It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the Warpship!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I do not think you would encounter that paradox if you were simply moving a region of space. You would certainly get to things much quicker but not hit them before you get there IMO.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hyperspace seems better bet for space travel, possibly connected to the blue clowdy thing I saw in the night sky. Though that could have been a worm hole. That is far better than going around and advertising that your the new kids on the block with bicycle tires! We could attract some bad attention back home because of this kind of thing.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I think it's in Europe. but not CERN.

Europe is turning into the future of power research.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The BBC series:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The aliens may have us beat in technology..

But at least we're still blowing them away in bad assery.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather
The aliens may have us beat in technology..

But at least we're still blowing them away in bad assery.

bad assery!
Thats great! I might start a thread based soley on those two words! Thanks for the smile thegagefather!

-E-

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

bare in mind that we have described aliens, their crafts, and their ways the same for thousands of years. Yet we've been advancing exponentially. We'll beat them on time to get to places.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Cyberbian

That's because we have yet to fully know how. We know how to create it, just not if it would work... because we have yet to make it. Until we start spending money to test such designs, we never will know. But theoretically, what I described could work. There's no reason why it couldn't. It'd just be trillions of dollars and need mass and energy enough to create a small star. LOTS of time and effort. But hey, they already are building a fusion power facility that creates a small star. Who knows how far it will be in a decade.

Again, NO! Please enroll for a reading comprehension class.

The article clearly states THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FORM THE BUBBLE!

NO IDEA! That means they don't even know where to begin looking. It is totally beyond the current ablility to conceive of any wildly, remotely possible way, none, zero zilch. Nada!

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Sorry double clicked.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
TBH, I was really expecting something cooler looking.

I guess I've been spoiled with all the SCI-FI and CGI in movies and TV

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by sharps

The poster didn't say dark matter was a farce, they said most of modern physics was a farce. So I would still like to know how this poster knows more than those who have actually studies physics.

Because every year they disprove something from a few decades ago. And that keeps happening every year. Its a Pattern.

One that repeats itself so often, its safe to say, modern physics is mostly inaccurate.

Why would I waste years on a PhD for something that will be obsolete by the time I graduated?

And that is why I went with History and Philosophy

Sorry to get so off topic there, but i felt it was relevant enough to go ahead and post it. Since it was about physics.

BTW - My main influences are Carl Sagan and Michio Kaku, if that matters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join