It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What party should I be in?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Please tell me, as a non-voting citizen who hasn't been able to bring myself to voting for any parties due to the many issues those parties support that I particularly disagree with, I would like to know what party you think I best fit into. If you don't think there's a party for me, but you think there should be a party like this, I'd like to know that too. Thanks.

Here's what I'm looking for.

I want a government who puts the people first and foremost.

I want a government that takes care of the sick and the poor when they can't afford it, but does it in a way that's meant to bring them to good health and doesn't make it hard for them to get out of the programs and back into society.

I want a pro-life government. That goes for humans and animals.

I want a government who respects our constitution and who will not infringe on our rights.
I think we need our guns to protect us from a tyrannist government, exactly the reason our forefathers left them to us. I think we need to retain them for our children and their children. Whether it happens one month from now or in two hundred years, we have to retain the capacity to defend ourselves from tyrrany.

I want wars only when they are absolutely necessary and as a last resort. I want our enemies to be treated fairly and as humanely as possible. I want the bare minimum of collateral damage.

I want government to stay out of the classrooms. I don't think our government should be dictating what our children should or shouldn't be learning. I want creation taught in Religion classes where it belongs, not in Science classes like many are trying to push for. This is a win-win for atheists and theists alike. The government should not be dictating what our children learn.

Instead of wasting our money on socialized education, the government can issue vouchers instead so parents can choose which school their child should attend.

I want our children taught the bare essentials of living, such as balancing a checkbook and keeping them out of poverty, knowing their rights as a U.S. Citizen and how to work within the boundaries of the political system to resolve issues and make their voices heard, learning logic and how to see and think critically to prevent propoganda from entering their young brains. In this day and age, that's really important to not be easily manipulated by media and our government.

I want a government that keeps in check oppressing corporations who act only out of greed and do not act in the best interests of their customers, uses anti-competitive tactics, and milks citizens for every penny they're worth.

I want a real investigation into 9/11 done by independent, unbiased, and experienced professionals with the powers of subpoena who have strong track records for their respect for finding out the truth, and following the evidence wherever it may lead. I want them to have open communication with members of the public who have worked on their own projects, and with a degree of transparency and have their findings open for peer review for a sufficient amount of time until the matter is resolved. Whatever your views on 9/11 in this country, you have to agree with the fact that these unanswered questions cause a major mental health issue in our society and have to be dealt with fairly and expediently.

I have no problem if the party wants to take a hands-off stance to issues that divide us. Take abortion for example. Half the country is against it and half the country supports it. Animals, most of the country eats them. I would join this party if they decided to take a "we-won't-vote" stance on these divisive issues. I would join the party if I don't have to get blood on my hands by supporting things I can't agree with. We can simply say, we wish to stand as a people for the betterment of the people, we want to avoid having to choose issues that divide us and make us hate each other, therefore we take a hands-off approach to these divisive issues.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
You stopped me on the first line my friend ..... you want a government that puts the people first and foremost ??

Looks like were going to have to create a new party.

Dont vote the party...... vote the person I say !

[edit on 15-6-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

LoL. That first line was a bit of a show-stopper.

Yes, I would like to have a party I could believe in, even if we had to start one, but I don't know if there's enough people out there who would agree with me!

Vote the person? Well, so many times the people are tied to the issues of their party. Even if I vote for a person whose vision I like, I know I will be supporting all their party issues because they stick together.

In any event, I feel unrepresented at all, as I'm sure a lot of people do in this country.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
You stopped me on the first line my friend ..... you want a government that puts the people first and foremost ??

hahaha ... that's a pipe dream.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Haha. I know. Just tell me what party you think I'm the closest match with. I'd really like to know because I always feel like a ping pong ball getting hammered by both sides. Or if you happen to agree with my views that would be cool to know too.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Looks like were going to have to create a new party.

Dont vote the party...... vote the person I say !

listen to this guy, you should not let which ever party blind you to who you want to vote for, as both parties are pretty much the same.

Or do what i and many others do, do not vote.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by theyreadmymind

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Haha. I know. Just tell me what party you think I'm the closest match with. I'd really like to know because I always feel like a ping pong ball getting hammered by both sides. Or if you happen to agree with my views that would be cool to know too.

I wouldn't choose either of the two main parties - they are both full of crap and corruption.

Maybe the Libertarian Party?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
You do not need to select a party. Just vote your conscience. Do research on all of the candidates and then compare THEM to your list. DO NOT ever vote for someone you cannot find answers on their views (Barack Obama is an excellent example).

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I say make your own party, buddy.

Right now both sides are a whole loadda crappa.

But if you make your own party, some things are bound to happen. For example, pressure from the people (as such), to change things, etc. to do things a certain way. Also, you might run into issues like economic crises, which wasn't caused (not directly anyway) by the immediate government, but by self-serving corporations. You might run into budget deficits, which prevents viable healthcare plans.

Why all these troubles?

Because.

Yup. I say, let's all go hunt for a new species to be part of.

(Misanthrope speaking.)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
You do not need to select a party. Just vote your conscience. Do research on all of the candidates and then compare THEM to your list. DO NOT ever vote for someone you cannot find answers on their views (Barack Obama is an excellent example).

Eh... so you're saying Barack Obama is bad?

Would you have voted Senator McCain?

Ron Paul?

Or maybe abstain?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You know, what happened to the good ol' days of the Reagans?

Of Kennedys?

Coolidge, Lord of Economics: Low Taxes; Booming Economy?

Or good ol' trustworthy Jimmy Carter?

I'm quite young (no age revelations here) but I know this isn't a good time in history.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Move to sweden and vote for the pirate party! At least you will be voting for freedom of information.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG

Would you have voted Senator McCain?

Ron Paul?

Or maybe abstain?

Hey dude what's up? Haven't seen ya on in ages ... come on Yahoo Messenger k?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Vote your conscience. Start with local and state elections and work your way up.

For the top spots, realize that you will not agree 100% with any person. Ask yourself, can I live with this person's worst ideas, and from there decide whether to vote or not.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Considering America is a Democratic Country, both parties should be Democratic, then vote for the person of either party accordingly.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
When I first registered to vote way back in the 80's, I couldn't make this decision either. My mother was a staunch Republican and dad a Democrat. We never talked politics at home, and they went in like good citizens every election and voted down party lines, cancelling each other's votes. They were satisfied, but I had a difficult time getting myself to actually jump on one "team" or the other -- since this tends to be what it is (our team is better than your team crap). I ended up registering as an Independent because this way I felt duty-bound to actually look at the issues and vote for the best person for the job during that election.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You are welcome to join my party.

I'm independant. No, I do not belong to a party called "Independent". I vote for people I want using "party blindness". Generally, it always boils down to voting for the lesser of two evils.

I put my priorities in order and vote for the PERSON (not for the party) who best fits my priorities.

P.S. Always make EVERY vote an "educated vote". Study the issues and the candidates. Local elections generally have more effect on your life, so, those are important too. I leave issues "BLANK" that I did not study and don't feel I am thoroughly informed enough to answer. You CAN leave blanks and just vote on the people and issues you studied.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG

Uh, yes... yes, that is what I'm saying. Nobody knew anything about him except for what he said about himself. He had no record at all. He wrote no papers in law school (that we were allowed to read). He was a constitutional law professor but none of his peers ever knew where he stood on anything. They commented how he never would join debates and how he seemed to have no opinion on anything. There are more examples of course.

I did not vote for him because of this reason. I do not vote for someone that the only information on them is their own explanations. I like to draw my own conclusions based on their record.

So now that he is POTUS he finally has a record to look at. How's his record looking so far? He's well on his way to ruining the USA.

[edit on 15/6/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

top topics

join