It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beast’s real mark devalued to ‘616′ & Tomorrow's date numerology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Beast’s real mark devalued to ‘616′

www.religionnewsblog.com...

A fragment from the oldest surviving copy of the New Testament, dating to the Third century, gives the more mundane 616 as the mark of the Antichrist.

Ellen Aitken, a professor of early Christian history at McGill University, said the discovery appears to spell the end of 666 as the devil’s prime number.

“This is a very nice piece to find,” Dr. Aitken said. “Scholars have argued for a long time over this, and it now seems that 616 was the original number of the beast.”

The tiny fragment of 1,500-year-old papyrus is written in Greek, the original language of the New Testament, and contains a key passage from the Book of Revelation.

So let's say there is some truth to this number... 616.

And the reason why it might be true, or why the number could have significance... well, take a look at this picture and tell me if you can see the 616?

6+1+6 = 13

Anyway...

I just wanted to point out that tomorrow is 6-16-2009 (standard numerology breakdown of this date is 6)

6+1+6 = 13

2+0+0+9= 11

1+3+1+1= 24... 2+4 = 6

I just wanted to throw this stupid theory out there... Just in case.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
are you saying that the last supper is proof that 616 is the number of the beast?

forgetting the fact that there were 12 apostles? would it have been better if michaelangelo had just painted all 12 apostles on one side of the painting?

secondly, the best info i've been able to find all postulate theories.

lastly, i don't get what your addition.... thingy... is trying to prove, so if you could explain:

why did you put

1+3+1+1= 24... 2+4 = 6

1+3+1+1 doesn't equal 24. it equals 6. where did you even get 24? 13+11 equals 24, but im still not seeing the conclusion you're trying to make with all this pointless addition.

i'm not bashing your post, what you've said is just confusing to me, because i don't understand the point your addition is trying to make.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Are you saying that Jesus Christ, is the anti christ? I mean thats pretty much the same as saying he does not exist or did not exist, is it not?

What does a leonardo da vinci painting have to do with the bible. Anyone can paint the last supper.

I am a bit confused by what you are trying to say here or maybe I am not.

Id appreciate more explanation if I have gotten the wrong end of the stick here.

Cheers

[edit on 15-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman692

It's cool,

I know it's a terrible post...

What I was trying to say was for people who have somewhat of a understanding in numerology, and the meaning of numbers...

The painting was just an example...

Jesus + 12 apostles = "13"

"6" on one side.... and "6" on the other. One in the middle. (616)... Won't the Beast try to be like Christ?

But my point was we all know that "13" is viewed as a number of the Occult.

and Biblically speaking, most people realize that "6" is the number of Man and "7" is the number of God.

and my math had a typo in it...

6-16-2009 =

6+1+6+2+9 = 24... 2+4 = 6 (That is basic numerology)

All I'm saying is, that 616 is the real mark of the beast, and tomorrow is 6-16-2009
(ignore the rest)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
For a few months now I believe the same. Based on what I've learned from

The previous reference to the "last supper" was a nice eyeopener

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Whoa, 616 2009 eh? thats my birthday. Does that mean I could be the antichrist? or that im going to have one HELL of a hangover the next day?

In all seriousness though the source was a religious web site, not to mention that it really doesn't go into detail on exactly how they are SURE that this is what their find means. For an old text that was only recently been able to read due to the latest imaging tech, they may have not gotten the whole story from it and only taken a small portion of text that they could actually read and put their own twist on it.

Anything is possible though I suppose.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

the beast won't try to be like christ, the anti-christ will though. some people try to say that the anti-christ and the beast are one, which could be true to some extent, depending on how you look at it.

i think the anti-christ is just a man, a man that will wield great power and claim to be christ. the bible says he will recieve a mortal head wound, and die, but be "resurrected" or "healed". i think that then he will cease being the anti-christ, and begin being satan incarnate.

of course i could be all wrong. only one way to find out though, eh?

edit: i starred you for responding in kindness, hehe.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by sandman692]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think the date and numbers are relavent! Many dates throughout history and the numbers 11, 13 are "hidden" in plain sight!

This is a great website in regards to these numbers, I haven't looked at popular logos and dates the same way again:

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
[edit on 15-6-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman692

you mean leonardo? michaelangelo painted the sisteen chapel.
and june 16th has come and gone alot since the bible was written.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Myendica]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

While the oldest surviving manuscript attributes 616 as the beast's number, that has been doubted for a while. Iraeneus [I think], an early Christian writer, wrote of 616 and he says it's an error. The way that he says it, it almost seems like when he first heard of it, it was an obvious error based on what documents that would've been available to him. Here is his quote:

Such, then, being the state of the case, and this number being found in all the most approved and ancient copies [of the Apocalypse], and those men who saw John face to face bearing their testimony [to it]; while reason also leads us to conclude that the number of the name of the beast, [if reckoned] according to the Greek mode of calculation by the [value of] the letters contained in it, will amount to six hundred and sixty and six; that is, the number of tens shall be equal to that of the hundreds, and the number of hundreds equal to that of the units (for that number which [expresses] the digit six being adhered to throughout, indicates the recapitulations of that apostasy, taken in its full extent, which occurred at the beginning, during the intermediate periods, and which shall take place at the end), - I do not know how it is that some have erred following the ordinary mode of speech, and have vitiated the middle number in the name, deducting the amount of fifty from it, so that instead of six decads they will have it that there is but one. [I am inclined to think that this occurred through the fault of the copyists, as is wont to happen, since numbers also are expressed by letters; so that the Greek letter which expresses the number sixty was easily expanded into the letter Iota of the Greeks.] - Adv. haer. 5.30

Essentially, what Iraeneus is getting at is that the copyist forgot to put the second letter in the second part of the triad--instead of chi-iota, it was only iota. This changed the value, due to the gematria system to 10 instead of sixty.

Another reason that 666 is probably the valid number is that the Bible tends to use stuff over. One can find all the symbols used in Revelation in the Old Testament. It's interesting that 666 is used several times throughout the OT but 616 isn't. One of the verses that it's used in even is being used in regards to a king who is adorned and exhalted, much like the Antichrist will be.

[edit on 6/15/2009 by octotom]

[edit on 6/15/2009 by octotom]

top topics

join