It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Eco-terrorists' threaten power company boss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

'Eco-terrorists' threaten power company boss

www.abc.net.au

Victoria Police are investigating a threat against the head of a Victorian power company.

Extremist group the Earth Liberation Front has sent a menacing letter to Graeme York, the head of the Hazelwood Power Station in the Latrobe Valley.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
And so it begins. (Well actually it began ages ago but I am seeking a dramaic opening)

It was only a matter of ime given the passion people feel for he environment plus the endless propaganda on global warming to spark off extremist groups. It's almost like they wanted it to happen.

A good cause maybe, but I really don't want to see people bombing and killing people over this. There is just too much bad information out there.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Terrorism is never the answer. Even though I support their cause, what they do only backfires and makes environmentalists look insane.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I support the cause and action is needed to transform this world, not just from environmental groups but everyone its our childrens future at stake here, this power monopoly has to change if we are to survive on this earth.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
I support the cause and action is needed to transform this world, not just from environmental groups but everyone its our childrens future at stake here, this power monopoly has to change if we are to survive on this earth.

Yup, but the reason I oppose eco-terrorism is because environmentalism and pacifism are totally linked.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

and what exactly is going to happen if we do nothing? that is going to threaten man kind... lol

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Yup, but the reason I oppose eco-terrorism is because environmentalism and pacifism are totally linked.

I totally agree with you they both go hand in hand,

I was sitting on my deck at the weekend listening and watching the birds as they flew into my ponds to cool down and then rest on my plants in order to dry off, I thought to myself if everyone can experience this then the world would change very quickly.

How anyone would want to damage our earth and inturn cause harm to the animal kingdom, just for a short lived title and a few bits of paper is just totally beyond me?

Unfortunately though TPTB of this earth don't give two hoots about pacifism or the animal kingdom.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Captain Planet would be proud, I'm sure.

These "eco-terrorists" don't really seem to have a good grasp on how the world works. Do they intend to hold a gun to the head of every man at the top of the pile? And once they pull the trigger, they will have to pull it a lot, because it isn't some lone company they need to address, but the culture and ethic of the entire system.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
These "eco-terrorists" don't really seem to have a good grasp on how the world works. Do they intend to hold a gun to the head of every man at the top of the pile? And once they pull the trigger, they will have to pull it a lot, because it isn't some lone company they need to address, but the culture and ethic of the entire system.

This is really the crux of the problem, will eco terroism actually help environmental consciousness or will it alienate people and relegate solid action to the lunatic fringe?

new topics

top topics

join