It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trooper exposed as liar in attack on ambulance

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Trooper exposed as liar in attack on ambulance

www.prisonplanet.com

A recently released police dash camera video reveals the truth about a May 24 “altercation” between Oklahoma Highway Patrolman Daniel Martin and EMT worker Maurice White on May 24.
"YouTube received well over a million views and was the second most-watched video on May 30."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
If I were the paramedic that was attacked by that overly aggressive cop he would have found himself hitting the ground real hard with a citizen arrest follow up. They're arrogants makes it pretty clear that I would have probably been shoot in the process and reported that I was a right wing luney weather I am or not. As a law abiding citizen I have all the respect in the world for authority but when these guys feel compelled to exceed their authority in an abusive way I have no patience for their criminal mindset or actions. They really have no place in any police department as they would better off in with the prison crowd. Both of these cops should be terminated and prosicuted for asault.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm not surprised one bit by this. Well I'm kinda surprised that the dash cam video 'exists' and was released. Trooper screwed up big time on this one.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

Better make sure you do it perfectly, and within the legal guidelines, or you will get slapped with a kidnapping, assault on a peace officer, and other various charges.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb

If I were the paramedic that was attacked by that overly aggressive cop he would have found himself hitting the ground real hard with a citizen arrest follow up. They're arrogants makes it pretty clear that I would have probably been shoot in the process and reported that I was a right wing luney weather I am or not.

Haha, that is very true. If a citizen stands up to a police officer (regardless of whether or not that officer is acting within the law), that citizen has essentially forfeited their freedoms and likely their life. A truly corrupt officer wouldn't hesitate to put you 6 feet under, and they'd probably plant a weapon and some crack-coc aine on you for good measure.

From the article:

“After careful consideration off all fact and circumstance, it does not appear it would be appropriate to file charges against (Maurice) White or any other person involved. Although, I do not condone their actions, I do not believe that filing charges at this time would serve the best interests of the public or interests of justice. It has been my experience that emergency service providers generally work well together, and it was disappointing to see a situation where that clearly did not happen,” district attorney Max Cook told KTUL 8.

emphasis mine.

Ahem. BULL#!

That officer needs to be fired immediately, and charged with endangering the life of the woman in the ambulance, interfering with an emergency vehicle and disruption of justice. That DA should probably lose his job just for trying to sweep it under the rug.

Edit to fix quote.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by drwizardphd]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Point very well made especially about the DA sweeping this under the rug. Why is it that they always seem to protect their own instead of protecting the rights of those whom they are supose to protect?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

No doubt you are probablly correct. One thing for sure is that I would get cited for some nonsense until the release of the dashcam but by that time I would either be dead or Ba Ba would have had his way with me in the pocky

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
i'm staying in Oklahoma right now and man i found out the hard way just how aggressive the cops are here. but this seems to be the motif as of late with law enforcement in general. notice they aren't calling really themselves cops or police anymore, they want to be known as LAW ENFORCEMENT. i find it to be a subtle way they describe what they are about. not serving the public, or protecting the public...no...they are here to ENFORCE LAWS on the public.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
So they and the system is basically allowing a raging mad lunatic with anger issues to stay empolyed at taxpayers expense... The prosicution and judge needs to be fired n replaced too...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whycantweknow

Great point made regarding "Law Enforcement" I have a few things to call them but I wont lol

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I did read a comment somewhere, on another site but I forget where, that the trooper's father or father-in-law is a judge. It also said that this particular trooper has a bit of a history of "over enthusiasm".

Having a judge in the family may well explain the lack of action against him, which then of course opens up a whole other line of enquirey about preferential treatment and cover ups of wrongdoing.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

You are very correct about the family relations to a judge in the same county, his wife was also in the patrol car while he was on duty "Hmm" and after the event on the side of the road while at the hospital he made apologies for his temper as he had just returned from Iraq! Did I hear DHS calling...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Don't forget that his wife was along in the cruiser for a joy ride. I am sure most cities would fire you just for that.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8190999b77e4.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 6-15-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
If just one officer is to be made an example of it needs to be this one.

There are so many things wrong with this it is absolutely unbelievable. It's clear this man is unfit to wear a badge.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
thats just crazy if you ask me. the cops never lie .ask any judge ,they'll tell
ya.judge even said to me one time, " now sir do you really expect me to believe this officer would lie." i answered ,"well no your hummer i guess i
don't" the world was never as fuzzy again. as it was before that day.
just kidding about the hummer part.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb

Point very well made especially about the DA sweeping this under the rug. Why is it that they always seem to protect their own instead of protecting the rights of those whom they are supose to protect?

Going after their own is a horrible strategy for their careers.

In order for a DA to have a successful career, he or she needs to be in good standing with the local police and government. You can't expect to be granted favors and help if you go after one of their own, and thus, in the interest of the DA's career, he/she tends to usually favor the cops/govt.

Is it selfish? Absolutely
Is it wrong? Absolutely

However, I understand why they do it. They've got no morals or principles, and their sole goal is to make money and to benefit themselves and their own. It's typical in the "me first" society we live in.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
You cant arrest a cop. You cant put your hands on a cop. I dare you to try it becomes assault and you do 20 years. Even if the cops in the wrong. The only thing he could do was record it and press charges, which no DA will press. So the only option you get is to sue.

Also once you got the cop to a station they would let him go and arrest you for kidnapping. This is not a free country I dont know where youve been lately.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Lets just hope that the city officials see it the same way. Great post...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

"Hummer" ROFLMAO

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Double Eights

No Doubt Double Eights, you are so right in your post. I am so glad to see that we agree and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join