It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Riots:one person shot and killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

But an Associated Press photographer saw one person shot and killed and several others who appeared to be seriously wounded in the square. The gunfire came from a compound for volunteer militia linked to Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard.
The chanting crowd — many wearing the trademark green color of Mousavi's campaign — was more than five miles (nine kilometers) long, and based on previous demonstrations in the square and surrounding streets, its size was estimated to be in the hundreds of thousands.
Yahoo News

Now mind you I am not saying only on person was killed.

I am saying the news source only refers to one man shot and killed and also refers to several people seriously wounded, we don't know if shot/beaten or what.

Hundreds of thousands of opponents of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad defied an Interior Ministry ban Monday and streamed into central Tehran to cheer their pro-reform leader in his first public appearance since elections that he alleges were marred by fraud.

Yahoo News

For right this second, this is my only source for this.

Of course, I will be looking for more or eagle eyed Ats'ers will find more and hopefully post them here.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad: No guarantee on rival's safety

CNN

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad declined Sunday to guarantee the safety of his defeated rival Mir Hossein Moussavi in response to a question from CNN Chief International Correspondent Christiane Amanpour.

President Ahmadinejad said he could not guarantee the safety of his rival, Mir Hossein Moussavi, pictured.
more photos »

"There is rule of law in this country and all the people are equal before the law," Ahmadinejad said when Amanpour asked if he would guarantee Moussavi's safety. She also asked why opposition leaders had been arrested

Cnn

So do we read for that that there "may" be an accident with the political rival?????

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I was watching GMA a little while ago and a reporter from Iran said he was traveling to the riots, and that 3 women who were blocks away from the riots, just standing there with their arms folded, not doing anything, were all 3 sprayed in the eyes with pepper spray by a military person.

All hell really is breaking loose there, I am in awe of those people who are risking their lives for their beliefs. Now if we could just get some Americans with the same compassion.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
*******************************UNCONFIRMED*******************************

Dear Iranian People, Mousavi has not left you alone, he has been put under house arrest by Ministry of Intelligence #IranElection

Twitter

Yes, I know Twitter is not a valid source.

From what the news has said, most news not coming into or out of Iran now.

I have no other sources, yet

Yes, be skeptical for now,

BUT

Keep your mind open!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

TEHRAN — In silence they moved, a vast throng, hundreds of thousands of people, down the street called Revolution. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad had called his opponents mere “dust.” Well, said one student, “We will blind him with our dust.”

This was the day followers of Mir Hussein Moussavi, the reformist candidate defeated in Iran’s disputed presidential elections, rose up en masse to protest the theft of their votes. “Quiet! Quiet!” they shouted, arms raised and fingers forming a “V” for victory that they pointed at a lonely police helicopter overhead.

Moussavi himself, not seen since the night of the election, appeared on Revolution Square, answering a question much debated here in recent days: Will he lead what he started?
NY Times

Could it be that the Iranian people are actually going to lift themselves up and off the dictatorship that the ruling religious leaders (mullas,sp) and rule themselves?????

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

9:58 AM ET -- Pro-reform marchers "fill the streets."
9:27 AM ET -- Understanding Khamenei's voter fraud shift.
9:12 AM ET -- The computer is the enemy.
9:02 AM ET -- Iranian election results by province: [link to www.fivethirtyeight.com]
8:30 AM ET -- Using Twitter to help Iranians.
8:23 AM ET -- Live fire authorized?
8:14 AM ET -- The Mousavi rally is on.
8:10 AM ET -- BBC Persia phones jammed.
7:24 AM ET -- At least four reporters arrested.
7:17 AM ET -- Mousavi to appear at rally?
6:50 AM ET -- Ahmadinejad cancels Russia trip.
6:47 AM ET -- More on the rallies.
6:42 AM ET -- "Worse unrest in Tehran in a decade."
6:25 AM ET -- Supreme Leader Khamenei orders vote rigging probe.

Huffinton Post

More details and pictures at the link.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

RESS TV; GOVERNMENT MEDIA IN IRAN AND PRO-AHMADINEJAD IS SAYING THAT. THEY MADE A COMPLETE BLACKOUT OF THE PROTESTS... UNTIL NOW.

PressTV.ir

This is the Iranian state run news.

PLEASE NOTE:I have tried several times and it appears Presstv.ir is offline at this moment
10:40 Am Standard Pacific Time.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Pictures that are escaping out of Iran.
Picfog

The numbers of protesters seems large than we have been told.

From the pic's it seems the violence is much greater than being told also.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has just called for an official inquiry into accusations of election irregularities.
Boston.com

Lots more pictures there, you know, the ones the Iranian leaders DON"T want you to see.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Oh - my - god. Thank you for loading those current pictures, I am at work and can't see tv right now.

The size of that crowd of protesters is mindboggling.

The young generation there is ready to end all the archaic crap they have lived under for so long and I am so proud of themThey risk their lives there for that.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Iran gets a lot of bad press for ...well.... being Iran. Let's just hope that this whole thing goes the way the people want with minimum loss of life. But I can't see Ahmaj....Ahmaja..... Their President (lol) letting this one slide. Or the Ayotollah (think thats how it goes) because we ALL know who pulls the strings over there.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Having had listened to women from Iran speak in chat rooms over the last few weeks and hearing of the abuse and atrocities perpetuated on the Iranian peoples, my heart is breaking,

They so desperately wanted Ahmadinejad out.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC
Iran gets a lot of bad press for ...well.... being Iran. Let's just hope that this whole thing goes the way the people want with minimum loss of life. But I can't see Ahmaj....Ahmaja..... Their President (lol) letting this one slide. Or the Ayotollah (think thats how it goes) because we ALL know who pulls the strings over there.

You are right as far as strings being pulled, but because of this rally, I know millions of people's eyes will be opened. I don't want to get too windy, but, after 911, because the perpetrators were all young men, we saw all their photos, many people had begun to assume that if you are a young man of middle eastern heritage, there was good chance you were a ruthless terrorist. Man does this paint a different picture.

So even if the opposition is not successful in overturning Amajamejamad or old whatshisname, the rest of the world hears them now.

I didn't know, I just didn't know.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Stormdancer, a lot is being gained even in comparison to losing this election. I have been just almost shocked over this whole deal, I thought everyone over liked whatshisname.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I've been following this quite closely, it's been very interesting. As others say, it's very hard to tell what is true and what isn't but these pictures alleged to be from a Tehran university are quite terrible.

entesabat88.persianblog.ir...

A person I've been following is Andrew Sullivan, he has been a great aggregator of news and rumors be warned, some of the pictures he has are quite gruesome:

andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com...

It's been interesting to see the Internet side to this. Sullivan claims his site is under attack by Iranian authorities, TehranBureau.com was knocking off-line by DDOS, and it's going both ways. PressTv.ir was taken down for a while along with the official sites of Ahmedinijad and Khomeini.

I've been watching the twitter feeds as people swap DDOS tools, and proxy addresses to disable sites and bypass filters, it seems to be not just protests, but much digital warfare, with people all around the world taking part.

top topics

join