It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tear gas and Twitter: Iranians take their protests online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Tear gas and Twitter: Iranians take their protests online

www.cnn.com

Iranian protesters have found a new outlet to mobilize and take action. The presidential election has proved how much opposition supporters can demand change without necessarily taking to the streets. Just give them a computer and an Internet connection and watch what they can do.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 6/15/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
What better way to stave off actual protesting than to cater to lazy Americans and let them protest from the comfort of their own home? I know this Iran, but it may just be a testing ground for this "Twitter".

If this craze can stave off fighting and bombing in Iran, then can it not make lazy American protesting completely harmless?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 6/15/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Runtest

Uh.. what? Did you turn a story about Iranian people describing violent protesting in Iran to the rest of the world into an American bashing? I don't get it.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Runtest

huh?

also,

what?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Runtest

Not that you had noticed, but some of those "lazy" Iranian "American's" where in the street's of California ALL WEEKEND protesting. They where doing so and calling for help from the government here and in Iran to get their votes counted, make their voice's heard etc.
There is nothing lazy about what is going on. It can turn into a very big problem for the Iranian Government and the people there. Derailing the problems they are having by bringing a post like this isn't helping them at all.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I just see it as CIA. I knew this was going to happen before it happend, why? CIA. So exactly why should I care that all these people are protesting when the CIA paid and planned for this to happen? Move on nothing to see here, ill be happy when CIACNN stops talking about it.

new topics

top topics

join