It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ghostly sounds sometimes just famailiar sounds?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hi all,

Just curious about what you think of this. I have lived in my present house for 3 years now, before that i was in a flat for 4 years.

Whilst i was living in these places, i had (and still do) have my daughters half the week. So for 3 or 4 days they are at mine, then 3 or 4 at thier mums.

When they are not here however, every now and again i hear the distinct sound of kids feet running or walking with a shuffling sound in the hallway.

At my last house, a few times i ran out into the hallway to see who was there, knowing full well that the kids were at their mums. This happened again just now (14:35pm).

Now as far as i know, in my current house, there have been only one owner previously who had kids, before that it has been all elderly owners since the house was built.

I do believe in ghosts and spirits, but i also wonder if this could just be familiar sounds of my girls running around the hallway. If so, do you think this is something that occurs in the brain, or possibly a case of where the buildings contains traces of what happens inside it.

I know this sounds a bit bizzare lol and just for the record i don't drink at home and i don't do drugs of any sort. Boring i know but it eliminates any doubts.

Next time it happens, i'll take a picture of the hallway, you never know, it might show something.

Thanks for any opinions.

CX.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
i always hear my mom yelling to me when she really isnt because im so used to her calling me. Of course the brain could fill in certain sounds at certain times... and even more so if your wacked out of your head. might be a good explanation for the thread by that guy claiming he heard his dead cat... far more likely

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I live in a home that has been owned by my family for 35 years. I have always heard footsteps from upstairs when I was in the basement. (I lived in the basement as a teenager). It was never a surprise since we had a dog and a cat and there were other people living there.

Time passed and my family passed away, I got divorced and my kids grew and moved out, now I live there alone. I still hear the walking upstairs. There is no mistaking the sound of footsteps walking across the living room. It isn't really scary or anything, just odd. I have always wondered if it is my relatives ghosts or just the house somehow.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The house I grew up in frequently had unusual noises. It was detached and had no immediate neighbors. Over the years we heard heavy footsteps going up the stairs along the landing and stopping. I heard the front door slam shut and chimes on the back of the door jingle. I'd locked the door hours earlier and found it still locked. Beneath my bedroom was a room where male voices were regularly heard in conversation. These voices could be heard any time of the day. Family and friends have heard them at some point. My room would occasionally get very cold and wake me up at night, on some of those occasions I heard the sound of something 'swishing' up and down along my bedroom wall. Over the years a lot of odd things happened...two of which mean I never stay the night if visiting my folks...big wussy!

Believe it or not, I can't accept that there is any such thing as ghosts. It doesn't make any sense to me. I can think of some plausible explanations for some of those things, but the ones I've mentioned remain a mystery

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I've experienced some freaky stuff, and I am pretty sure I have no mental illness nor any drugs or any of that lol. I've heard people walking around before but when you go to look there's usually no body there. Usually it's good to have a cat with you at those times, because I've noticed that when my cat was with me (I no longer have her) when I'd hear noises like the sound of someone walking or something, she'd look in that area and chase whatever it was. But I could see nothing, no fly, no bug, no feather or hair or dust that she was chasing. She wasn't running after it, it was like..She was sort of stalking it, btu rather openly and would watch it with her eyes alot. Carying a cat with you when you hear those footeps might help. And if you don't have a cat perhaps a dog? Dogs I don't think aren't as aware as cats...But they might help lol.

Other things that are experienced like this, is usually hearing stuff. Like someone calling your name. Or people giggling or laughing. Sometimes even random noises. I hear music alot, strange and mysterious music. But sometimes it's a pleasent tune. But when I try to follow it I can't find it, it's weird.

I've heard people giggling before, women/girls and foot steps aswell. I still think the cat thing is a good idea though if you want to know if something is really there or not. The camera probably wont capture anything. It might, just might capture a small glimpse of something, like perhaps a shadow? I haven't tried using a camera yet. But it's a good idea =)

Another thing is, the brain is strong enough to dailute your head and make you think you're heading noises when you are not. Also when you're tired it could be a possiblity you just heard those noises due to you being tired and stressed out.

Another thing is, if you do think it is a ghost/s or spirit/s then you should perhaps check into the past family's more? See if any loved ones may have died? For all you know, the elderly couples may have had children who visited occasionally, you know, grandchildren and stuff liek that. =)

Good luck! Let me know if the picture thing worked or not.

join