It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18-Year-Old Arrested in Cat Mutilations, future serial killer?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
MIAMI (June 10) -- The black cat's body was found in the grass, just feet from the hedges where she slept each day.
Miss Kitty was still warm to the touch when the South Florida couple who cared for her found her in the yard next door. Her head was smashed and her back legs skinned, like pieces of chicken in a grocer's freezer. And she was not the only one to suffer such a fate.news.aol.com... 77?icid=sphere_newsaol_inpage

Authorities say a teenager has been arrested and accused of committing a series of cat mutilation deaths in his Miami area community. The Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office says 18-year-old Tyler Weinman was taken into custody early Sunday. He is charged with 19 counts of animal cruelty, 19 counts of improperly disposing of an animal body and four counts of burglary. State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle says she hopes the residents of the Palmetto Bay and Cutler Bay neighborhoods "will feel relieved and their cats will be safe once again." Prosecutors say Weinman is in police custody. It wasn't clear if he had an attorney yet. Horrified owners have been finding their cats killed and mutilated for the past month. Investigators have been looking into about two dozen deaths.

news.aol.com...
What would cause someone to do such a horriable act? It has been said that someone who is cruel to animals when they're young have a high chance to grow up and become a serial killer, if this is true then this kid could be the worst one we've ever seen because this case of animal mutilations is the worst i've ever seen. So future mass murderer, I think high chance, what are your thoughts?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
For any person to do this in the first place obviously suggests a fascination with inflicting pain and suffering for entertainment.
This is a part of their mindset and some probably think about how fun it would be to mutilate a human, and some actually do.

It bothers me that some people exist that I must share a planet with.

Human, animal, doesn't matter, these people are best removed from society.

My province just increased the penalties for animal abuse by a substantial amount, good.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Geez, i mean i don't really care for cats but com'on this is beyond. Where were the parents what have they taught that kid.Maybe its the lack of parent involvement in this kids life and this is how he lets out his anger, not that it makes it right, just sayin...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Anger within projects anger outward.
By harming another creature, it would seem, I assume to make something else's life worse, and being able to control it all makes it a real rush.

'Something else hurts more than me'

I am not a psychologist, and I don't play one on TV, but that is what I assume the mindset is.

Do you want someone like that living next door?
I don't.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This kid will kill again and he will step up to bigger game. No therapy or medicine can cure this kid, he's a sociopath. You can see it all over his smug face, he absolutely loves it.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hmmmm, and a man that supposedly a nation dislikes kills thousands upon thousands of people not responsible for a crime and not a thing happens to him. Yep, welcome to irony. I don't think the kid should get that kind of time for killing cats. That is retarded. Should cattle farmers get time for slaughtering livestock? Should plant freaks rise up against us for mowing our grass? The penance for a crime, in the dulled existence of the human mind, should be metered against the burden on a creature with a common intellect. Otherwise, well, we're just animals.

Not saying the kid shouldn't be punished. I just think people in this country are entirely too judge happy. Kinda like lawyers...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollumi

H Should cattle farmers get time for slaughtering livestock?

yes.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollumi

Um, there is a huge difference between torturing a living being while alive than just outright killing it.
Most meat we eat for supper is hopefully in most cases killed fast and not cruelly slow.

But to torture an innocent animal that does not even know what is being done as it screams in agony while some jerk wad gets his rocks off?
Someones beloved pet, or even a squirrel from that tree over there.

That's just sick and there is no room in a decent society for that trash.
Not on my planet.

I don't like people mutilators either.

Better a murderer than a mutilator.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I don't know that he is guilty. They've presented no evidence that would show he is. I also understand that more cats have been found in an area he is not connected to that is close. (Earthfiles)

I know that a lot of serial killers do torture animals first, but that does not mean that everyone that kills an animal becomes a serial killer.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
That made me sick. Almost as much as the Chinese Fur video from I think peta.
I have a kitty who waits from me when Im in the shower, and as soon as the water turns off she pushes the door open to see me. I think the guy deserves time he gets. Anyone who can torture without conscience is not human, in my opinion.
It wont necessarily lead to killing people but it definitely leads to lack of wrongdoing when they do kill people. Soldiers who killed hostages, went hunting all the time, bad memories, they told me...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I disagree with all your sentiments here with respect.

Just because someone mutilates/kills/tortures an animal does not mean that they are destined to become a serial killer.

there may be a high probabilty in past cases, but that does not mean classify them all the same.

As a child, I too did similar things, parents had nothing to do with it, movies and television had nothing to do with it.

I have not become a killer, but a respectedmember of society like most of you folk here on ATS.

yes, its unfortunate what occured to the cat, but the child is not destined to live in evil.......

its experimenting and learning, thou many would disagree, but sometimes it takes people to take life to learn to respect life....if that makes any sense.....

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
And it took him 19 defenseless cats to... not learn to respect life, I see.
Whats your point? Are you defending it because you did similar things?

It's not a part of growing up. I was always the kid who taught others not to step on ants and such. Killing and torture is NOT a necessary part of childhood.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
no not defending him at all......just saying just because he killed some cats which i admit is wring does not mean that when he is 30 he wont be a normal citizen.....dont mean he will be a serial killer which is what the thread is about.....

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This kid, if guilty, needs psychological help. It is not normal to commit these acts.

A short story:

When I was young, a half-dozen of us went fishing. On the way home, where the stream met the road, was a box of kittens that someone had left.

The guys I was with took the kittens, threw them into the water, and stoned them to death as they swam back to shore.

I was shocked. These kids were by all appearances 'normal', and one would never suspect them of commiting such an act.

I never spoke with them about it. I wouldn't know what to say.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well, ya know, I see cruel people around me every day. They take delight in causing pain or at least get a response and maybe even the response is a delight. As in "Notice me, I am I". Gauging cruelty based on your own prejudices might lead some astray.

Let's say somebody has a box of slugs that means everything to them. They just went through a very difficult time in life and while they were sitting on a back porch one night contemplating the meaning of life they saw a slug climbing up the porch. They opened up, much as unintentional slug lovers do, and bared their soul to this slug and another that just happened along. The slugs did not judge and allowed the person to heal so the person developed this unintentional slug love I was talking about. So, days later our person is taking care of the slugs. They bonded. And it occurs to the person that even though he loves these slugs freedom is the truest love of them all. So he goes out front and sets the slugs free. Then a kid passing by hops up and down on them smashing them to slug jelly.

Should the kid go to prison? Do we value the extent of love the person has for his slugs in our legul system? Or do we value the closeness to our own intellect? What if some Orangutans (monkeys) were tortured to death, would our collective consciousness see that as a worse crime? Heh heh, what if he tortured a farmers cows to death and a farmer said "That is ok, I was getting ready to slaughter them anyway". Would we care about the cows pain and suffering. Steak anybody? More about money than the souls justice I would suspect....

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I certainly would. There is a difference between taking a life and torturing, then taking that life. If the farmers torturing cows before slaughtering him I would gladly beat him senseless... it is completely unnecessary and despicable. If he just uses the nail-punch or w/e in the head, quick and over with, thats completely different. Gotta eat to live.

I feel the same way about wearing furs. People can if they want to, we have been wearing furs since the beginning of time.
But I dont think animals should be killed for_their_fur. If you kill something, eat it, use all the parts, wear the fur, great!! But make sure you kill the animals quickly, NO TORTURE!!!

Video someone sent me recently, almost made me throw up

Watch at your own discretion

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by joe82

Absolutely, this dude is a whacked out nut job taking form. They should nail him to the wall. SICK [SNIP]! If I ever saw someone do that to any animal I'd skin that person alive!!!!!

Censor circumvention removed

[edit on 20/6/09 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
I certainly would. There is a difference between taking a life and torturing, then taking that life. If the farmers torturing cows before slaughtering him I would gladly beat him senseless... it is completely unnecessary and despicable. If he just uses the nail-punch or w/e in the head, quick and over with, thats completely different. Gotta eat to live.

I feel the same way about wearing furs. People can if they want to, we have been wearing furs since the beginning of time.
But I dont think animals should be killed for_their_fur. If you kill something, eat it, use all the parts, wear the fur, great!! But make sure you kill the animals quickly, NO TORTURE!!!

Video someone sent me recently, almost made me throw up

Watch at your own discretion

Thanks for the video link. Watched it all the way through. And it was horrible acts against a living creature imho.

I used to have cousins that were commercial fishermen. They are not mass murderers. They would skin the catfish while they were still alive. Occasionally they would cut a heart out and throw it in a pool of the blood and the heart would beat for a good while after. Point is, they were desensitized to it. I also once worked close to where pigs were slaughtered and if they didn't kill them right (or attempt to should I say) they made a racket that sent chills down my spine. And it went on for a while. Empathy is something man is not too good at. What looked like pets to you and me in that Chinese video was just somebody's job.

Animals however are not of a common intellect and that seems to be the general rule on the value of another life. It's own sense of being does not come into consideration. Don't get me wrong. Human beings are chilling creatures. Thing is that they are overpowered against most species.

Do you think aliens would think much of skinning us alive? Perhaps cutting our rectums out like a cow. No lasegun to the head even I bet.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Gee, I tell ya, if this was my kid that did this to these cats, I'd have beaten him to a bloody pulp .. and NOT stuck up for him like this creeps father apparently has (didn't he hear? they found evidence that it was his son, he's guilty, string him up!).

Alleged Kitty Killer's Father Speaks Out
(there is a video interview embedded in this news article) Certainly a lack of responsibility and discipline in that dysfunctional family.

And just when you've lost all faith in humanity, then I ran across this article released today:

Woman skinned puppy to make belt

Someone skin this women alive and make me a pair of shoes from HER hide and I'll wear them when I have to romp around in the mud!

Good gawd, what is wrong with some humons? We need tougher laws. We need public floggings! We need more "eye for an eye" punishments! And maybe we need to hold parents responsible for creating these MONSTERS!

Humanity disgusts me to no end, what a creepy hideous species! I pray reptilians swoop down upon Earth some day and harvest all these humons to make hood ornaments out of them for their spaceships, ha!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join