It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash to become extinct as chips take off

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dallas18

hmm. perhaps given what you have said, an implantable microchip is the solution. no body can steal a microchip implanted in your body..

What? Any resourceful criminal with a pistol and a razor blade can have all the chips he wants.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Does Alex Jones know about this yet?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

probably not, it was only posted 7 hours ago.
i'm sure he would be keen to hear about that article though. as it is rarely mentioned in the media

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Death of cash = death of freedom, there's no other thing to say about the subject.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Heh, I can just see the glitches and hackers taking advantage of this.

"What? My "credit" on my chip has disappeared!"

"Why do I have 821807415710750170.8247 in my balance?"

"Hey you, I can wipe your chip clean in exchange for a favor".

This is bad.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
A cashless FIAT money system is a bankster's wet dream. It might happen but a huge portion of the economy will go completely off the radar as a result.

Weighed rounds of precious metals will become the preferred method of payment for millions of freedom loving peoples and the electronic private transaction equivalent system will grow in kind.

Encrypted private distributed p2p value exchange systems like BitCoin will grow and evolve to serve the liberty or death community.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

That bit coin link was interesting. What can be done about this on a personal level?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Bitcoin is pretty new but as it takes off more and more online communities will use it for transactions that are private p2p. Right now is a good time to just download it learn about it and find forums that have others that have started using it.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
6 month old article but still very relevant to this.

All Australians could be implanted with microchips for tracking and identification within the next two or three generations, a prominent academic says.

Michael G Michael from the University of Wollongong's School of Information Systems and Technology, has coined the term "uberveillance" to describe the emerging trend of all-encompassing surveillance.

"Uberveillance is not on the outside looking down, but on the inside looking out through a microchip that is embedded in our bodies," Dr Michael told ninemsn.

Microchips are commonly implanted into animals to reveal identification details when scanned and similar devices have been used with Alzheimers patients.

US company VeriChip is already using implantable microchips, which store a 16-digit unique identification number, on humans for medical purposes.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

You would be surprised, Ace. The U.S. Treasury can remove a good deal of paper money from circulation pretty quickly, although not quietly. According to the New York Fed site:

(As of December 2007, )there is about $829 billion dollars of U.S. currency in circulation; the majority is held outside the United States.

How Currency Gets into Circulation

They can immediately make rules to force banks to give out pre-paid debits, etc., instead of cash by default. I imagine they would have a hard time refusing cash to people who demand it... at least at first.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I fear for humanity. we are slowly making our way towards bringing truth to the bible.

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: / And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”

remember, it says this also:
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, / The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: / And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.”

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Double post...

dangit

[edit on 14-6-2009 by skeetontheconspiracy]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
triple post, my bad, something funny's going on wit my internet, I think they may have found me....

[edit on 14-6-2009 by skeetontheconspiracy]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dallas18

Heard it a million and one times.
Not gonna happen.
GG.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

I think so! It's been a pleasure reading your posts. you'll be missed! LOL Back on topic though...It alwasy seems like australia is always on the forefront of taking away freedom and turning into a police state. why?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
True or not, I read somewhere that biochips are likely to be removable, like in the form of a "tiara"-like beret or something you could slip around your forehead like a little half-hat and then take off when you want to. Apparently focus groups/market researchers have decided that both the biblical and common-sensical sinister implications of permanently implanted biochips freak people out too much, and commercial work is not going down that road.

Or so they say...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

that many believe will be an implant, the chips will make the people vulnerable to unreasonable taxes and tax rates.

Something else too.
I read an article and heard a radio program about humans becoming *loan chattel* - In other words, it wont be your car or house used as collateral - but you, yourself. (I wish I could find the article but I lost it and can’t locate it)...

So, with the *chip*?

You want to buy a bag a chips, a pack a steaks and a beer?

Too bad for you - you’re denied at the payout counter as your *chip* reads you haven't paid your mortgage yet (or your car loan or your vet bill, whatever)...

The ominous side of the chip far outweighs the *ease* of using such a method, IMO.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
How about we do away with paper money and regular coins and replace them with a system like Republic/Imperial Credits from the Star Wars fictional universe.
Take an electronic chip and put some form of a seal around it(tamper proof type), give it a tracking number and value programmed in, imbed the credit with a specialized metallic substance that is only available through the government, etc.
This idea I believe would work along with the fact that we already have the technology for it and it is incredibly cheap to manufacture for these means. The form of currency would be like in the style of either the scanning style of an RFID chip or else plugin style like USB flash drives.
I don't see why we would need for these to be implanted into a person's skin for things to work.
And for fun or whatever:
starwars.wikia.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I'll believe it when I see it. Politicians will always have need of cash. How else are they to receive their bribes?

Plus, if people would just stop using their debit cards, this will all go away. Debit cards waste so much time it's unbelievable. They're inconvenient in the extreme.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join