It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO's War Plans For The High North

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

NATO's War Plans For The High North

globalresearch.ca

Since the beginning of the year the United States and NATO have repeatedly indicated in both word and deed their intention to lay claim to and extend their military presence in what they refer to as the High North: The Arctic Circle and the waters connecting with it, the Barents and the Norwegian Seas, as well as the Baltic......

......This coordinated initiative has been covered in a previous article in this series [2] and plans by the West to encroach on Arctic territory and confront Russia in the western region of the ocean have been addressed in another. [3]

Over the past month effor
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
In my mind, its official, We, The West have become the aggressor..

Its pretty obvious that there will be numerous confrontations over resources in the not so distant future.. But are we helping things in any way by creating an arms race and running military exercises that are obviously intended for training in a resource war against Russia.

Ten NATO and non-NATO nations will participate in the live flying exercise LAW 09 in Sweden from 8 to 18 June 2009. Some 50 fast jets, which will be based at Norrbotten Wing, Sweden will participate in the exercise. The aim of the exercise is to train units and selected parts of the NATO Response Force Joint Force Air Component Headquarters in the coordination and conduct of air operations. Additionally, NATO Airborne Warning and Control (AWACS) aircraft, as well as other transport aircraft and helicopters, will support the exercise. Some of the participating units will be flying in from bases in Norway and Finland.

"The exercise is based upon a fictitious scenario. Within this scenario, elements of the NATO Response Force (NRF)...will be deployed to a theatre of operations. The NRF was created to provide the Alliance with an effective tool to face the new security threats of the 21st century. It is a rapidly deployable, multinational and joint force with modern equipment able to carry out the full range of Alliance missions whenever and wherever needed, as tasked by the North Atlantic Council.

"About 800-900 troops from Germany, Finland, the United Kingdom, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Turkey and the United States as well as NATO’s airborne early warning component will participate.

The current exercise is not the most threatening of moves, 800 - 2000 soldiers from a half dozen or so countries is not exactly a massive military exercise, but it is another aggressive move that could easily be avoided by sitting down with Russia and dividing the area fairly while tightening bonds with a reemerging superpower economy that is becoming more westernized by the day.

And then we are consistently told how everyone else is the aggressor and how the West fights for "Freedom" .. Im sick of it... TBH, i wouldn't mind as much if we were told it was all over money... Some chance of that.

globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Is this something new? The west has been attacking Russia sine the end of the Czars, sending forces to fight the first Bolsheviks, letting Hitler have a good go at them as a lesser evil, penning them in during the Cold War, now doing everything in their power to dismember the former USSR and take hold of the states like Georgia and Ukraine in joke style rainbow revolutions. at least Russia has held them from the gates of moscow so far, more than can be said for sad old Saddam when the imperialist west saw his resources and the rest of the Middle East got gobbled up too.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Let's not forget who that land belongs to in the first place.

Canada. We've made claim to that land long before anybody else did. Only when they found valuable resources did other countries rush up there to take it.

The US will end up burning all of their well built bridges with Russia and Canada if they continue this little sharade.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

To be honest, that land, if it should be legally allowed to be claimed.. should be split between Canada, Russia and Iceland.

Does anyone else really have claim?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

How about an Inuit Republic with Inuktitut as the official language?

But I don't expect the PTB would have a clue where I'm coming from.

As it's in the realm of natural justice.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Not a bad point..

Somehow I think it will be the big guns that get the oil.. and anyone else will be walked all over.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

How about an Inuit Republic with Inuktitut as the official language? But I don't expect the PTB would have a clue where I'm coming from. As it's in the realm of natural justice.

it needed to be said

this land is my land BS has got to stop - nothing but pain and misery for everyone until it does

top topics

join