It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oxford graduate dies after sister injects her with the family firm's 'anti-age' drug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Oxford graduate dies after sister injects her with the family firm's 'anti-age' drug

www.dailymail.co.uk

Both she and her sister, Dr Yvonne Pambakian, worked for Amro Biotech, a pharmaceutical company set up by their mother, pathologist Dr Apri Matossian-Rogers.
It had spent more than £3million developing the drug, known as B71, when Mrs Cox, who had been mistakenly diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome, agreed to trial it in the belief that it might also combat that.
Mrs Cox, a keen rower, collapsed after receiving the drug at the family's home in Hampstead, North London.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.fastbrowsersearch.com

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
"'They wouldn't say what was in it' "

THis was an inquest from the two year old incident.

The risk was double when reputation and finance are on the line.

one more quote from the story:
"A terminal cancer patient had also been given the drug, the inquest heard. Catherine Clayton, who had been given eight weeks to live, survived for a year but died after being prevented from taking the drug following Mrs Cox's death. "

So maybe there was some reason to feel confident, but obviously, it resulted in death and banning the cancer study

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I am really shocked that one death stoped the study.

There are plenty of injection drugs on the market right now that have a risk of "immediate death" as example when you go and get an MRI and it has to be done with contrast(I think it's the iodine one, I am not sure what the nuclear one does, I don't remember) you have to sign a certain paper that explains that this drug has caused immediate death in certain individuals (with a certain condition or allergy) and this could possibly happen to you and all the legal jumbo to go with it.

So I am surprised they are not more focused at trying to find out why this one woman died.

Maybe it's different because of the category the drug falls under or there are other suspicious aspect to this drug I don't know.

new topics

join