It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Gets 40 Months for Beating Man in Wheelchair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Cop Gets 40 Months for Beating Man in Wheelchair

www.infowars.com

In a rare instance of justice, a Chicago cop received a sentence of more than three years in prison for mercilessly beating a man shackled to a wheelchair. The officer-thug was caught on a surveillance video plummeting the man.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This is a great example of how things should turn out in the end when the police choice to break the law instead of serve and protect the public. It still takes a video of the incident to get justice from the abuse that many are having to talerate from our own local police. Although I hope to read comments from ATS members sharing their spin on the subject I personally feel that the scale will tilt back in their direction as more and more police are attacking, beating and then deleting video taped evidence as the oppertunity is there for them to do so. "Turn that video off" "How do I know there isn't a gun in that camera?" "Do you know how many criminals have contracts our on us, you can't tape this" "If you don't turn that off I'll arrest you for obstruction" and so on....

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
And in this ONE instance WHERE THERE WAS A VIDEO, justice has prevailed.

Now as far as the other million or so instances.......

[edit on 15/6/09 by MajesticJax]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

"exactly"

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
how could a human being beat up someone in a wheelchair????

very saddenign, i'm glad he got 40months though
I hope he goes through hell.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It takes a very disconnect individual to attack somebody in a wheelchair, it's incredible!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I suspect it's this kind of thing that makes them try to introduce laws that make it illegal to film cops. I know it's not all cops, but it seems quite a few overstep the mark, and the more the public finds out about, the less respect they have for them.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jimminycricket

Exactly, great point made... Thanks for sharing

new topics

top topics

join