It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in paradise as Guantanamo Four take a dip, eat ice cream, and plan first Uighur restaurant in B

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Life in paradise as Guantanamo Four take a dip, eat ice cream, and plan first Uighur restaurant in British territory of Bermuda

www.dailymail.co.uk

Now they have been given a chance by officials in the millionaire's playground - an island paradise that doubles as one of the wealthiest countries in the world.
And already they have dreams of opening the first Uighur restaurant.
Embracing the delights of their new island home, the Uighurs have already taken a sunset swim and caught a fish at their first attempt at fishing. They have also reverted to their real names after using pseudonyms since leaving China.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This is ludicrous, ridiculous and downright wrong!!

What the hell was Obama thinking by sending these terrorists to a luxery resort in Bermuda?

These losers are supposed to be in jail and in lockdown and not living like they are on a vacation as these pictures indicate.

Here they are taking a nice swim in the ocean:

Here they are at the local ice cream store:

Taking a nice stroll on the boardwalk:

Wow!

Can I please be detained by the U.S. government so I can take a vacation paid for by the taxpayers.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Before some here start to make the lame argument that these losers are not terrorists let me say you are wrong!!

These terrorists belong to the Turkistan Islamic Movement which is a UN designated terrorists organization.

Weekly Standard

All seventeen Uighurs were members or associates of the Eastern Turkistan Islamic Movement (ETIM), otherwise known as the Turkestan Islamic Party (TIP). The ETIM/TIP is a U.S. and UN designated terrorist organization that is affiliated with al Qaeda.

Not only are all seventeen of the Uighurs allied with this group, but most of them were also trained in the ETIM/TIP's pre-September 11 training camp in Tora Bora, Afghanistan--a longtime stronghold for the Taliban and al Qaeda. There, their training was supervised by a noteworthy terrorist named Abdul Haq. Earlier this year, the Obama administration's Treasury Department designated Haq as an al Qaeda terrorist. The Treasury Department also noted that Haq is a member of al Qaeda's elite Shura (consultation) council, which is reserved for only those al Qaeda terrorists who are in its innermost circles. We know that the seventeen Uighurs were trained by Haq because at least eight of them have conceded as much during their hearings at Gitmo.

[edit on 6/15/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

This is ludicrous, ridiculous and downright wrong!!

The most "ludicrous, ridiculous and downright wrong" thing is that US paid $200 million to Bermuda. So these guys have enough money to enjoy whatever they want.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Can I please be detained by the U.S. government so I can take a vacation paid for by the taxpayers.

you made me laugh so hard when i read you say that

at least your making light of the story

such an epic quote

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamspark

No, the ludicrous thing is that so many people were picked up and imprisoned, at enormous cost to the public, who were never proved to be dangerous in any way.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
You want to lock someone up? Go lock Obama and his administration up.

While you are at it put Cheney, Bush, Rice, and all the other dangerous psychos in a cell as well.

Terrorists...the meaning has changed from its root. Anyone now who is an obstacle in front of the military corporation is a terrorist.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well on the first picture posted Im surprised the MSM didn't twist that around and say another detainee being water boarded. Wonder who these guys are friends with to get this treatment or is this going to become common practice.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Of all places to be repatriated; Bermuda!!!! That is insane, sending alleged terrorists to a haven of the rich and on the US taxpayers back. Geez . . . I liked to go to Bermuda for free.

Talk about a travesty!!! What was the government thinking? Those fanatics are laughing at us no doubt in their cave on the border of Pakistan and Afghanistan. This must be real comedy to them. "Look Sayeed, don't worry about getting caught the US will send you to an island paradise if you get caught," said the Alqaeda recruiter to a potential recruit. "I'll give you one example, remember the Urighurs in Tora Bora that we trained; they are in Bermuda basking in the sun as we speak." said the Alqaeda recruiter.

This is a clear indication of our weakness on the issue and the American people need to demand answers as to why this backroom deal was made. Whoever is responsible for this foreign relations nightmare should be held accountable. This is just another step that will embolden the terrorists to attack again because they know the US won't hold them accountable.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
What also sticks out to me is that these guys were at Gitmo for seven years and they look fat and healthy. I thought at Gitmo everyone was tortured and beaten according to liberals.

I saw these guys on TV today and their teeth looked good as well.

It seems they were well taken care of at Gitmo and now they are on a taxpayer paid vacation thanks to liberals and the self hatred of this country.

Just look at those pictures!

AFTER 7 YEARS AT GITMO, THEY LOOK HEALTHY!

They would have never looked like this if they were tortured and starved or if they were in the hills of Afghanistan.

Liberalism is all about emotion and has nothing to do with reason. They scream torture and how cruel these guys were treated at Gitmo, but look at them.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

You sound so upset that these folks don't look beat to heck and back.

WhatTheory... Why do you call these guys losers?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm confused. Innocent men who committed no crime and were held in captivity for seven years get repatriated to a island country... what's the problem? I know they're brown and look muslim... but so? I don't understand how this an attack on the American people or tax payer or Obama or whatever the # you people are talking about. Seems like justice prevailed to me. Good for the four of them, Bermuda is a awesome place. Completely corrupt and under the rule of a drug lord (Jossy) but hey I've played paintball there before, it's all right.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Way to NOT comment on the topic at hand.

Do you actually believe they deserve this vacation?

Umm.....terrorist=loser

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
I'm confused.

Why am I not surprised.

Innocent men who committed no crime and were held in captivity for seven years get repatriated to a island country... what's the problem?

Did you read the article I posted from the Weekly Standard or do you always post talking points in order to make a lame point?
These losers are known terrorists and I'm sure you know this.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Although I agree (on some level) with the outrage, this was problem number 1 when Obama said he was closing Gitmo:

Where are you going to send the prisoners?

The problem lies in the fact that nobody wants them. In this particular case, China wanted them back but the US didn't feel "safe" sending them there since there were concerns that China would have them executed.

(As a side note, if they really are terrorists I don't know why we'd care what China did with them, but I digress.)

Get ready for the next round of releases -- you will find an awful lot of them ending up in various tropical islands I'm sure. They tend to be less populated, have numerous jobs in resorts that don't require any formal education or training, and will provide them with a climate they can easily adjust to.

Keep in mind -- these people are now considered free and have "paid their debt to society" if you will.

I'm not saying I agree with it or like it -- but where are you going to put them?

PS - The prisoners did not get the $200M. Give me a break.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
What also sticks out to me is that these guys were at Gitmo for seven years and they look fat and healthy. I thought at Gitmo everyone was tortured and beaten according to liberals.

Excellent point!
These are some fat ass terrorists.

If anything, Gitmo better start reducing their food intake.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Of course I'm upset about it.

The liberals made it sound like Gitmo was being ran by Torquemada. I thought it was a matter of life and death that we get these guys out of Gitmo.

These guys look fat and healthy and they are living it up on tax payer money.

I predict these guys will escape in a month or so. They have no guards according to news reports. They are just being followed around by a Minder.

What liberals don't understand these guys don't care about Ice Cream and swimming. They think it's their God given duty to destroy us and Ice Cream is not going to buy these guys off.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
I'm confused.

Why am I not surprised.

Innocent men who committed no crime and were held in captivity for seven years get repatriated to a island country... what's the problem?

Did you read the article I posted from the Weekly Standard or do you always post talking points in order to make a lame point?
These losers are known terrorists and I'm sure you know this.

I read your original article, the one this thread is founded on which said

They were detained by the Americans, who eventually determined they were not a threat to the United States.
So the United States government, military, intelligence community determined they're not a threat and innocent yet some conservative guy on ATS is screaming they're losers, terrorists, and screaming about Obama... and I don't know... I tend to zone out when the logic ends. Oh wow they're loosely connected to other people who come from the same place as them. Yeah they're all terrorists and losers aren't they? Total justification for their imprisonment and my #ing tax dollars going to keep them locked up rather than just letting them go

I don't even know what the # a terrorist is. Seems to be a word a lot of people use and hide behind these days to excuse guilt or justify unjustifiable acts.

And yes it's all Obama's fault.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

If these guys are so innocent as you seem to think, why didn't their host countries just take them back?

Why did we have to pay 200 million to Bermuda to take them?

If they were so innocent their host countries should have welcomed them back with open arms.

My suggestion was liberals who think these guys are so innocent, should take prisoners from Gitmo into their homes. We can put them on house arrest and this way we don't have to pay 200 million to countries to take these prisoners since they can't go to their home countries.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Perhaps you should learn to read.

The former terror suspects are Uighurs - members of China's Muslim Turkic-speaking minority - and hail from a rugged province in the far west of the country.

U.S. officials eventually declared the Uighurs innocent of any wrongdoing and authorized their release, but they couldn't be sent back to China because U.S. law forbids deporting someone to a country where they are likely to face torture or persecution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join