It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake might get $135,000 floating toilet paid by the government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Lake might get floating toilet

www.thestate.com

Boaters on one of South Carolina’s public lakes may get a water closet right on the water.

Officials in Pickens County are looking at building a $135,000 floating bathroom on Lake Keowee, The Greenville News reported Sunday. County Administrator Chappell Hurst said the project will preserve the shoreline and protect water quality, citing complaints about diapers, toilet paper and other items found around the lake.

Hurst said county officials will know in about two months if they will get a grant from the U.S. Clean Water Act to cover most of the costs. Other funds will come from a
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15/6/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Apparently, it's against the law in my great state to pee in the lake water.

Lake Murray boaters, like boaters in all South Carolina lakes, are banned from discharging waste into the water directly.

Our solution apparently is to use federal money, increase taxes and increase utility costs to combat this growing menace.

I love my neighbors and never knew I was surrounded by so many criminals. How many times have you swam through "warm water"?

www.thestate.com

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
How many times have you swam through "warm water"?

Question is how much of that warm water did I actually drink when I was a kid?

Peace

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Our solution apparently is to use federal money, increase taxes and increase utility costs to combat this growing menace.

www.thestate.com

But who will check the fishes and animal ? How can we be sure that the cats and dogs won't pee in the water ?

Are the lake so clean in South Carolina that they don't have anything more pressing to check.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This story is humorous but it is also disturbing that we're spending money FROM A FEDERAL GRANT to do this (and really the reason I posted it). I know it's just $135,000 (lol, "just" from a federal gov perspective) but how many more things like this are there out there? Seriously, a $135,000 floating toilet????

Edit to add: I just changed the name of the thread to bring this out a little more, it was originally in the Breaking News forum and I had to title it exactly like the newspaper did. This is a better title, don't you think?

[edit on 15/6/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

top topics

join