It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bach To The Future - New Deep Meditation Tool!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Very generous indeed!
Deep gratitude to Miss_Silver, and of course Omega.
As I mentioned to OP in a previous thread, I'm interested in the programming behind this. My hubs does music engineering and I want him to whip up something suitable to my tastes. I'm a bit hesitant to let the influence of others into my brain space as I don't want to pick up 'impressions' (just slightly paranoid
). So, I ask most kindly, would Miss_Silver perhaps u2u me with the technical info on this? I would be most appreciative!

I look forward to hearing feedback from ATSers on this one for sure!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

titorite,
You are absolutely correct. I'm sorry I did not mention you in my thanks, miss_silver. If the Karma gods are listening, and will heed my plea, I hope you get a double helping of good karma.

Thank you for your kind offer.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Wonderful beats, I listened Bach last night and for the most part loved it. My only criticism is that the Baroque style has so many little flourishes that I found myself a little distracted towards the end of
many of the musical passages.

great work though. I've been using Binaural Beats with my meditation practice for a few years and I completely think that they've elevated my natural ability to achieve the appropriate brainwaves.

cheers

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Tamale_214]

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Tamale_214]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

Originally posted by angrydog
well..im a bit surprised...
someone post a link to brain effecting stuff and says..hey its cool..
and everyone downloading it and using it

i mean..hello? is this ATS? hehe...dont get me wrong..im interestet in stuff like this..but well..

noone can really say what this kind of stuff do with your brain...
maybe its a program to make you more stupid? or maybe it implant some stuff you wont have in your brain?

who knows...

what i mean is...this is ATS right?
i a bit confused about the easy going on this threat

anyway..i dont want to flame...im just surprised

Um Hello?

The OP posted a link to a nice audio of what I would classify as "classical" music. If you think that is going to make you stupid, then maybe it will.

Not all of us believe in hidden brain wave theories...I believe in self-control like many others here. If this music is to much for you, maybe you should cover your ears

well i know my english isnt the best

but i think you have understand what i mean?

i didnt talk about the style of music...well..nevermind..

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well i listened to it and i dident really feel anything
But i will keep listening to it everyday.
If at least i can get a good nights rest then im happy.
When i was young i used to dream a lot but now its like im hollow and never dream anything intense.

Oh well no more super human strengh and monsters for me

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

OmegaPoint - I have never been up for various debates on meditation. I do believe it helps some people, and others, well like I said...its just one way of putting "you" into that "state of mind".

Many of our peers do not have the right tools to go into such states of minds alone, so I still acknowledge your tries at getting others into such habits. I speak for a small minority when I say I am always at peace with the world, and that practically any activity can be "mind boggling".

To me, meditation is such the starting form of something much greater. One should be able to envelop everything in life in such a gracious way, not only from moments of silence and tranquility.

I am still sure there are many who do feel better after meditative practices, and more power to them. It certainly isn't a bad thing. There are to many grumps out there in the world.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Dude, what exactly is the purpose of this, ie what can one expect to achieve, weight loss ? give up smoking, obe ?

From my own personal experience in dabbling in this stuff (please let me know what you think) well, I er erm simply fell asleep.

I had used binurial beats, got into a relaxed postion then fell asleep.

I tried a program that flashed up subliminal messages and played various rhythms on the pc while i surfed. But yet again I fell asleep.

I tried holsync and slept.

And some strange hypno dude and slept.

I once had a hypnotist type try to get me to quit smoking but apparently I'm too critically minded (or he was crap) to let go and have my subconscious accessed .

Your thoughts please

Nobody can make you quit smoking except yourself.

You must think outside of the "Box", in order to achieve the mindset of the enlightened.

Note to everybody: Everything in this reality is ONE, it is all concious EVERYTHING IS SINGLE.

I am, therefor I am everything, it is simply your physical perception of narrowed reality that keeps you thinking about objects being seperate, when in truth the entire Physical existence is a singular entity.

The being, the one that exists and is "Being"/"Existing" is a seperate entity of the Physical entity a controller which is, you.

Your body binds you to this Physical plane it is seperate from you, your soul, but, your soul envelopes your body. Wonder why? Maybe your learning a lesson.

Reincarnation? Bad.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Omega Point - Again wonderful job on this track and It's no wonder its attracting so many listeners and questions.

To people trying this for the first time, there is a bunch or research on the subject or bi neural beat technology and you should read some of the links provided in this thread. There can be no harm done in using this technology but there are a couple of things I have learned from using it over the course of 2 years.

***First things first, I'm sure it was mentioned before and I will mention it again, do not drive or operate anything heavy while listening. I know people will be putting this in ipods and this does have the ability to make you drowsy or even induce sleep. This is an excellent tool if used in the right setting and I don't want to see anyone getting hurt. **

Second, this is no form of mind control and nothing bad will come from it. You may experience some new things while meditating, but don't let it scare you. They are natural effects of your brain hemispheres syncing up. Don't expect anything and go with it. Let the experience be and try not to get excited.

Third, Like many have said this is an aid to meditation and shouldn't be used exclusively. This is a tool that helps you get to a state achieved by people who have been meditating on their own and can bring themselves to this state with out the use of audio. It its great for beginners because you can familiarize yourself with the state and make it easier to get there on your own.

My suggestion, take it if you like as I said I have experimented with tracks like this for about 2 years now, if you are a beginner, start slow. Try 10 minutes of the track then take the headphones off and sit for 10 minutes in silence.

If you feel yourself getting drowsy while listening, take the headphones off. If you fall asleep with them on you are training your mind to go unconscious when this state is reached. The goal is to remain conscious while achieving this state. To someone who hasn't meditated before, their brains will switch to an alpha state and they are not used to being conscious in this state so you will begin to fall asleep. Your brain is used to being asleep in these states so that's what it will do.

That is why I say take baby steps. It happened to me after I stopped meditating for a month or two. I came back, tried a bineural track and it put me to sleep almost instantly.

Start with 10 minutes and work your way up. The goal is to be able to reach this state by yourself and stay there. I will use BNB's here and there as it does bring on some cool experiences, but not all the time.

There might be a few side effects as it does do something to your light body. It has induced an OBE for me in the past but I had already experienced a few without BNB"S so I was not fearful. Anything that happens would happen naturally with a few years of meditation. This technology does speed up the process and is a very cool tool to use if you know what you are doing. A lot of you who are beginners will not know what to expect so just take it easy and know that it is all natural.

I would be happy to help Omega Point answer any questions and I will try to help as much as possible. Happy travels and Godbless.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant
Hey great find (;

Was wondering is there was any way to download the music in a Safari browser or iTunes?? My Internet Explorer doesn't work - i use Safari. . .??

OmegaPoint, could you address my earlier post, please.
Any ideas??

[edit on 16/6/09 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I am a n00b here so please forgive me if I hose this up. Using Audacity it is easy to create your own binaural beat tracks. A google search on Audacity and then on Audacity binaural will give you almost everything you need. There is a plugin for Audacity that allows you to make custom binaural beats with a ocean surf foreground track.

I have also found that is it easy to import raw audio files of my choice, from CD and build binaural beats by adding tracks and exporting them to the format of my choice, usually mp3 using LAME. I have been using these to help with insomnia for months now with good results.

audacity.sourceforge.net...
audacity.sourceforge.net...

If enough people are interested I could create a how-to on how to do this, but given the level of tech knowledge of the people here I don't think that will be needed.

Hints from a n00b,

g00ber

[edit on 16-6-2009 by g00ber]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

I'm sorry I'm a 'puter idiot and have no idea, maybe someone else might know what to do..

To all the new and experienced meditators, will be interested to hear about your experiences with this, both during, and outside of, the meditation..

For me, I just have more energy, more self confidence, more awareness, compassion, and well the world just appears more VIVID to me now. Then again, I've been at it for almost six months now meditating just about every day with this technology.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by g00ber

Here're some plugins for Audacity which includes a Binaural Beat Tone generator

www.shellworld.net...

There's also this

Gnaural
gnaural.sourceforge.net...

Also, found this link at the first place referenced (lots of good info on binaural beats and brainwave entrainment technology)

web-us.com...

Here's a how to video on how to generate a binaural beat track using Audacity

www.youtube.com...

When generating your binaural tones, you may want to access this frequency listing

www.lunarsight.com...

However when reading that frequency scale it becomes clear that this was put together on an ad hoc type basis, and so if you wanting to work within a certain brainwave pattern, it would be helpful I think to research it further.

With the Bach one, miss_silver designed it to SLIDE down a scale from Alpha to Theta and then to Delta towards the end, and this is what makes it very effective imo, since you get the whole range, leading you down to the final target Delta wave, where the most powerful effect occurs ie: where the unconscious "no mind" state of dreamless sleep is accessed, plumbing the depths of the unconscious with the conscious meditative state of mind.

None of this however is an exact science, it's all at the frontier of what is known and still unknown..

[edit on 16-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Still getting accustomed to this posting system, have patience please.

Here is my process, I am using an Ubuntu Desktop. After installing Audacity and lame via the synaptic package manager.

Insert a CD of choice, click ignore to the app if wants to open the CD with, it will still have an icon on the desktop. I drag and drop the audio file(s) to a folder of my choice, usually on my desktop. I then open Audacity in the sound and video section of the Applications pull down menu. I simply drag the audio into the Audacity window, this takes a while to load.

From there I add two tracks in Audacity Tracks menu, add track. I assign one to track to the left channel and one to the right channel. (this is done after the track is added by clicking on the area at the top of each audio track)

With one of the added tracks highlighted I use the generate menu to create a tone of the desired length. (you can have multiple tones per track, to step down the beat freq) The key here being the difference between the left and right track, 100Hz on the right track and 110Hz on the left track equals a beat frequency of 10Hz which falls roughly in the middle of the alpha range (relaxed while awake).

For me it seems that a beat frequency that is approximately 1/10 of the host frequency works well. So for a theta frequency of 6Hz an overall frequency of 60Hz works best, but that is most likely a subjective thing. Some lower frequencies sound really dark, and kind of cool if you are into that type of thing.

In any case mellow tunes mellow tunes or nature recordings at a low theta or high delta knock me out, bang, and I wake the next day feeling like a million dollars.

Audacity is free, so it is worth a shot. Works on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Good Luck,

goob

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

thanks a lot for this!

this will go hand in hand with my fasting experiment!

...i'll give it a try tonight!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by g00ber

One thing to caution against, from what I've heard, is not to make the "carrier frequency" too low, meaning the level of the two tones ie: 210-200=10 (in this case the carrier frequency is in the 200 range). In fact, you can create a program which will carry you for years, by starting high, and then lowering it about once every four to six months, and the lower it goes, the more powerful the effect. It must produce a deeper wave form or something at the lower frequency. If you start out too low, you can make yourself sick, and have a pre-mature kundalini awakening, and think you're going crazy - that's what I've heard. For example, the enlightened Yogi master comes up to the young newbie, touches him on the forehead, and the kid needs to spend a YEAR reintegrating from that eperience, to function in the "real world". So keep the carrier frequency fairly high to start, and only lower it down in steps over longgg periods of time. Crazy how anyone can access this technology and mess around with it - you should have to get a liscence or something!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Tried your format last evening. With some interresting experience. After 30 years of mediations it was refreshing. I set it on continious loop for 3x. Using my deep breathing technique, energized my chakras. It made it more easy to go from alpha to deep theta, relaxed but awake. One thing Ive never experienced was the heat. Waves and waves of heat. Not harmful heat, more deeper. I always keep my mediation place cold, and I noticed that I had sweated like in a sauna. Most interresting.
Keep up the good work.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Say I know you said keep your eyes closed while doing it. But if someone were to keep their eyes open while doing this, would it defeat the whole purpose? Or just have less of an effect? Just curious.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by toast317

Less of an effect. But yesterday when doing it, towards the end of the session, my eyes just wanted to open automatically, so I let that be ok.

There is no right or wrong way really to do it, except maybe lying down and just falling asleep, although one poster indicated he uses that as a technique for hitting the hay at night and awakens the next day feeling like a million bucks, so who am I to judge.

Typically, though, opening the eyes will take you out of the deeper brainwave pattern.

And someone else said they felt really groggy and drunkish afterwards. I think that's because he just terminated the meditation once the track came to an end. With this you really need to sit, for at LEAST five to ten minutes afterwards, to offload the stimulous and came back to full consciousness naturally. When you do that, and the post-listening sit comes to an end, typically you'll feel quite refreshed, like you just had an hour or two catnap during the day (the equivalent of as much as four hours of sleep at night).

Also, if done daily, you can make up the hour, by waking up an hour earlier in the morning, since most people find they don't need as much sleep ie: if you normally require 9 hours of sleep each night, 7 might leave you feeling just as well rested.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

Sounds like you were using the Compassion Meditation not the Bach To The Future one.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Wow. So, first and foremost, thanks so much for putting this together and being kind enough to let all of us use it.
Meditation is a beautiful thing, and this makes it even more intense and beautiful, in my opinion.

I listened to it before bed last night... I didn't plan on meditating for long, and actually was curious on how it would affect my dreams.
I've had a dry spell lately in terms of dreams.. but this brought them back, and it was quite the amazing dream as well..

I'll post again once I use this during a full-on meditation session, and let you know the results.

Once again, thanks...

Namaste.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join