the phenomenon in this video more than any of the smoke rings or other type of atmospheric phenomenon that has been presented so far) has already been documented in the Ft. Belvoir 1957 incident posted earlier in this thread.

This means that it is a reoccurring phenomenon, just like orbs or triangles, that has been documented in different times and places. The answer to this mystery therefore seems to be more complex than a flame tower or roller coaster.

Witnesses sometimes contradict each other since perception is subjective and selective, so their statements is not proof in per se. The problem is, people direct their cameras at strange aereal phenomenon, which then only turns out as small blimps in the footage.
The majestic proportions and the awe-inspiring impression that the phoenix wing made on the witnesses simply doesn't come through in the Phoenix footage. You need the testimonies to give a better overall picture of what took place, estimation of distance, size, smell, etc.
I would like to see more witnesses of this incident step forward.

Oh, you say this craft smelled of cotton candy? Wow, that's an odd one...

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

I don't think that waveguide3 is saying literally that "smoke rings can't do this, smoke rings don't do this" I think what they are trying to say is that everyone is trying to say what smoke rings do and do not do without looking at the facts.

I could be wrong but I think you misunderstood where waveguide3 is coming from.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This case even made it to CNN

www.cnn.com...#/video/us/2009/06/16/dnt.va.ufo.sighting.wavy

click

edit to correct link

[edit on 17-6-2009 by IMSAM]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
did they have volcano mountain in 1957?

1957-Fort Belvoir, Virginia, Taken in September. This photo was investigated by the Condon Report. A private was called from his barracks by his friends to see the unusual object. He grabbed his camera and took six pictures of the strange ring shaped object. Soon, the object was engulfed in white smoke.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

I watched 6 minutes and 25 seconds of videos and saw NOTHING EVEN CLOSE to what was in the OP.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Probably a smoke ring of highly heated air, different that the smoke rings of a real volcano.

If it's a UFO, could be a crop circle maker looking for a field....or just a tour bus from the future looking at the amusement park, and is partially cloaked.

Whatever it is, it has happened before in several places and is well-documented in photos. Some rings are quite precise and thin. I, for one, think this is interesting and informative, and welcome it to ATS. Thanks and a flag/star to the OP.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

its on cnn today, it is not a smoke ring! common sense would tell most people that. what it could be and what it is , may be a mystery, by the way what do we call things we can identify? "ufo" oh that's right. i agree with you; none so blind as those who refuse to see. dont accept the answer your given, get off your couch or chair and do the work! by the way on cnn it's listed as : " family see's a ufo and goes home to pray." as nastradamus predicted the time is coming soon the secret will be known.

[edit on 6/17/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

NEVER SEEN A SMOKE RING GO SIDEWIDES!! BUT I AGREE IT STIMULATES THE MIND AND IF THIS IS A VESSAL, THEN ITS ABOUT RIGHT ACCORDING TO ALL THE MYSTICS,( TIME WISE)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

I LOVE YOUR SWAGGER!! BRAVO ALSO FOR THOSE TRUE UFO BUFFS THE DISCRIPTIONS GIVEN IN THE 50" AND 60" MATCH WHAT THE VIDEO SHOW'S- I'M JUST SAYING-

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

I agree. The clouds seem to move, but the ring seems to remain stationary. It would seem to me as though a smoke ring would be affected just like the clouds....the camera moves around a lot, so it makes it difficult to judge, but there are different brightness levels of clouds appearing 'inside' the ring...man, wish we had some better video.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SONGOD

Please stop posting in ALL CAPS.

Thank you

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well, so far I have not seen anyone find out what the wind speed was in the area of this park at the time of the sighting. That should be the first thing to find out before thinking it is a UFO. I would look it up but have no idea when this happened and where this theme park is at. This was just a suggestion to people that really want to find out if infact this was a UFO.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Is there a verifiable source for the date that the film was shot? I haven't seen any..

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
sorry chief, I was at Kings Dominion this weekend and noticed such a ring. But it is not a UFO, sorry to disappoint you all! I and my friends watched the smoke ring come from the Pyrotechnics of the Volcano Coaster. we commented on how perfect of a ring it was as it floated up. So either it is just smoke, or a UFO takes from off from that roller coaster every 5 minutes of every day that the park is open! haha, you decide..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join