It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genius 11 Year old, Graduates with a Degree in Astrophysics!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Video for 11 Year Old!

This kid, is absolutely amazing, I notice he has the near exact same smile as Michio Kaku!

I think this kid should get mass exposure! Bigger then Britney Spears, Michael Jackson!

This is the person kids should aspire to be like, 3 year champion in martial arts!

The kid doesn't stop!

This is the dream, if every kid could do this, the world would be amazingly brilliant!

Take down Lil Wayne, and Janet Jackson, Paris Hilton, Arnold Schwarznegger.

It should be this kid, I can't even say his name correctly, but hell he understand Astrophysics in a calculus based way! So I'll call him, greatest genius possibly our time will see!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Huh, I was the only one who thought this was the least bit interesting....

Surprising....

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Give us some time mano.

The kid seemed akward, like he felt as if the hosts were berrating him. Either that or he seemed arrogant, but I would be too...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I agree ... our society celebrates mediocrity and 15 minutes of fame with all the reality shows on.
These kids should be role models and poster children - they should be celebrated.

The problem is that kids would complain to parents that they feel unfairly pressured by unfair comparisons to the genius kid, and he would probably be sued for causing a poor self-image amongst under-performing students.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Well, personal I felt the host to be quite rude. I really don't like those guys, I think fox would do good by letting them go, they get really creepy and touchy feeling with the girls that are brought on, and you can see how awkward every girl feels!

Then at the end they stopped listening to the kid, quit paying attention and just continously interupted him. The kid is also 11 and just graduated with a degree in astrophysics, I think he has far achieved the right to have a moment of glory!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Interesting, that kid sure has motivation. With him studying Big Bang and worm holes maybe he can help make some progress in the understanding and applications of such events. What college did he graduate from? What degree, a Masters or PhD?

[edit on 6/15/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is pretty amazing. Just the other day, I read of that young man from India who performed his first surgery when he was 8.

What a lovely sign of better and bigger things to come for humanity.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

You know Foxnews as well as I, well the morning show leaves out tons of details you'd like to know.

I doubt it was a real big college though, he was talking of hopefully going to a 4 Year University, so I don't know if it's associate or anything like a 2 year degree.

Seem like a lot of genius kids popping up lately.

The 2 Year old girl with an IQ of 200, which is debatable since relatively she's only 2 and the work was faulty at best.

The 16 year old who cracked the 300 year old unsolvable math puzzle, Iraqi.

This kid, and their were a few others.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Yea but what I want to know is what really have all these 'prodigies' done so great other than being smart? I have not seen one apply his or her knowledge on something truly Earth shattering like ZPE, FTL, unified physics, etc, etc... Have they all been 'snatched up' by the government and private companies with no interest in the better good or do they lack the drive to do these things. There are different kinds of geniuses, some might be good at remembering and solving equations but not worth crap in applications or conceptualization.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

The thing about genius' is when your the brightest person in a room, your chances of asking anyone for help is slim to none. ALthough the second smartest in the room will accomplish more because he's utilizin tools, other peoples minds!

It's a natural phenomena, but I think Tesla was of the same. Mostly it is drive, this kid seems like he has drive, like a lamborghini!

Society usually will ridicule these kids out of their genius, people will mock you and make fun of you consistently if your smart, if your pretty and dumb, (Carrie Prejean) you'll be front page of every newspaper.

It's society, the mass doesn't want smart people, they want things they can understand. It's all about school, why homeschoolers tend to be smarter, this kid was pulled out of public school and homeschooled!

Social Influences, and Social Conformity, hell of a thing

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The kid has drive now, but lets give him a few years and puberty and see if he still has the same ambitions,lol. Things change, priorities change, what is a priority today might not be a priority tomorrow if you catch my meaning. I agree that the singular view of these geniuses is a very bad drawback, because without communication and help NO ONE is smart enough to change anything major in the world. Also I think that a lot of these kids are so exposed SO QUICK to everything academic they literally 'burn out' later on in their 20s or so. Also a lot of geniuses are like I said, musical, mathematical, and so on. You really don't see any of the self conceptualizing geniuses that can apply things to real world application, that may be a by product of increased brain processes, I do not know. It seems that really, the real progress in the world is made by individuals between the 100-140 range (average to superior intelligence).

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I have an I.Q of 157, neat I know, the tester was excited.

My drawback, which makes me think that realistically my I.Q is like 120, is that I lack drive, sometimes I have it sometimes I don't.

I think the bigger a persons drive is, that it stumps their I.Q no matter what it is!

He's in astrophysics though, and it's ever changing and should keep up with him.

I'd look for the mediocre to genius level type of people to make the big breakthroughs, not the abnormally high genius', just the mediocre to genius, their the ones that worked for their genius, and hold it to a high regard.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I agree with your opinion that a mediocre to borderline genius will make the large breakthroughs. Well I hope all the best for the kid, we will likely hear nothing of him again though,lol. Nice job on the IQ, I have never had mine tested,lol other than online tests. Although I am always in the top percentiles in standardized tests and going to school for Cosmology so hopefully I am somewhere up there,lol.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I had to go through psychological test for a undisclosed reason, and when I was tested 3 times we roughed it out to about that. Which really helped me out

I.Q though, it's very relative, and most the time it judges how good of a test taker you are!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Glad everything worked out for you friend!

I enjoy your insights on this board, what do you do for a living or are you in school? I only ask because I am curious as to what you are doing with your high IQ.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

This is the dream, if every kid could do this, the world would be amazingly brilliant!

And yet the world would still be full of rapists, murderers, and child molesters.

We really don't even want kids to be smart. We want them to be average. If we wanted smart kids, we'd change the school system to something less abominable than what it is now.

The problem is that kids would complain to parents that they feel unfairly pressured by unfair comparisons to the genius kid, and he would probably be sued for causing a poor self-image amongst under-performing students.

There is more to life than being the smartest, most beautiful, fastest ect. And when that's factored in, we fail big time. Students already feel overwhelming pressure to succeed in school, perhaps you should read up on that. And no, he probably wouldn't be sued, that is asinine to say.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Haha, do you really want to know?

I work at a subway, I'm going to college full time, hopefully get a high enough gpa to were I get a good University scholarship. I got into an immense amount of trouble for being naughty about 2 years ago, and am almost recovered financially from that...

I lost my good job, for relations with a coworker, should've studied about work place rules, but altogether i'm fine, and competent.

I'm only 20 years old, but i've lived in three different countries, speak 2 different languages, can read biblical greek (old testament only!) A little of Arabic language. Spanish and English totally. Self taught, school system sucked.

Right now in my free time I religiously study anything that interest me, and always am chatting on U2U trying to find out more and more about everything.

I have drive, but somedays I could just go for a coors and a blonde.

I've finally found a nice balance though, the thing is though, you get burned out without coors and a blonde, it's tough taking yourself to seriously.

If you want to know the dirty details, and extra details i'll be glad to tell in a U2U, don't think you'd judge me.

What about you Jkrog? How's your genius going for you! I'm just assuming you are from your posts!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Think of this, the USA school system teaches science the exact same level as a third world country, Pissed? I am!

It's frustrating, average leads to boredom which leads to dangerous things, and stupid fights, and stupid people. The more average people you have the more people strive to be average.

We'd have less rapist, less everything, but it'd still be there, though maybe just maybe, 1 out of every 3 girls would not be molested at a young age, or 1 out of 5 boys wouldn't be molested at a young age.

That's my hope, if people were occupied with something more mind occupying, they'd not have time to think of these thoughts and horrific things on children!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

There was a recent poll taken of college students.

Some 80 percent felt that they deserved a B for just showing up to class.

I highly doubt their overworked, just big whiners.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I was more referring to High School, where competition to be the best can be pretty absurd. Why must you take one person, and say that everyone should be like him? It's stupid. If you like him, you follow him. If you have kids, you can make them follow his example too. But don't tell others they have to be smart like this kid, not everyone has the same goals.

Even take people that win national spelling bees. They're considered to be amazing and every parent would want their kid to do that. But seriously, learn to google and use a dictionary. Being a good speller is hardly going to change the world for the better, yet you'd hear every "good" teacher and parent out there encouraging their kids to excel in such a field. Do you know why adults don't care about winning spelling bees of their own? Because they aren't morons, yet they'd encourage their kids to engage in this stupid activity.

I'd be curious to see that poll, even a local community college wouldn't have a percent that high.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by ghaleon12]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join