It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDE similarities-Beyond the tunnel and light

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slih_09

Originally posted by JayinAR
NDE experiences are something I've thought about off and on for quite some time now.
I don't know what to think. You see, I've died (kinda) for roughly 2 1/2 minutes on the operating table and nothing happened.

Which tells me that it was either the drugs in my system or that I haven't done anything noteworthy.

That's very interesting because I'd really like to hear some more stories like yours, NDE where nothing happens, where you just lose consciousness and that's it.

It seems to me like the NDE stories are really biased, and it seems like most people assume that NDE means that you had "divine" experiences. The statistics show that there's FAR more cases of NDE where the individual didn't experience anything fancy yet there aren't that many people describing those experiences. I'd really like to see the whole picture and not just the infinite love, the tunnel, the deceased relatives magically appearing before you side.

So if any of you know a site with stories of NDEs where people describe dying without any divine stuff involved please tell me.

I think its very similar to the fact that we dream every night...but do not recall these dreams always.

I think many that have had experiences, dont really consider them to be divine always.

My grandfather was not much of 'faith or belief'...and during his last 2 days in the hospital of dying of cancer...he constantly talked about how he was fishing on the most beautiful water he had ever seen and that his dog( that had already past on years before) was with him on the boat. My grandfather, fished every day, sometimes 2 times a day. It was the first thing he did every morning. It was his love...that and the water.

The smile on his face as he would talk about being with ruffous (his dog) and how beautiful the water was only said that he was absolutely sure, it was real, to him at least. There was not a divine essence to it...but in a sense...this was his 'heaven' so to say.

Something else I consider greatly....is we are creators of the astral plane...the area of 'inbetween'. In a sense...we may create our 'heaven' or even our 'hell'. If we die with much guilt on our minds...our fears or worries by manifest into a scenery...for one may find themselves not worthy of creating something good for themselves. If people feel the 'need' to be judged...they may create this too. Many people of a certain religion have experiences that sway from what they believed to be a fact. Some people though have very religious experiences and some of the more religious people are the ones it seems to have a experience of a 'hell'. I think this very well could be the conditioning of 'thought' within them...that they are not worthy.

Not saying this is in any way facts...but what every my mother was experiencing and my grandfather...they found it all to be very real.

Appreciate all thoughts

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ide also like to say....there were several times when my mother told me she was told...as she was being shown things...that she would not remember certain things as well as could not tell me of certain things.

As I would ask her questions in between her times of being conscious and not...she said I was 'standing on the mountain without taking off my shoes'

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

I think its very similar to the fact that we dream every night...but do not recall these dreams always.

I think many that have had experiences, dont really consider them to be divine always.

My grandfather was not much of 'faith or belief'...and during his last 2 days in the hospital of dying of cancer...he constantly talked about how he was fishing on the most beautiful water he had ever seen and that his dog( that had already past on years before) was with him on the boat. My grandfather, fished every day, sometimes 2 times a day. It was the first thing he did every morning. It was his love...that and the water.

The smile on his face as he would talk about being with ruffous (his dog) and how beautiful the water was only said that he was absolutely sure, it was real, to him at least. There was not a divine essence to it...but in a sense...this was his 'heaven' so to say.

Something else I consider greatly....is we are creators of the astral plane...the area of 'inbetween'. In a sense...we may create our 'heaven' or even our 'hell'. If we die with much guilt on our minds...our fears or worries by manifest into a scenery...for one may find themselves not worthy of creating something good for themselves. If people feel the 'need' to be judged...they may create this too. Many people of a certain religion have experiences that sway from what they believed to be a fact. Some people though have very religious experiences and some of the more religious people are the ones it seems to have a experience of a 'hell'. I think this very well could be the conditioning of 'thought' within them...that they are not worthy.

Not saying this is in any way facts...but what every my mother was experiencing and my grandfather...they found it all to be very real.

Appreciate all thoughts

Yes it's difficult to recall dreams perfectly, but most of the time you at least know you dreamed something, even if you don't really know what it was, from what I've seen most NDEs are just nothing, people just lose consciousness and they regain it without even having a slight memory that they experienced something, you'd think that being a much more powerful experience you'd remember more than a dream.

Also about your grandfather, it could be that he was just having hallucinations while being semi-conscious, it has happened to me that I dream but I kinda mix the real world and the dream world, and it feels incredibly real.

I'm not discrediting these experiences though, I just don't like to bias toward one side, that's why I want to read those other experiences, the ones where the person experiences nothing. I find it slightly more interesting actually, because it's way harder to imagine what non-existence, non-consciousness feels like.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Slih_09

I would suppose that non consciousness would have no feeling to it.

I have many times I wake from sleep and cant recall anything, as if I didnt dream at all. I find it frustrating actually, for I enjoy recalling dreams.

I really was not much of a believer of something beyond...until I saw my mother for 9 hours, tell me of experiencing another world/worlds. She not only saw things when unconscious...but also while awake. The things she saw were different...like when she was awake, she would see energy, like a matrix of energy lines and kept asking me if I saw the 'yellow dust'.

Dont suppose there is anyway to know for sure.

Have you ever had a out of body experience...or a lucid dream...ever dream and KNOW you were dreaming? Those can be strange.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Oh yeah it would be basically nothingness but I'd like to know what it's like to dive into that lack of everything and then come back, for me it's very interesting.

And I guess it could be said that I've experienced strange things, at first I did though they were OBEs, but I read a bit more into it and now I believe they were just episodes of sleep paralysis and hallucinations or just very vivid dreams, I gotta be honest, I'm not much of a believer in OBEs and spiritual things like I once was, but I'm still not saying they don't exist, I still keep an open mind about it.

And having dreams where I know I'm dreaming can be weird as well, but it's like my brain has a fail safe, it has happened a few times that I realize I'm dreaming but as soon as I realize it I just jump into a different dream forgetting about it and impeding me to do whatever I please.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I have a NDE documentary on ATS that I uploaded a while ago.

seen here.

(click to open player in new window)

My personal exp is research into death, I have studied countless yrs on what happens after we die. I am constantly thinking about dead and have tried to see what is on the other side a few times, although nothing ever ammounted to much because well here I am still talking on the internet to you guys..

I did at one time through this one time of a suicide where I took 200 sleeping pills downed with 2 dixie cups of Jack Daniels and 2 16 oz bottles of Budweiser in roughly 5 minutes. Through this exp I had a conversation with myself. I told me that I wasnt allowed to kill myself at all(This is as if i was talking to someone else but was talking to myself.) I told me that I wasnt allowed to try and kill myself at all, there were things I had to do, I would know when I would be finished with whatever I have to do. Recently in the beginning of the year I was going to shoot myself but my damn sister called me on the phone and i couldnt let her hear what was going to happen so i didnt do it..

Anyway. I believe we are all here to learn something, whether something minor or something serious(appearently in my case I believe i have to live till I natrually die.) but alot of the NDE's that I have read consist of unconditional love, acceptance, and the person wanting to stay where they were, most people were almost pissed because they had to come back here and learn whatever they had to learn because the feelings they got there were more real i suppose than here.

This is part of the reason I am suicidal, I believe in black and white and want to prove what these people state. But I dont want to screw up and end it and find out it is just that, the end..

Oh well I dont knew.. 10% of the worlds population have near death exp's and throughout history they talk about them so I am almost sure that what happens when someone dies is real. I dont think that its a trick on the brain or whatever.. That is why I want to prove this case..
My 1 wish in life is to die and come back and say what it really is.. But I have to accept the fact I probably wont be able to do that until I actually die..

Anyway sorry for the long post but I think it is important here. and yes This is the 1st time i think I talked online about my exp..
But we will see what happens when we actually die, whether heaven, hell, another plane, nothing.. In the end I guess it is what we get because we will get nothing else.
edit on 10/26/2010 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
"there are no sins ... all that matters is what you think" ...
Um ... I don't think so.
What we do matters. What pain we cause matters. What good we do matters.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Thanks for sharing the video and your thoughts here

Enjoy life...while you know you do have it

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Slih_09

One of the coolest things my mother shared with me was a dream she experienced. My mother was bedridden for years after braking both of her hips. There was a time when my Father was searching for a certain bill he needed and had been fussing for several days for he couldnt find it. My mother woke one morning...remembering she had a dream that she was walking around in her house (which was wonderful for her, to be walking period). In the awe of how cool it was to be walking...she then remembered....seeing the bill my father was looking for in another room of the house, some where she can not get to since she was bed ridden. She told me father of it all later...and he went to look on the desk she spoke of in her dream....and there he found the bill...right where she said she saw it.

There are just things that have made me keep an open mind. If it wasnt for close family members sharing with me, Im not sure how open my mind would be.

Just sharing...
LV

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Thanks man, But the only thing that would make me do that is to be happy, Life is not allowing me or have allowed me to do that. I think my ultimate search is to learn death and what it is..

But I am still here and I guess according to everyone else that is good.. According to me I dont agree, but that is just me.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
hello, why not try 'the end of materialism' by charles t tart.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
"there are no sins ... all that matters is what you think" ...
Um ... I don't think so.
What we do matters. What pain we cause matters. What good we do matters.

The only true part of life that matters are those moments of Love and sincere kindness. Unconditional love does not judge or accept with condition that would counter act the meaning.

There really are no sins, no rights or wrongs, there only exists an eternal present. You are the only one judging yourself, which is contrary to most of the religious dogmas that exist today.

Sure religion has a core of truth but it's drowning in an illusive sea of perversions.

For all you know you could have died several times, choosing to come back each time. Have you noticed people die around you but it's never you that actually dies?

You may get hit by a bus, die and decide to come back; and on coming back instead of getting hit by the bus you bend over to pick up a penny or some random act that causes you to miss the event of dieing in that way. Sure you may have died in one parallel reality, and you will always have that memory but whilst incarnated you have temporarily forgotten so. That is quantum immortality an actual scientific theory.
edit on 26-10-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join