It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experience with MP3 players requested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hi all,

I'm about to buy an mp3 player.

I'm considering a Creative Muvo with the 4-gig drive in it. The idea of using it as a 4 gig personal storage device appeals to me hugely, as I can copy audio and files to it. It can replace my pen-drive, which is looking very battered.

Does anyone here have an mp3 player? If so which one, and what do you think of it.

I'm open to any suggestion, as I know practically nothing about mp3 players (other than winamp on my pc)

Thanks in advance for any help offered!
-
Zzub

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I just use my virgin pulse, mp3 player, I love it, 2 AA batteries for hours upon hours of music, plus the cool little flash cards!

it's super easy to use, btw I'd kill for a 4gig mp3 player lol

just plug in the usb cable, start pulse manager, move songs around.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
While its not like most mp3 players I'm quite fond of my Mini Disk player. It plays a whole host of formats (mp3, wma, atrac and others). When ripping with the LP4 format I can fit about 6 or 7 cds on a single mini disk. Uses a single AA battery and gets about 50+ hours out of it. My main gripe with most mp3 players is that eventually the storage media can crap out, and for the ones that dont let you remove it, your kinda up the creek without a paddle. Anything removable is a good thing because you can upgrade or switch cards, even if the card holds a buttload.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thanks, Lysergic.

Can you tell me if that one can be used to store files too?

When you plug it in, does it just appear as a drive in explorer, or do you use proprietry software to upload the music?

Good point, alternateheaven, removable media is a must.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Zzub]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I lied, my only takes 1 AA battery hehe!

I know you can put .wma files on here too, I accidently put a small movie on it.

I start pule manager, then I hit the play button on my mp3 player (mine is smaller than most) then insert cable, it says USB connected, then on screen it tells me it's reading virgin flash file.

Yeah you can get cards for this one too, they are so tiny!

plus it's a sexy silvery-grey with red accents.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I absolutely love my 40GB iPod.

Sounds good, never had a major problem and it has surived two falls on concrete.

And the iTunes software is really easy to use. You can organize your music to a fine degree.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I have got myself a BUSlink 3-in-1 256MB MP3 + DVR + USB Flash Drive, and I love it don�t have lots of memory but can do lots off stuff

Can get about 60 mp3�s on it, depends on songs and up to 15 hours of playtime, Real-time voice recording in .WAV format.

- No software needed for Windows 2000, XP and Mac 9.0 or higher.
- USB Lock function has password security option for drive access
- 1 AAA alkaline up to 15 hours

MP3-BD256 256MB Built-In Flash Memory / Digital Voice Recorder / MP3 Player 3-in-1 USB Storage Device

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the info, guys. It's appreciated. I think I'm going to spend this week reading a few reviews. Then I'll make my decision.

That buslink one does look attractive, I may go for one of them, I like the small size of it.

Thanks again,
Zzub

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Hmmmm.

A high quality e-penis thread.

I want to do some reverse engineering. So far I have mastered downloading mp3s and converting them to good quality WAV files and recording onto CD.

But I want to convert the CDs to vinyl for the better sound quality, and ultimately place each track on a wax 78 so that it can be heard as never before on my gramophone along with some real stuff.

Anyone have any tips?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Here are some mp3 players for Info...

Creative MuVo Slim 256MB

A stylish super slim digital audio player with USB 2.0, built-in FM radio and voice recorder.
Price: $199.99

NOMAD Muvo� X-Trainer 1GB

1GB of 100% skip-free flash memory for hours and hours of music and protective sport case make this the ultimate workout companion.
Price: $399.99

NOMAD Jukebox Zen Xtra 60GB

Navigate 60GB of music easily with the large, hi-res blue backlit LCD.
Price: $399.99

BUSlink 3-in-1 256MB MP3

BUSLINK 3-IN-1 256MB MP3 PLAYER / USB FLASH DRIVE / DIGITAL VOICE RECORDER
Price: $109.99

BUSlink 3-in-1 128MB MP3

BUSLINK 3-IN-1 128MB MP3 PLAYER / USB FLASH DRIVE / DIGITAL VOICE RECORDER
Price: $91

Apple iPod 3rd Gen. 40 GB

FireWire (IEEE 1394) - Hard drive - Mac, PC - Avg. Playback 8 H - Formats: MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF - LCD display
Price: $459.99

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by vaswegpg]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
But I want to convert the CDs to vinyl for the better sound quality, and ultimately place each track on a wax 78 so that it can be heard as never before on my gramophone along with some real stuff.
Anyone have any tips?

Hey, MA. I've got an old SCSI wax-78 burner. If you wanna pay the shipping, it's yours. You'll need a SCSI card and your own wax-78 blanks. The thing still works if you're interested?

Hey, now you can calculate the length of your e-penis!

www.wastednetwork.com...enis/quiz.htm

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Are you serious about a SCSI wax-78 burner? LOL.

What did you put down on it - classical, jazz, blues?

I bow before your e-penis. But I ain't touching it.

top topics

join