It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Headline Reads: Russia May Send Troops to Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It seems that Russia may be sending troops to Iraq after all according to Kofi Annan, and that France may be stepping up to the plate as well.
This is an interesting development coming as the Oil for Food Program investigation ramps up.

Here's something to ponder; Will the Oil for Food corruption investigation just fade away if these 2 opponents to the Iraq war kick in support for the Iraq effort?

I'm inclined to say yes... They are after all the largest benefactors to the Saddam Hussien oil for food kickback scheme, the proof in in files controlled by the US/Iraq and this proof will probably disapear when France & Russia send troops or material support.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Link:
www.mosnews.com...

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by bios]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm from the UK and I read one newspaper,either The Times or The Telegraph,everyday.

I can tell you the the UN oil for food corruption that you speak of doesn't make the TV news and I've only read a couple of small articles deep inside the newspapers.

And that's in the UK.I bet it doesn't even show on the radar in France and Russia.In the UK I expect that 99% of people wouldn't know what you are talking about if you mentioned it.

So,I very much doubt this has anything to do with it.

This is a US media issue.

The US Government has had to do a U-turn and ask for UN help after slagging them off continuously for a year.
Alot of this is just smoke to hide the U-turn.

This is about the 10th story on this I've read here.(this one has a twist)

Every time I say that there are also investigations going on into corruption by the US occupation authority and they've only been there one year.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
this is a dangerous to call all dogs around the world,when all bark together none can stop that action that how i think if the russian think they didnt get enuff in the afghanistan before ermsss just joint it why not rights
then let see whose more toughfer

join