It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea warns Seoul of nuclear war following UN sanctions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think they are used to it and obviously they are sick of it judging by the millions of refugees who have left in the past five years. I think most of them are so physically starved and emotionally beaten down by that administration that they don't have the ability to fight back. I doubt they want to fight South Korea, a significant number of them are kin.

Hate to say it but it may be "black op" time......much as I hate to see any negative cart tipping. Not sure how this situation will play out but Pakistan and North Korea are the two countries I think will be willing to engage in nuclear terrorism. There was an interesting post someone put up on another thread about Indian and Nepalese Gurkhas being among those killed in Swat. Interesting because those people were from the Indian army and they are one of our "allies." If they are indeed being recruited by the Taliban, BAD sign.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yes, and the known world is just clamoring for this to happen.
Let's not even figure in radiation drift that will occur when fallout enters the airstreams.
That's how Chernobyl was "discovered," Sweden detected abnormal radiation levels.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by i_want_the_truth

Yes and the frightening part is that the US has the Densepak system which is where bombs are clustered around certain central US cities. Theoretically even in the country is destroyed and ceases to exist the system can continue to remotely send warheads to designated targets until the entire silo stockpile is empty, which may be days or weeks, dumping radiation into the atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Kim's about near his death bed...I'm thinking he wants to see a light show before he goes out and wants to see his enemies "crushed". However, the fact that he's testing a nuke and at the same time transferring power to his son is conflicting. His son wouldn't be able to start a nuke war and I doubt he'll be able to continue the Kim Jong reign long after dear old kimmy passes away.

We invaded Iraq and killed Saddam for the same things Kim Jong is doing right now. Yet Saddam had no Weapons of Mass Destruction and Kimmy is testing new ones weekly...and these sanctions...the same sanctions we're placing on Iran for its nuclear program are doing nothing. Everyone knows North Korea does nothing without China's approval...I've been questioning China's motives a lot lately.

Since we're transferring nukes to South Korea and Japan all that comes to mind is we are bracing not for probable reasons but POSSIBLE...Not likely but better prepared than not prepared. However, anyone who threatens a nuclear war so much is bound to get what he asks for. I think its only a matter of time before Kimmy croaks or is assassinated for his latest power trips. He's crossed some lines that shouldn't be crossed. He's threatening not just millions but ourselves and allies. I doubt we are not thinking militarily about this....

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

Agreed the Chinese should be doing more unless of course they don't really have any more pull with the North Koreans.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3aba1bbea4a9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
You launch just ONE nuke......just ONE

no matter where it comes from...

Bye Bye Economy

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Nuclear Winter

Just one Ohio class submarine could push North Korea from the Iron Age into the Stone Age, and they know it. And the U.S. has 14 of them, ready to blast their targets to hell at a moment's notice, in accordance with their job descriptions.

Despite the DPRK's regressive stand on human rights, I think it would be ill-advised to underestimate them. The truth is that, despite widespread social problems, the North Korean government is staffed by some unusually bright people.

They are NOT stupid. They monitor international opinion, just like we do, and they are anything but reckless. They execute plans based on carefully calculated strategies, just as the U.S. and any other modern government does.

When they do "something crazy", it's not because they are "crazy", but because they expect the ploy to achieve beneficial results.

Again, and I cannot overemphasize this: THE GOVERNMENT OF THE DEMOCRATIC PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF KOREA IS NOT INSANE!

They have very specific and well-considered goals, and their policies reflect those goals. All the rest is, more or less, breathless sensationalism driven, in large part, by the North Korean propaganda machine.

The key when considering North Korean goals and strategy is to take a few steps back and think about what they have to gain or lose.

THE NORTH KOREAN GOVERNMENT IS NOT CRAZY OR STUPID! They know what they want, and are working toward it.

Underestimate -- or overestimate them -- at your peril.

(Just my personal opinion, nothing more.)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
i'm sorry for not reading all posts, but wouldn't it be wise just to "off" kimmy in a 1 shot verdict?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Hey, all of you warmongers in this thread... do me a favour.

To show how courageous and macho you are and how you're willing to help your country, with your blind patriotism, here's a challenge for you:

Why don't you go deep under-cover inside NK so that you can report on what's really happening, with your superior intel-gathering skills. Then, when you're satisfied that they're really going to enter a launch sequence, you can pre-empt their moves and radio back to your home base. Your heros in the boats, subs and bombers can fire off the first round of nukes in a pre-emptive strike before NK can flick their switches.

Just do me a favour though, make sure that you're still inside NK when the nukes go off. See how you might like one of them being dropped on you. It will be all immaterial if there's one, twenty or a hundred, won't it?

If you can't manage that, then take a ticket to camp South of the border and watch the fireworks from the peaceful lands of SK. See how you'll enjoy the radiation sickness afterwards.

Think about what you're discussing, people. It's madness.

Kill one person and you're a murderer.
Kill many and you're a conqueror.
Kill them all and you're a god.
Morons.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Kill one person and you're a murderer.
Kill many and you're a conqueror.
Kill them all and you're a god.
Morons.

Nice touch

Not all of us are advocating "Nuking" The North

[edit on 15-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Not all of us are advocating "Nuking" The North

As long as some of you are, then my post still counts.

I didn't state 'everyone in this thread'. I stated 'warmongers' in this thread.

There is a difference. The way that some people discuss launching nukes, like it should be a solution, is frightening.

Launching nukes is end-game. There's nothing after that. Which may not be a bad thing. The insects will survive.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

The problem here is that there is a "headline" I know you have been around the threads awhile. Maybe you have noticed who exactly it threatening whom? Or have you paid much attention these days.?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rokondo

Here if you are interested in that area of the world. Check out this thread a few of us have compiled you may find it interesting The New Great Game

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
If the North Korea is telling the truth and the US has got 1000 nukes based in south Korea could it not be one for the north and 999 directed at china as they could take sides if NK gets nuked. High stakes here.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

First off I wouldn't be surprised if we had nukes in the area Just in case, but not a 1000 or 999.

It's a scary thought though isn't it?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
NK has already tested nuclear weapons...sure they're tiny compared to ours...but how long are we going to wait to act? Until they have a big one? Until they have 100 big ones? Until they have a huge intercontinental missile capable of hitting anywhere in the US?
It's a very touchy situation, as obviously any attack or hit would unleash thousands of artillery shells upon SK by the north, killing thousands if not hundreds or thousands of civilians.
But how long do we wait? Do we wait for SK and Japan to say ok lets go?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
No..not all of us are war mongers. Nuclear war is a whole new ball game people!

I don't see how saying "we'll nuke 'em before they even know whats coming" will help anything?
Think about what would happen if we really did strike first, yes we may be able to stop the NK conflict BUT we will stir up new hostility with the rest of the world. We'll be the new elephant in the room. The end result of all this hostility can not be a nuclear war. To even use those words shows irresponsibility. If even one goes off, it will start a chain reaction in which we all will suffer in many areas.

Also, someone said they have smart people in the NK gov and they monitor the polls and opinions as we do. Well...correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they communist? A dictator? He does not have to get permission to do anything, which leads to the crazy guy with the button under his finger scenario. Yes, I do agree that he has smart people doing his bidding, but there are no set of checks and balances for him. If he wants to launch, he can with no approval from anybody else regardless of world opinion or any other countries opinion.

Nuclear war is not the answer. Its time to call in black ops.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by i_want_the_truth
No..not all of us are war mongers. Nuclear war is a whole new ball game people!

I don't see how saying "we'll nuke 'em before they even know whats coming" will help anything?

It's a knee jerk reaction to say that.
I think Little Kimmy may "Accidentally" die from lead poisoning if we're lucky.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join