It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger. RIP Dude

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Roger. I've known him since a teen. Seems like forever, but not long enough.
I remember when we met. He was a bastaad with a bad attitude. He cared about little. I didn't really like him at first. He drank too much, and was quick to cause trouble. He was one of those people that you either loved or hated. He was not very likable, and he wanted it that way.That being said, he became one of my best friends. He was a loyal friend. His love of firearms was paramount. Yes he loved weapons, and was an amazing marksman. He was into fishing BIG TIME. I never knew what a gimble belt was before I met him. I caught my first shark with him at my side. We did alot side by side. While he was a butthead, I never had to worry about my back when he was there. A brother who I held dear. He wore the Ranger patch proudly.
He succumbed to that damn Cancer last night.
Dammit Roger. Tell my Dad I said hello. I'm not seeing you soon, but when I do....... I am so gonna kick your butt.
Dude. You were there for me, every darn time.
I love you man.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by lombozo]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Sorry to hear about this man---i know you're hurtin like hell.
Just let it all out when you need to and remember you've got great memories of Roger. You'll never forget him.
He'll be watchin over ya right now---waitin for his butt kickin one day !!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My condolences lombozo it sounds like he was a top guy to those who really knew him.

If you dont mind the lads will raise a glass to him tonight along with our missing friends, like regular.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiscoDave

If you dont mind the lads will raise a glass to him tonight along with our missing friends, like regular.

I would be honored for that Sir. So would Dutch (That was Rogers nickname.)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
I would be honored for that Sir. So would Dutch (That was Rogers nickname.)

Then the honours shared, for Dutch.

Johnie Walker Black Label for supper, best go rouse the rabble!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
To DUTCH!

Anyone worthy of Lombozo's friendship MUST be a great person!

Thankfully the journey does not end with this flesh. But it continues onto other places.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Lombozo, I'm really sad to hear of your friend's passing, and I know that you're hurt and confused. He's as close to you as he ever was, and will still be watching your back, so remember that you can still talk to him and the answers will turn up in the most unlikely places.

Much love

Cait x

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
My heart sunk reading this thread.
I feel for ya brother,I have lost a few myself.
Til we meet again is my attitude...its things like this is why we should live everyday to the fullest and never take friends for granted.They are a priveledge to have.
My respects.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
My deepest condolences lombozo, there are no words I can type that are going to make you feel any better. I could roll out the old lines about time being a great healer, but I always find that a bit empty, as true as it may be.

You were lucky to have had eachother as good friends. Such things are hard to find, and to be cherrished.

Rest In Peace,Roger.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Yep. He was a good man, very misunderstood, but a good man.
We were both 19 when we met. He said next to nothing to most people. He opened up to me. We fished. We did our job. And we fought like boxers. I am going to be over the top strange right now.
There are times where a good fight feels good. Yes, to be on the receiving end of a good punch. Sounds crazy I know. But it can be cool. Makes you feel alive. And to deliver one as well. Then have a beer with your opponent, wiping the blood from your nose and mouth, and laughing at the same time with a friend.
Dutch was that man. Tough as nails, and probably the most honorable soldier ever born to this earth.
Yep. We kicked each others butts fairly regularly, and often times over something so stupid as a chess game, or who caught the best woman at the bar.
By the way Mrs. L - He wanted to meet you.

top topics

join