Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Hats Off to the Youth of Iran

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hi all,

I must say, with whats going on in Iran at the moment, I have felt very moved by some of the photos online showing hundreds of thousands marching in the streets protesting for a common cause.

Its a damn shame to see such wicked police brutality with youngsters being beaten savagely on the streets for just speaking the truth!

I think this is a change happening here for the better. Iran has not seen anything like it since their 1970's revolution.

I really hope it does not end in massive bloodshed, but ends in a change in leadership that will set their younger generations free.

These people are marching for a belief, a passion, a fire that has grown bigger for years on end. Its great to see the passion boiling over and them out marching for freedom. I take my hat off to them sincerely.

G.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Its a remarkable show of people power, what makes it even more impressive is that public displays like this are a rare thing in Iran. The scale of this is enourmous. Wouldn't it be great if we could get our countrymen to rise like this.

The scenes Im watching on Channel 4 news UK are amazing

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I saw this too. It was good to see.

What really bothered me was the US coverage of the protests. The reporters were making comments about the disproportionate response from the police force and how they were "just beating anyone who came across them" (I heard one reporter say) as if in horror and disbelief.

While it's great that they are recognizing the injustice, I found it so incredibly hypocritical.

When US citizens protest and are met with disproportionate response from the police force and are being attacked by police just for crossing their paths, they report in a way that makes the protesters the bad guys. Those anarchists. Those unpatriotic fools. They deserve what they get for having the audacity to speak up and dare to upset the status quo.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Has anyone stopped to ask why Iran is allowing the protest to be aired?

I would have thought that a country like Iran would have clamped down on media coverage from the word go.

Just curious

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Has anyone stopped to ask why Iran is allowing the protest to be aired?

I would have thought that a country like Iran would have clamped down on media coverage from the word go.

Just curious

Maybe this country isn't what we've been spoon-fed to believe it is, just maybe

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
I think this is a change happening here for the better. Iran has not seen anything like it since their 1970's revolution.

While I admire your starting a thread about this news and encouraging others to look into the truth (ie; the bigger picture), may I respectfully comment on the general ignorance behind reports such as these;

Theres a general misconception that such movements and 'generations'--as- you-put-it have only JUST emerged. Quite the contrary, such masses have been in existance far longer than you and others are presuming, and so often presume. This isnt something that has just happened now, this is the way things have almost always been for more or less decades long. Hard to believe?

The fact that you rarely get exposed to news like this is a testament to the deliberate withholding of such facts on part the mainstream media outlets. In other words, this type of report could have received more focus long long ago, but now youre getting a little bit of the drip-drip from the info-faucet, hopefully you can catch on rather quickly to what the bigger picture behind such news actually represents and means.

Notice around the time the war in Iraq begun about 5 or so years ago, do you recall the media's stance? Do you ever recall them even once showing you whats really going on behind closed doors at that crucial time? - I think not.

I can assure you that the middle east has always had its fair share of pro-america or people who just couldnt care less either way. But the MSM have always just GOT to convince you that everyone is only thinking of 'attacking' America, and people have been spoonfed that 9/11 excuse for too long. The official story behind that ONE event doesnt even add up.

Best regards,

new topics

top topics

join