It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we all are pure consiouness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
ok so i believe that the universe is pure consciousness
anybody else

the other night i was half asleep and i felt conscious that's the only way i can describe it
nothing was going through my mind no thought of any kind just CONSCIOUS
also i have had many dreams were i have died and came back alive last night a died in my dreams a number of times

it feels as if i no what dying feels like and after i die in my dreams i still feel conscious in my dreams its weird but my dreams are very vivid i can do anything i want in them

do you think u can still be pure consciousness if you dont have a brain whats your thoughts

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think everything is conscious. Just higher or lower levels of what they can be aware of. Like a plant is alive, it feels, but it doesn't feel the same things a human does. A cat is also alive, and it is aware of more things than a plant from our POV. A human is also alive and aware of even more things than a cat. ETs and so on. I believe even the dirt on the ground is conscious, but its consciousness can only go up from there from our POV. Life is everything. We as humans just discriminate too much to the point where we see differences that aren't really there.

All life is on a need to know basis. Even us humans know very little. We are equal with the air, equal with the food we eat, equal with all animals. We are all a part of the whole earth, and take any of these away and we cannot exist. Earth can be thought of as a single organism (so can the universe), and even though we dont like to think we are part of something greater, rather than something great ourselves we will all die one day and our bodies will return to the dirt to start another cycle. Because nothing is permanent when you look at individuals, it is always changing, life that is. but when you look at the bigger picture it is the same always, an endless cycle.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tdrowe2008

I take it you have had lucid dreams? They're just the beginnings.

You are on the right track.

You probably will have several OOBEs soon.

Welcome to the club.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Indeed, we are pure consciousness. Our true essence is the silent observer, aware, yet formless, and eternal. We are not our thoughts, or our body, or our name...we simply 'are'... we are human-beings, yet too often find ourselves trapped in the 'human' aspect and forget about 'being'.

Too consumed by the sounds, tastes, sights, and emotions...we forget our true self, trying to identify ourselves by buying things, or living through other people...the ego is in constant search for an identity, and for happiness...but the greatest joke of all time is that everything we search for is already here, within us...waiting to be realized.

It is beautiful, yet tragic when it is forgotten by the masses of humanity...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

Yes, I have been there many, many times.

The odd thing is that we may have lost our 5 senses and our senses of identity, and yet we still have them. It sounds like a riddle or a koan. I can expound on that later.

It feels like a loss of ego, but yet it is not.

What we get out of lucid dreaming or OOBE or NDE is that we are not our bodies. We are just, simply, us.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by bvproductions

What we get out of lucid dreaming or OOBE or NDE is that we are not our bodies. We are just, simply, us.

Precisely. Much as the rain falls, the earth shakes, and the sun rises and falls... it simply IS.
We wonder what the meaning of life is -- but, to attach meaning would mean to attach a form of restriction; to say it must either be this, or this.
But, alas!...the meaning of life is that life is, just as we are...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
read the thread below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope you find it interesting.
and yes, I agree with you.
cheers

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't know if everything is pure consciousness but people should learn something from subconscious thought (ie. journal your dreams) because there very well be something to be learned from it. We spend about 8 hours a day sleeping, so we are wired for the activity. Sleeping and dreaming are my favorite past times.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
maybe the more conscious you are the more of your brain you use and more of your dna is unlocked

maybe animals don't use alot of there brain and the more conscious they become what you think?

top topics

join