It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piracy:Did someone blink?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Is this the way ahead for all the big companies now?

BBC dot.life

Anti piracy.

For the past few weeks, the war of words between the creative industries and the internet service providers has become ever more bruising, as Lord Carter's Digital Britain report nears completion.

But today, there's a sudden outbreak of peace between two of the parties - Universal Music and Virgin Media. The ISP has unveiled a deal where its customers will get unlimited access to download as much music as they want from the Universal catalogue, free of copyright protection, for a monthly fee.

BBC dot life.

Anti piracy.
With more and more people using torrent sites is this now the way forward for companies to lessen this and other forms of piracy?

[edit on 15/6/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This will not stop piracy one bit.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I hope they come up with a good way for this to happen. I miss the old napster days. I was introduced to bands and musicians that I would have never listened to and now am a fan. The only ones who get hurt by this are the distribution companies, they should find a way to make a little money and let this happen. I don't mind paying a little for it, but a buck a song makes me just listen to the radio instead.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by allsop

Yes it would continue,a lot of people are still going to want to have something from the off.
But with older stuff,well it makes sense to get it ligit from the original source.
Why get your arse nailed from getting from else where when you can from them.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

They all have to do something similar now as they know they wont ever stop it.
Best thing is to do the same kind of thing.

I'm still a man of the wireless.

new topics

top topics

join