It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The thing behind the kudzu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Those in the south know of what I am writing about. Kudzu is a plant imported from Asia in the early 1900's as a form of erosion control and animal feed. It has taken over fields and mountain sides all across the south. It has become apparent to me that there is something behind the plant, a creeping entity which has no form. This thing creeps along the ground poisoning and choking all those who live near. Think "The Colour Out of Space" how the thing sucked the life out of the farm and the family. The plant creeps and chokes out all life that it comes across. The kudzu creeps along with this horrible thing controling it... I fear what would happen if it was let grow wild into urban areas, the loss we would see. I must leave the south.

This maybe an anxity paranoia

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
well the weather patterns in the south are very friendly toward the kudzu. Perhaps the reason why its so successful is because it simply thrives in that kind of climate, but that should go without saying.

It does have an ominous feel to it, considering it consumes all sorts of plants and animals (superficially covering it seems) but forms of control are being used.

Paranoia is healthy in doses, but I wouldn't worry about it getting into urban areas since it has nothing to thrive on in the city. Soil?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
It is not the Kudzu itself that that is the problem it is what it represents. I do realize the climate makes it a very good place for it to live, that is why it doesnt go else where. it could move into urban areas if left alone. And it is the "thing" the unknown horror that is its mind and soul. I can feel it wrapping its unseen vines around my mind, it is a psyc vampire of sorts.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It is extremely resistant to and in fact benefits from exposure to radiation.

It was spread along roads during the cold war as a preemptory measure against the possability of a nuclear WWIII.

It can be used as human food, as well as animal feed.

Kudzu is like a gorilla that wants to be your friend!

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I recommend you tell this to other people and have them express their thoughts on the matter. Perhaps you're letting your anxiety run unchecked.

Don't take this the wrong way, but we are talking about a species of plant here. Maybe its invasive nature bothers you to a degree were you think its mentally affecting you.

other thoughts anyone?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Wouldn't Kudzu be an awesome name for a gorilla?

But yeah, there is a War of the Worlds-type weirdness to the plant.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
If it weirds you out eat it! I ate a "Kudzu Casserole" yesterday and it was delicious! It has a taste somewhere between peas and asparagus. Being from the South you should be able to find someone whom cooks it. Eat it out of existence! Seriously it is much more healthy than eating corn and has a very high protein level similar to soy but, again much more healthy.

[edit on 15/6/09 by toochaos4u]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
We seriously need to exploit this plant.

Talk about feed the hungry.
Why isn't it being given to the Africans who according to the news always have millions of starving people.

This thing is free is infinitely renewable and is seemingly immortal.

Maybe that is the problem. There is no profit in it for anyone, except those who eat it.

new topics

top topics

join