It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Date: 1 May 2004
Policy Area: General Affairs and External Relations
Content Type: Press Releases

Today is a Day of Welcomes.

The day when we welcome ten new members into our European Union.

We welcome them with pride. We welcome them with hope.

We invite all the peoples of Europe to celebrate with us.

And we pause to reflect on what we, in the European Union, have created.

We must never forget that:

From war we have created peace.

From hatred we have created respect.

From division we have created union.

From dictatorship and oppression we have created vibrant and sturdy democracies.

From poverty we have created prosperity.

These precious achievements were not easily won. Europe suffered terribly from the evils of tyranny and war. For some, these afflictions persisted into the last quarter of the Twentieth Century.

But destruction, division and pain inspired the search for a better way. That better way led to the creation of the European Union - the framework for the peace and prosperity we enjoy today.

Our European Union is truly unique. It cannot be compared to anything that preceded it. Because never, ever, before has such an experiment been tried.

All our nation states are strong democracies. We have come together freely. We act in cooperation and solidarity. We work together for common ends through structures that are found no-where else.

Today's enlargement is the best testimony to the success that is the European Union.

We now pledge to build on all that we have achieved together.

We will construct closer partnerships, deeper union, enhanced democracy, greater equality and even greater prosperity and well-being.

This is the legacy we leave our children. And our children's children. This is a good and noble legacy.

Today, on the first of May 2004, we, the democratic representatives of the people of Europe celebrate Europeans - Working Together for continued peace, for even greater harmony and for increased prosperity for all our people.

Dublin, 1 May 2004

I'm too lazy to copy the list of the 25 countries, but I'll post a map :

Notice that Romania, Bulgaria and Turky will enter (maybe) only in 2007 in the EU.

The 10 countrie entered May 1, 2001 are :
(From north to south) :

Estonia, Letonia, Lituania, Poland, Czech republic, Slovakia, Hungaria, Slovenia, Malta, and the independant half of Cyprus (Another half of Cyprus is occupied by Turky).

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well Nans, it seams like the NWO is slowly taking over europe, soon the likes of me and you will have to have id cards with retina scans before we can move over boarders ect..

Looks like im going to prison for refusing to have one.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I just hope there is some kind of underground or groups of people who refuse to join the system, otherwise im going to be on my own.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Im sure it will start in the states after the election. Blaire, "Look brother bush it works great over here."

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I just hope the public have the brains to figure out Identity Cards with Retina and fingerprints on them will not change anything, it will not stop so called terrorists..

Nothing Ever changes, corruption still prevails.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Wait a minute, they are begining of talking about russia in EU.

This day, NWO will be really implanted in Europe.

Do you think they want to make an Est/West war, instead of the programmed by Bush posse North/South conflicts ?

This remember a quote from a french writer wich say :

War ? It's people who dont know each other and kill themselves for the benefits of people who know each other, and would never kill them...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
I just hope the public have the brains to figure out Identity Cards with Retina and fingerprints on them will not change anything, it will not stop so called terrorists..

In fact, I don't even understand how such things are supposed to stop terrorists. If people want to do bad things, they'll do it card or no card.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Right, how are you going to find someone thats not tagged? Its all very frightning.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ranger

In fact, I don't even understand how such things are supposed to stop terrorists. If people want to do bad things, they'll do it card or no card.

And terrorist will have fake fingerprints and retina lenses... It's an endless war, in fact.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ranger

Exacally my point, If somebody wants to do something then a peice of Plastic and a few personal deatils wont stop them, I dont consider people trying to blow up bastards like George Bush and Tony Blair terrorists providing no innocent people get caught in the middle. Unfortunatly the deffition of a terrorist seams to mean any Islamic Anti Govermental person, this is just not the case the media is purpotrating hate and blaming Islam just like the Nazis blamed the jews for problems...It looks like Similer Techniques to me, Create Fear by terrorism, direct the fear at a scapegoat whilst stealing peoples rights and getting them to consume...

I guess we are all living in 1930's Germany..

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The ID cards seem to me to be a sure step towards something that will turn out badly.
If the trial ID thing that is beginning soon, or has begun in the UK is successful or proclaimed successful, which it no doubt will be, I'm sure it will set a precedent and other countries will follow suit.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Right, how are you going to find someone thats not tagged? Its all very frightning.

Well they wont stop Terrorists unless they Chip/Tag everybody, so people without chips cant buy anything, but that doesnt stop the black market ect..

And even lets say i was chiped, it wouldnt stop me going to the local farm and stealing fertilizer and making a bomb would it?....Or would it stop me buying come C4 from some black market dealer?

The Problem cannot be solved 100% ever, they might be able to stop 99% but we would have to give up pretty much all Civil Rights, the world would be like 1984...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
The ID cards seem to me to be a sure step towards something that will turn out badly.

If the trial ID thing that is beginning soon, or has begun in the UK is successful or proclaimed successful, which it no doubt will be, I'm sure it will set a precedent and other countries will follow suit.

Oh i have no doubt they are coming... The question is how can it be stoped or delayed long enough for everybody to realise this is wrong and will not help..

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't know.
Chances are it won't be realized until after such things are implimented and terrorism, etc., doesn't stop.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Its just a waiting game as allways. I am certainly not having an ID card nobody needs nothing more than a photo ID driving license.

I swear my post ^^^ up there about living in 1930s germany is pretty right, thats unless the history we have all been taught is a load of bull#, to be honnest that wouldnt supprise me.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Is there a reason for this rampant paranoia?

I'm no happier about David Blunkett's latest authoritarian measures than you are, particularly the danger he poses to our system of justice, but a comparison with 1930s Germany is a little extreme.

It's unrealistic to think that in our new high-tech world something as simple as a photo-ID driver's license is all the ID you'll ever need. I concur with your prediction that biometric IDs will do little to reduce the threat of terrorism, but to combat identity theft, fraud, and other "white collar" crimes, they're the inevitable future. Surely we should be campaigning to preserve our civil rights rather than indulging in macho dreams of an underground resistance?

And besides all that, how the hell did you get from the new excession countries to the NWO? Are we supposed to believe that Brussels is ruling the world now?

Damn, now I *am* scared...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hell, some colleges are already going too far.

My college uses our social security numbers to make ID cards, Our school number IS our SSN, has our pictures AND a magnetic code associated with our SSN. At least on a state ID/ Drivers liscense, you don't have to put your SSN on it.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I admit i am making sweeping genrilizations and exagerations, but you have to look at the worst possible side of things like this..

As for my comments about "Underground" i am mearly stating that hopefully when all this civil infringment #e happens that there will be people who feel just the same way as i do and who dont want to be a part of it anymore..

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by The Blade Runner]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
Hell, some colleges are already going too far.

My college uses our social security numbers to make ID cards, Our school number IS our SSN, has our pictures AND a magnetic code associated with our SSN. At least on a state ID/ Drivers liscense, you don't have to put your SSN on it.

If whoever is running the joint could have it all tommorow will would probably have our social security numbers tattoo'd on our arms, and a microchip implanted.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by The Blade Runner]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
We are nothing but statistics and consumers.. we mean nothing to big bussiness and corporations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join