It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bach To The Future - New Deep Meditation Tool!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thanks for the reply dc5

I'm not sure about the sleep disorder but could be wrong, I havent
been listening to the meds. for the last 4 or 5 days...been real busy

when I was wakeing up at these times it was like someone or thing
was calling me but I didn't hear anything, just a strong feeling.

The feeling was even stronger standing at my door
I was sure I was going to see something, what I dont know!!!

Then on one of these missed days I again woke up but this time it
was 2:50am partly because of people talking loudly out side. I was watching these people through my blinds and though this wasnt like the other nights, and I'm not sh#ting you now, I
heared a voice say dont worry they will be gone in 10min.

And just after 3 they left and I opened my door and started looking to the sky like the other nights. This time I asked whom ever

is there something for me to see, and just after that to the left of the moon around 9oclock position I saw a light in the sky that started off dull and grew brighter and brighter for about 8 to 10
seconds and then went out.

Not beliveing what I saw I ask whom ever
that if this is meant for me do this again....guess what!!! two more times. No idea what
this was but I know what I saw. And after the thrid time its like I
dont remember much but I just found my self back in my bed!

Now Im not even sure if these meditations have anything to do with this but maybe I need more than just a sleep DR.

Im just accepting what comes and hopefully I'll understand this.

Love&Light

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombanjo
I'm looking forward to hearing your results, defcon5. I'm also a RPSGT/EEG Tech, and I hope I can get the opportunity soon to record myself listening to binaural beats.

Very cool...

I was going to try and do this when I went in for a study myself, but we just did not have enough time to do both. I am going to try and give it a shot this weekend.

reply to post by truthbknown

REM periods are set by your bodies circadian rhythm, and generally happen around 24:00, 03:00, and 05:00 (it varies slightly from person to person). The last REM period can be long, and you can keep bouncing in and out of REM for several hours. Generally if you consistently wake up around these times, it is a sign of something physically rousing you from REM sleep. Its not natural to wake up out of REM without something disrupting it. I am sure that tombanjo can testify to this fact as well. Any type of anxiety is another symptom of the same issue. Rapidly waking from REM, also presents the opportunity to experience Hypnogognia/hypnopompia and/or Sleep paralysis.

Hope that helps...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by truthbknown

That you can laugh at it is a good sign. But if you are a believer and are a person of faith, I would recommend some pre-bed prayer each night, and leave it up to God to take care of. I've had some problems in the past, well before I started meditating with this kind of thing, and no doubt there are powers and principalities "out there" and we cannot discern anything, so if you're dealing with something, something you know is real but do not and cannot understand, try making an appeal to a higher power.

Normally I wouldn't say such a thing in this thread and it's a little off topic, and of course I said roll with whatever happens and let it just be ok without judgement, but just to be on the safe side, you might ask for a little care and protection from the highest of the highest, whoever or whatever THAT might be, but "most high" I think nails it.

And I don't care if this places me under ridicule either.

That is one freaky experience you had there, very strange.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Thank you Dc5...

Thank you Op....

I have time now to start the meditations again and will post any
happenings that may come about.

Dc5 can sleep paralysis happen when you are just sitting on the couch when Im conscious.....I think....at any time of the day

never had this happen when I was either meditating or sleepng.

Omegapoint I read more then just your words there......THANK YOU!

Love&Light

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
On a wholly (holy?) positive note - few have any actual experience such as yours which would give evidence of a power greater than yourself, and for that you should count yourself very fortunate.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
hey you guys!

just wanted to share with you something i created that was inspired by your fine work: www.abovetopsecret.com...

allthough it won't match up to bach to the future, i sure hope it will make some people happy.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm new to this and have never attempted meditation before. I've been using the Bach to Future and another sound file for about 2 weeks now. Now that I'm not falling asleep during either file and I wanted to share my feelings/experience.

The first and most noticeable effect is just after completing both meditations and sitting quietly. I feel great and don't know how else to put it. This "feeling" is what has kept me coming and doing it almost every day. If anyone is not doing the 15mins of quiet, I highly recommend you do.

I'm a smoker(tobacco and marijuana) and I take Unisom to help me sleep. Without the Unisom it feels like I just blink my eyes and boom it's morning. No dream or feeling like I got a good nights sleep. Since beginning meditation I've slept through the night without sleep aides and had dreams I can remember on several occasions.

At the time I started meditating I was smoking about 1/2 pack a day. I'm now only smoking about a pack a week now! The greatest thing is I don't feel like "I need a smoke" and in fact I hadn't even noticed this until I was watching the centerpointe ad. I'm also smoking less of the other stuff too. Please note that I don't smoke either before meditation. In fact I think the morning meditation is taking the place of my morning smoke.

From someone who has smoked for 10yrs and taken sleeping medicine for 7, I'm excited to see what other benefits will come. Anyways, thanks for reading my book!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Staringintoinfinity

Wow, that's great! Yes, it tends to do that, and gives one a general feeling of happiness and satisfaction.

Now that you're used to it, try it at some point along with

Compassion Meditation
www.zshare.net...

The Gamma waves also feel GREAT and it's my understanding they are very integrative.

Then you may begin to notice the absolute VIBRANCY of the world around you..

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well first off you guys are great for posting this for free, I'm sure you'll get something much better back in return.

Now I just wanted to say I've been reading a lot of posts on ATS for the last couple of months but never felt the need to join, now thanks to you I have signed up, just to say how great this was.
I chose to download this purely on a whim just 'cause I liked the sound of 'Bi-Neural Beats'. I listened to it that night at about 2am, I was quite tired and normally am not a very good sleeper so I plugged in my headphones and laid down (I know I was meant to sit up, but I'm a lazy b****rd). after about 10 mins I was drifting in and out of what I can only say is a waking dream, I was conscious of everything and could move all my limbs if I wanted to but purely didn't feel the need to. After the full hour I was quite dissapointed that it had ended but still ridiculously calm and serene, which for quite an angry young man this was amazing. Now the funky part happened in the 1/2 an hour or so after the track ended I suddenly felt the need to validate myself, Like I had to say this. I don't know why it just felt right to say it, and so In my head thought, I AM friggin' awesome! (a kinda 'in' joke between me and my friends about how easy everything in life is for me) Suddenly after I said it my whole body started to like, electrically convulse starting from my head and going all the way to my toes with just pure pleasure almost like an orgasm but not so strong and going all the way through my body this feeling passed through me about 6 or 7 times and then happily I fell asleep.

I tried the meditation again and sat up this time, I lasted longer but still had to go to sleep and experienced that '1/2 dream 1/2 awake' like state which in my oppinion is freakin' trippy. This time though I felt extremely groggy when coming out of it an hour and a 1/2 later. Can't wait to try it again tonight, fingers crossed on astral projection

Just wondering if anyone had this weird experience or if not anything weirder.
Also I am wondering what am I meant to be concentrating on, as a musician I can't help but pick apart the structure of his songs is this ok or not so preferable.

Also any pointers of how to astrally project...?

X

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I wish more people would report their experiences with this (who cares how long the thread becomes).

I'm glad it's working wonders for you, and welcome to the forums.

You won't be groggy if you do it while sitting and then sit for a minimum of 15 minutes afterwards, which is the equivalent of probably a few hours of sleep time.

As for OOBEs or Astral Projection, there's an outline for a method to induce Lucid Dreams top of the last page of this thread. The fully conscious Lucid Dream state is a pre-requisit for an OBE, which is a type of Lucid Dream, except it parallels the real world, and you have the experience of leaving your body. Step one from what I understand, is to learn how to reliably Lucid Dream first. It happened for me this afternoon, except I forgot to stop trying to show off my flying ability to the other dream characters.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I haven't been very good at using this regularly. I guess I just feel weird saying to my boyfriend, "Hey, don't bother me. I'm going into the bedroom to sit and meditate while listening to this song."

I want to be able to say I've had some crazy experience with this, but all I can really say, at the moment, is that this is the only meditative tool that has actually helped me enter a state of relaxation to the point where I don't get frustrated like I normally do that it isn't working.

I konked out one night listening to it while going to sleep (I felt the bed shake (like I have before while not meditating...weird) at one point, but the second I realized it, it went away of course) and it put me in theta "trance" when I was doing it while on a lunch break. It was pretty cool to have various imagery going through my head while I was awake. But they were so brief it was very hard to recall what I had just seen.

But woman with a baby keeps sticking out of my mind and that one was right as I literally jerked "awake" while sitting on the couch only to immediately go back into the meditation as if nothing happened.

After these last couple of times it's definitely made me want to be more consistent. So I will check back again after I've done it regularly a three or four times.

Here's something interesting I read about theta waves:

Source

Your brain cells reset their sodium & potassium ratios when the brain is in Theta state. The sodium & potassium levels are involved in osmosis which is the chemical process that transports chemicals into and out of your brain cells. After an extended period in the Beta state the ratio between potassium and sodium is out of balance. This the main cause of what is known as "mental fatigue". A brief period in Theta (about 5 - 15min) can restore the ratio to normal resulting in mental refreshment.

That's pretty cool. So even doing it for just 10 mins. or so will refresh your brain not only mentally but PHYSICALLY. That's amazing!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
OK - It's just after 8:30 PST and I'm about to take the dive, starting with a half hour of what's called "Super Longevity" by Centerpointe, followed by the hour long Bach To The Future, the half hour Compassion Meditation, then going to sleep, attempting to fall into WILDs (wake induced Lucid Dreams) as I go to sleep listening to the hour long Dive and Immersion by Centerpointe.
And I just downed a shot of the Himalayan Crystal Salt Sole, along with a 14 once Sure Trim Mediteranian Wellness Shake with the Daily Complete vitamin nutrient concentrate + a double dose of Brain Lightning for good measure!
I'll report in tomorrow on how I'm feeling..!

Here's a guy who's committed to undergoing a transformation, eh?

And so as not to be selfish, tomorrow I'll try to really help someone out and brighten their day if at all possible - that's the most important part I think..

[edit on 2-7-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Thank you miss-silver and OmegaPoint for this wonderful contribution to a better world consciousness. OmegaPoint I have kinda followed your 'flowering'
from afar for the last six or seven months. Great stuff.

About the music....The slight misunderstanding that occurred seemed to bring the karma levels down a bit. No one to blame - that stuff just happens as we swirl around as humans trying to find our way. I have said thank-you to bazzeman for his or her new contribution too. It is quite good perhaps if you have a chance you could check it out and let us all know your feedback.

A watcher who sees everything from afar, and rarely interjects

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this with such good info to go with it. this is the type of thing i've been looking for downloading them today and check ém out.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Today I laid down listening to it, at relatively high volume and it knocked me out within the first 15 minutes and I( woke up about an hour and a half later. Hard to believe, falling asleep like that, with the music of Bach blaring away right in my ears!

It's very powerful, moreso than my Holosync by Centerpointe, and it's free!

I'm so glad we decided to make this and how miss_silver did such a wonderful job creating it. It exceeded my expectations by a few orders of magnitude.

And I ENJOY listening to it - it's not boring like the Holosync.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Oh and I also dreamt last night, that the smartest geeks had come to power, and while they all looked a little odd, with their facial hair and glasses, and lacked a little in the way of interpersonal and communications skills, it was comforting to know that the smartest of the smartest had come to power!

And today as I slept while listening, I dreamed I was in a big beautiful city, although I took a bad wiff from a car exhaust (need to quit smoking)

--------

The Way to The Enlightened Mind, to Buddha-mind.

For those interested in developing a "practice" using this tool, but who desire more information and knowledge and wisdom, in terms of following the path or "the way" of Buddhism and in particular Zen Buddhism, I cannot recommend enough the Big Mind / Big Heart process by Genpo Roshi - in particular, the following two DVDs (linked below)
And since this wonderful tool (Bach To The Future) has been made available absolutely free of charge, as a means by which to access the no-mind/Big Mind brainwave pattern of deep meditation, the relatively minor cost involved in acquiring ALL the needed information, (and let's face it, whether in book form or workshop or attending a retreat of some kind, there's always a financial cost involved) to fully access The Path or The Way, is in my mind, a no brainer (quite literally!)

Having just finished reviewing the DVD's, I'm dumbfounded, that the Big Mind/Big Heart process can be facilitated by just watching a DVD series, but it can, and in fact, does a better job of it than actually attending one of his workshops, which I did just a little over a week ago, for which I paid 600 bucks and then there was the hotel, meals etc. so it probably ran me aboutj a grand total (but it was fun!).

1) BIG MIND BIG HEART REVEALED

2) THE PATH OF THE HUMAN BEING

Accessed here
www.bigmind.org...

Again, I cannot recommend these two DVD sets enough, to aquire the whole toolbox for appropriating an effective spiritual practice via Zen Buddhism.

These guys spend YEARS sitting on their asses to pass this knowledge along to us, from the Buddha himself all the way down, and it's nice to see that the tradition and the teaching is still alive and well, and readily available to the Western mind (for about the cost of a dinner for two at a reasonably nice restaurant).

[edit on 7-7-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Thank you so much for the files! I had problems downloading them in Firefox, but after I switched to IE8 it downloaded without any problems.

I look forward to utilizing these!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
anybody had any vivid dreams after this? any positive feedback?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I tried listening to the Bach audio.

It gave me a headache with the constant humming noise that made me very uncomfortable from the start.

I am glad this appears to work for some people but all I can hear is a continued hum that seems to get louder with some bach playing over it.

I tried some others in case it was just this audio that would cause this but any brainwave audio seems to simply give me a headache straight away that gets worse until the point I feel like my heads about to explode and I have to turn it off, I am also feeling sick with it as well, wish I had never listened to any of this tbh.

I prefer meditating in peace and quiet anyways. I do not have a problem with vivid dreams either and have them regularly as always. I am a bit puzzled why nobody else is getting the same effects though?

Not a pleasant experience for me im afraid, this might sound strange but I actually feel like I have lost some of my IQ as well after listening to the whole audio.

I dont know if it would be better to listen to this while suspended upside down in a cupboard.

This aint a joke either. Im quite annoyed that you posted this actually as it has ruined my day for now anyways.....

Should come with a warning that the audio might make you feel unwell.

I wouldnt mind an explanation of some sort?

[edit on 7-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I'll offer an explanation.

The binaural beat tone, the background "hum", causes your whole brain to resonate at the alpha frequency, then slowly progresses to theta and finally delta, the brainwave patterns of sleep or very deep meditation, of the level ordinarily achieved only by master meditators who've been practicing for 20+ years.

Some people, as outlined earlier in this thread, can have a negative reaction to it, first, because they are not used to moving into waking alpha, theta and delta, and second, because the whole brain is resonating at these frequencies, it causes the left and right hemispheres to synchronize and communicate, and for people who are powerfully left brain oriented, this could be uncomfortable, even threatening to them, and finally, because the whole brain is resonating, otherwise repressed, unconscious material is accessed and surfaced, which results, at a threshold beyond the discomfort, in a dramatic increase in conscious awareness but which can produce in some people an "overwhelm" and temporarily magnify certain predispositions, whether to anger, loss, fear, whatever is has been repressed or disowned.

And finally there is the issue of resistence.

My guess is you approached this with a high degree of scepticism, and that you have a very left brained logical rational mindset, and are highly invested in pre-established conceptualizations about yourself, others, and the way the world really works.

It's not for everyone. If you don't like it, don't use it, but for those who get this kind of reaction, if you continue with it, in a less resistent manner, you would find the benefits to be extraordinary, although you might end up becoming less rigid in your outlook.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join