It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu in Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Dear brothers and sisters of ATS. My buddies wife is a nurse at a Navy Hospital here in the panhandle of Florida and she just texted him and told him that they just now received four confirmed cases of the Swine Flu at the hospital. Possibly ran into a guy lastnight during my shift who may have had it. He told the E.M.T. that he was coughing up blood. Don't know if that is a symptom but the E.M.T. looked at me and said "This guy may have the Swine Flu." Stand by......O.K. he's on the phone with his wife now and she just confirmed it. Four cases of Swine Flu in the panhandle of Florida. I'll try to keep everyone posted.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, have they seen other viruses going around? We've been passing around some sort of cold at work for four months and the doctors think it is all in our heads. I've had a sinus infection since early February that won't clear up. I have barely been able to stay awake for the last few weeks and it seems to have no origin. We are not too far from you.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Not sure, but I'll ask him to ask her. I work 12 hr. shifts, so I'm always tired.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by skyeyes

It's really bad, my boss and I have taken turns laying our heads down during work for the last few weeks, we do not have a sick building either.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
My sister, who is on vacation here (South FL) from Louisiana visited a fiend a week ago. She received a call from said friend yesterday that she has been diagnosed with Swine Flu, but the hospital refused to do a definitive confirmation test on her friend because she was not in the very young or very old age group (She's 30). So we are watching my sister pretty closely to see if she starts showing symptoms, which usually begin 5-7 days from first contact. She is fine so far and is showing no symptoms of sickness or flu.

There are currently over 400 cases that are labeled by the CDC as "Confirmed and Probable Cases" in FL. source

Needless to say we will be watching her and ourselves closely over the coming weeks.

top topics

join